Meanest soccer player?

pam

As far as I'm concerned, Elizabeth Lambert is a frickin' idiot and should be permanently banned from the UNM soccer team. I was unable to get the video you posted Pam, but which one was it? Was it the one where she almost snapped the brunette's neck by yanking her to the ground by her pony-tail, or was it the blonde who got the one knuckle fist in the back? There was a number of things this girl did on the field that day that I can't see how they'd be tolerated.

I saw this on Fox news with Shep and again on O'Reilly. There is aggressive play and then there is out and out brutality. This was totally uncalled for. If I were the brunette I'd push for assault and battery charges to be filed. And the MWC should ban this girl for the rest of her college career. This type of crap needs to be stopped in its tracks.

The girl is a witch with a capital B....

As far as I'm concerned, Elizabeth Lambert is a frickin' idiot and should be permanently banned from the UNM soccer team. I was unable to get the video you posted Pam, but which one was it? Was it the one where she almost snapped the brunette's neck by yanking her to the ground by her pony-tail, or was it the blonde who got the one knuckle fist in the back? There was a number of things this girl did on the field that day that I can't see how they'd be tolerated.

The video Pam linked was a news report, so they showed clips of both of those.

How about the BYU player who elbowed her in the chest? An action taken against her?

I don't know, but I would doubt it. From the video, it didn't look like the blonde truly "elbowed" Lambert in the chest. It looked more like a typical jostling for the same air and space type of thing. The slamming of the fist into the blonde's back was much more aggressive, and was definitely not a proportional response.

Ouch!!!!!

I saw the New Mexico player on ESPN. It was during the MWC semifinals for conference championship. Totally uncalled for.

At the same time in the world of sports that allows the likes of Steve Howe, Daryll Strawberry, Artest, Ray Lewis and the list goes on and on to come back after bans or lifetime bands for some of them and the fact that her teams season is over it is a moot point.

My beef is where is Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame as a player? OK so he gambled as a manager. He was a player and deserves the Hall of Fame. :)

Ben Raines

Maybe its just more alarming because we don't usually see girls behave quite this extreme.

This is why I hated playing church basketball. Girls can be nasty. Used to come home with fingernail scratches up my arms.

BTW....does anyone know if this girl has a history of doing this? Or was this a one time deal?

Maybe its just more alarming because we don't usually see girls behave quite this extreme.

This is why I hated playing church basketball. Girls can be nasty. Used to come home with fingernail scratches up my arms.

BTW....does anyone know if this girl has a history of doing this? Or was this a one time deal?

She's just a rough and tough defender, who would've seen a red card after that pony-tail incident or the retaliation after the blond elbowed her -and that blond should have seen a yellow card at least for that- or a yellow after some of those tackles. But what happens on the field should stay on there. Talk about chargesl is nonsense. That would only ruin sport in the long run.

But yea, we usually don't see tough girl defenders being violent on TV. Heck they never show women sports unless something like this happens. On one channel here it was the play of the day!!

Just saw that ccn clip again.

Notice how the blonde elbows Lambert and then looks straight towards the linesman, obviously checking to see if she was caught or not! nice!

I'd say the ref was worse than Lambert! cause he didn't see much. He should have shown more yellows at least.

Edited by Charlyc

I don't know, but I would doubt it. From the video, it didn't look like the blonde truly "elbowed" Lambert in the chest. It looked more like a typical jostling for the same air and space type of thing. The slamming of the fist into the blonde's back was much more aggressive, and was definitely not a proportional response.

I don't know anything about soccer but usually in sports a foul is a foul, whether intentional or not. I would agree that it wasn't proportional but if ones being punished the other should as well.Obviously differently based on severity.

Then again I'm a hockey fan so seeing a "pest" getting put out by an "enforcer" doesn't phase me.

Well, dirty tricks are nothing new - they've been happening since the days of Cain. But Cain and everyone else except this girl were bright enough to drygulch their victims without being seen.

Professional wrestling specializes dirty moves that the audience can see but the ref can't. I wonder if she's gunning for a new line of work...

LM

Well, dirty tricks are nothing new - they've been happening since the days of Cain. But Cain and everyone else except this girl were bright enough to drygulch their victims without being seen.

Professional wrestling specializes dirty moves that the audience can see but the ref can't. I wonder if she's gunning for a new line of work...

LM

All she needs is Galoolie and a ball bat....