Swimming and Bathers

daenvgiell

Hidden

Posted Image

Something like this really puts you in control. When a group off teens decide to set up too close on the beach and their musics is too loud you walk up and stand over them, or toss your leg up on the arm rest of their chair, and they are happy to move further down the beach every time.

Hidden

Posted Image

Something like this really puts you in control. When a group off teens decide to set up too close on the beach and their musics is too loud you walk up and stand over them, or toss your leg up on the arm rest of their chair, and they are happy to move further down the beach every time.

Thank you, Hordak. I am now blind.

All I can say about speedos is:

EWWW EWWW EWWW!!!!!

To answer the question though I generally wear a one piece, however in the last few years, mostly since I got married so more like in the last 10 years I have been wearing a two piece type outfit that I feel is more modest than the one piece. What I wear is a tankini that is more like a tank top and a pair of boy shorts. The tank comes down past the top of the shorts so I can tuck them in, and the shorts cover up my hips and come down to a little above mid thigh. A while ago someone posted a link to some very modest swimsuits that I thought were actually pretty cute. I wouldn't mind having a swimsuit like one of those.

Whatever you choose is up to you. However I disagree and think it inappropriate to say it's okay when we have been counselled numerous times about modesty and the wearing of bikinis. Even at every YW function I have been associated with..they don't allow the girls to wear them.

Once again, I think this is an area that the Church is saying, "be wise and make your choice." Here is from the FSOY on dress standards:

Immodest clothing includes short shorts and skirts, tight clothing, shirts that do not cover the stomach, and other revealing attire. Young women should wear clothing that covers the shoulder and avoid clothing that is low-cut in the front or the back or revealing in any other manner. Young men should also maintain modesty in their appearance. All should avoid extremes in clothing, appearance, and hairstyle. Always be neat and clean and avoid being sloppy or inappropriately casual in dress, grooming, and manners. Ask yourself, “Would I feel comfortable with my appearance if I were in the Lord’s presence?”

I know that tankini's tend to be more modest than most bikinis. And some 1 piece suits are more revealing than some bikinis. So, understand the Lord's standards on modesty and make your own decision.

When it comes to what is proper and improper.

Before attending Ohio Sate University in Columbus I was at a small Christian college. Those that lived in the midwest said it was not proper to go to beaches or swimming pools. Those that had come from the coast went swimming all summer long. All belonged to the same church.

I wonder if there's any LDS wards where it's ok to have a drink on New Years Eve, which also happens to be my birthday:):):D

I wonder if there's any LDS wards where it's ok to have a drink on New Years Eve, which also happens to be my birthday:):):D

The thing about that is that the rules against alcohol are clear; it would be strictly wrong to have a drink. But there are no specific rules about bathing suits and it's sort of left up to your personal interpretation of modesty.

What do you see as appropriate bathers when you go swimming?

I've seen church members wearing just a bikini before, or bikini with board shorts... one piece with shorts, or just a one piece... But I haven't been swimming in so long and I was curious as to what other members wear when they go swimming.

I'm not personally sure what is appropriate or not but I know that we should probably stand in judgement of others and worry about what they are wearing. We should also probably name names.

I'm not personally sure what is appropriate or not but I know that we should probably stand in judgement of others and worry about what they are wearing. We should also probably name names.

If you go that far Snow, why not send their names and pictures to the First Presidency as well? :P

I swim with knee length board shorts. I used to swim with a shirt on but discontinued that after having my chest rubbed raw.

Dravin, if you still want to swim with a shirt, look for surfer shirts. They fit tighter to the body and of a material that resist the chafing problems. Discovered them when I was in Hawaii last year. About 1/2 the men there wear surfer shirts and many women do too.