Whom Would You Be Listening Too?

Churchmouse

If you could tune in anyone (music) on the radio, whom would it be?

Many of you have probably never heard of my favorite group. It was from my teenage years in the early 60's. The Four Seasons.

The were the third most popular group of the 60's decade. The Beatles were, of course, number one. Two was the Supremes. Four was the Beach Boys.

They were later billed as Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. A few years ago Valli had a concert in Columbus, Ohio. I called the ticket office and asked the young lady what time they opened so I could get there to get a front row ticket. She said " I don't think you have to worry about that. I've never heard of him". I didn't know if I show feel insulted or amused. By the way, it was a sellout with standing room only.

What group or individual would you pay to see today?

Edited by Churchmouse

Many of you have probably never heard of my favorite group. It was from my teenage years in the early 60's. The Four Seasons.

The were the third most popular group of the 60's decade. The Beatles were, of course, number one. Two was the Supremes. Four was the Beach Boys.

They were later billed as Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. A few years ago Valli had a concert in Columbus, Ohio. I called the ticket office and asked the young lady what time they opened so I could get there to get a front row ticket. She said " I don't think you have to worry about that. I've never heard of him". I didn't know if I show feel insulted or amused. By the way, it was a sellout with standing room only.

Hahah. I saw Frankie Valli in concert. He came to my grade school and all the lady teachers looked like they were going to pass out.

None...I did this once in Hawaii, where I took a girl to watch Fleetwood Mac. I found it distasteful and to loud to understand what was being sung. Not only that, the amount of smoke in the air. Since that time, I never attended another concert.

I now spend money on Sat Radio or listen to my own favorites CD music. Even radio, I dismayed on the amount of FM weenies to imitate an AM talk show vice playing music. ^_^

Simon and Garfunkle. If only tickets weren't so darn expensive. I checked into it when they were touring just a couple of years ago. Even the cheap seats were more than $200 a piece. I'd love to see them perform.

Guest Godless

I've seen most of my favorite bands live. I wouldn't mind seeing Bad Religion outside of the Warped Tour. I'd also like to see Ensiferum and 3 Inches of Blood (the token metal bands in my collection) live.

I've seen most of my favorite bands live. I wouldn't mind seeing Bad Religion outside of the Warped Tour. I'd also like to see Ensiferum and 3 Inches of Blood (the token metal bands in my collection) live.

If your a metal fan i highly recommend Opeth. A Swedish band with a large range from screaming thrash to the most beautiful instrumentals. I'll have to check out Ensiferum Those Scandinavians put out some good metal bands.

JOURNEY!!! With Arnel Pineda! :)

Guns and Roses.

Jars of Clay - I saw them once before and it was one of the most enjoyable concerts I've had - they had families with little children in picnic blankets in the "mosh pit" area. I want to see them again just so I can take my kids with me!

Metallica.

Duran-duran - again. I've seen them like umpteen times.

Hanson - real. talent.

Collective Soul - again. I saw them twice before. I've heard they've disbanded though.

Ah yes, I grew up listening to all those too. Especially the Beach Boys. :D

I'm not loyal to any certain band or musician. I'll listen to whatever is on the radio pretty much. And although my preference is old school hip-hop and pop, I love classical music as well. In fact, I think most of the stuff I've downloaded from the web is Andrea Bocelli and Camille Saint-Saëns.

Oh boy...

If I had to choose one BAND, it would probably be Owl City. I just heard them for the first time recently, and I LOVE their happy-go-lucky-with-a-touch-of-somber-reality cleanliness. And I find the wordplay in their lyrics hilarious!

I'd also love to be able to listen to most of the music done by my two favorite singers, Brian Stokes Mitchell and Anthony Warlow (both musical/opera). I wouldn't mind being able to listen to Pavarotti (in English!) whenever I wanted to, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

From radio (or spotify) Opeth, The Mars Volta and one song from Nick Cave ( Where th wild roses grow).

I haven't seen that may bands live lately (since my conversion 2 years ago).. But these I would gladly pay to see right now:

Opeth (seen once)

Amorphis (seen a few times)

Ensiferum (seen a few times)

Faith no More

Behold... The Arctopus

Oh, boy...concerts...

here are the ones I've been to;

Alabama, Charlie Daniels, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Queensryche, Metallica, Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Motley Crue, Dokken, Ratt, Poison, The Kings Singers (the single best concert I've ever been to)

concerts I'd like to see

Eagles, Dream Theater, Toby Keith, The Kings Singers (yes the show was that good...), Simon and Garfunkel, Cinderella...

that's enough for now...

Oh, and Dream Theater is by far my favorite group ever...and I still haven't been to a live show of theirs yet....

Edited by RipplecutBuddha
parting thought

Guest xforeverxmetalx

I've had bad luck trying to get to Dream Theater... :( definitely something I really want to see, especially if they play Octavarium [yes the full 24mins]

also Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest... preferrably in a small stage rather than the ones they usually play, which are expensive and not up close and personal like most shows I go to.

Ensiferum, Equilibrium [both might happen next summer], oh also Megadeth [but hopefully going in Dec], Amon Amarth in a smaller setting than Wacken, Sonata Arctica [very special to me], Helloween, Children of Bodom, Turisas [seen them once but I want to see them again and again and again and...] Queensryche, and a whole lot more, I could go on for quite awhile longer :D