Standing up for what's right or just plain rude?

talisyn

Once again I found something shocking and I haven't seen a thread about it yet, which means someone else probably posted about it an hour ago :P but check this out!!!

VMA chaos, as usual: Kanye upset, Jackson honored - Yahoo! News

In the interest of not violating copywrite laws I will quote only a few sentences (I really need to read the rules)

"I was standing on the stage and I was really excited because I had just won the award," Swift said after Sunday's show at Radio City Music Hall. "And then I was really excited because Kanye West was on the stage. And then I wasn't so excited anymore after that."

I have to give credit to Beyonce, she was very classy :)

Kanye West is an epic moron. I watched that last night with my husband, and our jaws literally dropped as he bum rushed the staged, yanked the microphone out of Taylor Swift's hands, and then proceeded to talk about how she didn't deserve her award.

Seeing as how T. Swift was up against people with more popular videos than hers, with better voices, and more creativity I totally understand his point. She probably didn't deserve that award, but come on! None of the people in that category were bitter about it! They showed shots of Beyonce and Lady Gaga cheering for her as she got that award. Why not let her have her moment? She's a teenager that just won a VMA. Can you imagine how humiliating that whole situation would have been? You could see in her face how embarrassed she was. Kanye West is a jerk.

I have to give serious props to Beyonce for acting like a lady.

I don't understand. She didn't vote herself the award. Same people that voted for that voted for anything Beyonce won later or he won or I really don't care.

A friend of mine was teaching Primary yesterday. She asked a little girl of two to please stop turning the lights on and off. The little girl turned to her and said "Just shut up". She was shocked. Behavior is taught at home, by parents, siblings and the media we allow in our homes.

I have never seen the VMAs and have no desire to. Now the ACMs is another story.

Ben Raines

Kayne West and Rep. Joe Wilson should have traded hecking spots. Kanye West telling President Obama that Beyonce has one of the best videos ever made during a congressional address, or Joe Wilson shouting you lie to Taylor Swift during an awards show would have been seen as comic relief and a chance for the audience to twitter on their Blackberries.

The way they did it instead was insufferably rude.

I cannot believe that Kanye did that, well him being Kanye, i guess its not that shocking.. but it was so rude and disrespectful. and when it happened Beyonce just seemed really shocked.

I heard that at first Taylor swift was really excited that he came on stage, then he said that.. and things changed.

Beyonce is AMAZING for giving Taylor her time. I'm not a huge fan of her or anything. But it definitly made me like her a lot more.

Well, one thing about Mr. Kayne West is he speaks from his heart :P

Ohh yes, I found out more about Pres. Obama's calling Mr. West a barnyard animal. Turns out CNBC and ABC share a fiber optic line to save money and some ABC people did a little snooping, overheard what the president said before his interview, and twittered like idiots. I'm not happy with them because now how are we gonna get info from 'unnamed sources' if they can't trust that what they say is off the record?

Has anyone thought that this whole thing might be bogus and a complete setup? :eek:

Hard to fathom but it's been done before and it boosted publicity for BOTH parties. I think back to the Superbowl stunt with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake. Initially they claimed the whole thing was accidental but later the truth surfaced that the whole thing was setup. I guess you just never know, especially, these days..

Anyway, the thought occurred to me while I was eating dinner and watching Tivo'd America's Got Talent :]

• 3 weeks later...