Will you join my Social Action Inititative?

MarginOfError

Will you join MOE's Social Action Initiative?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join MOE's Social Action Initiative?

• Yes! I want to be part of MOE's Social Action Initiative
    • Shut up, MOE!

As some of you may be aware from the history of my posts, I am one who believes that mankind contributes to the global warming phenomenon. I want to start a new social action initiative with regards to global warming.

You see, I live in Cleveland, and it is about 22 degrees today, and won't be much warmer throughout the rest of the weekend while I'm back packing with my boy scouts. This just isn't acceptable.

So, I ask you, will you join my initiative to accelerate global warming so that I can be comfortable during the winter?

There's plenty you can do to help. Leave your car running at all hours of the day. Or leave a window in your house open, preferably one near your thermostat. There are thousands of things you can do to help. Please feel free to use this forum to share your ideas with others so that we can provide a warm and comfortable winter for all of the human race.

Firmly in the swing and mindset of this poll, I voted 'shut up', therefore, here are things I will not be doing:

* Cutting down the 30+ trees I've planted on my property over the years and burning them in a huge pit bonfire.

* Ripping out all the caulking and weatherstripping I've installed over the years to turn my house into a heat sink.

* Replacing the dozen or so CFL's I've been using for upwards of a decade, and returning to tallow candles.

* I will not stop considering solar and wind power, and I will not alter my decision to set up such a system when it becomes economically feasable to do so.

* My plans for a greenhouse will continue to have a geothermal heat pump as a natural heating system, instead of electric heat.

As a boobie-prize, I suppose I can offer you this: We'll continue to keep our big honkin' truck that gets 14 mpg highway. I wish I could afford to drive it more.

LM

HA!! I got you all beat. Right now I'm in Northern Alberta on a construction site, lots of deisel trucks running, for an Oil plant that will take the oil and surrounding sand out of the ground, pump millions of tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere, and possibly have a spill or 2. So far they have clearcut a forest for the plant, built 2 new camps/hotels on forrest land, and built a new road to access the plant. All the generator here are running 24/7 just to keep us warm in our little trailers and so that I can have the internet to tell you all about it.:D:D:D

ha!! I got you all beat. Right now i'm in northern alberta on a construction site, lots of deisel trucks running, for an oil plant that will take the oil and surrounding sand out of the ground, pump millions of tonnes of co2 into the atmosphere, and possibly have a spill or 2. So far they have clearcut a forest for the plant, built 2 new camps/hotels on forrest land, and built a new road to access the plant. All the generator here are running 24/7 just to keep us warm in our little trailers and so that i can have the internet to tell you all about it.:D:d:d

i love you

As some of you may be aware from the history of my posts, I am one who believes that mankind contributes to the global warming phenomenon. I want to start a new social action initiative with regards to global warming.

You see, I live in Cleveland, and it is about 22 degrees today, and won't be much warmer throughout the rest of the weekend while I'm back packing with my boy scouts. This just isn't acceptable.

So, I ask you, will you join my initiative to accelerate global warming so that I can be comfortable during the winter?

There's plenty you can do to help. Leave your car running at all hours of the day. Or leave a window in your house open, preferably one near your thermostat. There are thousands of things you can do to help. Please feel free to use this forum to share your ideas with others so that we can provide a warm and comfortable winter for all of the human race.

Everybody can mock global warming all they want; but the ozone "is" being depleted, and that is a fact; not imagination nor evolution.:)

Everybody can mock global warming all they want; but the ozone "is" being depleted, and that is a fact; not imagination nor evolution.:)

yes and back in the 80's Ted Danson said we had 10yrs to live and we survuved somehow....now we have Al Gore and his doomsday countdown...T minus 6yrs and counting

I think I will go and eat some ice cream....

Way to rain on the parade. This is a fun thread.

yes and back in the 80's Ted Danson said we had 10yrs to live and we survuved somehow....now we have Al Gore and his doomsday countdown...T minus 6yrs and counting

I think I will go and eat some ice cream....

Don't forget Hill-billy's prediction -- we only have until November of next year!!!

Being as I am in Idaho, I feel I understand. I agree completely. And since I love beef and it seems that livestock helps, I think we should have congress pass a law that every American citizen must own a cow or be relabeled as illegal and kicked out. And then they must send all their beef to me.

Guest mormonmusic

I dedicated a whole family evening to the benefits of burning fossil fuels, leaving lights on and leaving doors and windows open when the heat is on. We also identified four environmentally-unfriendly companies in which to invest our savings -- including Exxon.

Each family home evening, we've decided to spray ozone-consuming spray paints all over our lawn -- right after we chant our family mission statement.

We also sold our Toyota Prius and replaced it with a huge Cutlass that needs engine work.

MarginOfError, you complete me....:)

Edited by mormonmusic