What do you think of people like Fred Phelps?

Not his followers; they simply are being led around by the nose.they know not. He is the problem.:)

Really? I think they are aware of what they are choosing to do.

This is a heinous subject...let's talk about something more enjoyable...how was your root canal?

I guess I'll have to look him up. I've never heard of him. Why are u so angry with him?

This is a guy and his followers who go to the funerals of all dead soldiers and hold up signs that say "*They are fags", "They'll burn in hell", "Jesus is glad they're dead", "God wanted 9/11 to happen" etc., all in the name of Christianity. IMHO, these sickos are borderline Charles Manson. (*Even if the soldier is heterosexual, they still carry this sign. Go figure.)

Edited by Carl62

Fred Phelps is just an opportunist and a jerk. I wouldn't say evil incarnate. He and his followers make money by going places and saying things specifically to get assaulted, then suing the people who assaulted them and everyone else.

I would say Fred Phelps is just a selfish, hateful, opportunistic little man.

Wow! That's just crazy. Sorry to hear that he does that type of thing. Thank you Carl.

If you want to see what they're like in action, just check out their youtube stuff. I like the 'Hannity & Colmes' interview. They both REALLY lay into Shirley Phelps.

I don't understand why some people have so much hate. When I'm angry and displeased with someone and can't resolve it, I remove myself from the problem. I don't go around actively inciting more antagonistic feelings. What is there to be gained by it?

I hope he sincerely believes that what he's doing is God's will, because I'd hate to think that someone can have so much sheer malice as to protest and insult the brave and honourable dead. But I think he knows it's not. If he doesn't like the military and religious freedom, he should leave the country. We'll see how much he likes it when he's within the grasp of a repressive regime. People like him are the ones who make repressive regimes, but I bet he couldn't handle being on the bottom of one.

There's a special circle of hell reserved for Phelps and his followers.

:) lack of laugh button is often a problem lol

My own view is its a special kind of blasphemy they practice. Using the Lords name to practice what he didn't preach

-Charley

Edited by Elgama

I hesitate to post this, because Westboro Baptist members are notorious for contention.

That as the caveat, here are my two favourite Republicans: Jackie Broulx and Dunlap.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I love these two commentators.

Oh my gosh. That was hilarious! Thanks funky.

Oh my gosh. That was hilarious! Thanks funky.

I would vote in Jackie Broulx(The one with the beard) for any government office he wanted.

EDIT: ARGH! Now I had to watch it again and I'm being looked at in a funny way because I'm laughing out loud at Dunlap and Broulx. ARGH! Why oh why can't everyone have political discourse like these two? I used to watch them every day during the Presidential election. If these two were on Fox News, I would fight anyone who made fun of that show.

Edited by FunkyTown

:) lack of laugh button is often a problem lol

My own view is its a special kind of blasphemy they practice. Using the Lords name to practice what he didn't preach

-Charley

Well, I hesitate to go that far. Their problem is that they dwell on one sin at the expense of every other sin.

Heck, EVERY man has sinned, so they could picket any funeral and be technically correct.

It's just that they dwell on specific sins and say God hates them especially. The one young woman in the Red State Update was correct: All proud sinners must be brought low. Sadly, that includes her entire group in that, me and a good deal others as well.

Fred Phelps is the only human being who has ever caused me to have a good thing to say about Michael Moore. Michael loaded up a bunch of gay folk in a big pink lovewagon and followed Fred and his protestors around for a while. I'm not exactly a fan of in-your-face homosexual behavior displayed openly to make a political point, but I sure hope I can make someone like Fred look that uncomfortable some day.