• Dark Chocolate
    • Milk Chocolate
    • White 'Chocolate'
    • I don't like chocolate

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't. To date most of the dark chocolate I've have had is chili infused. Chuao Chocolatier makes an amazing dark chocolate bar called "Spicy Maya", it's infused with chilies and cinnamon. It's amazing. Lindt makes a chili infused bar but it is quite inferior.

I think we should start a petition to ban the person who voted "I don't like chocolate" for violation of rule #12, particularly the highlighted parts.

12. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Edited by Mahone

I have limits. The 50% - 60% cocoa level is perfect for me, at least at this point.

The trouble is, as time goes on it doesn't satisfy you and you go looking for harder and harder stuff until you find yourself dead to the world, curled up in a corner and chewing on raw cacao beans.

I used to be a huge white chocolate fan, but then my husband proposed to me with 15 lbs of white chocolate and I got sick of it. Over the last few years I have really fallen in love with milk chocolate. But it has to be quality stuff, like chocolate that you get from Germany or Austria (Aldi carries it). I have gotten to a point where I can enjoy dark chocolate but most of it is really just too dark for me. This really is a step up into the chocolate lovers ring as before I began to love milk chocolate I really didn't care too much for chocolate. I think the change happened one month when I found myself really craving chocolate and ended up searching the entire house for chocolate.

As it is though neither myself nor my husband eat a lot of chocolate. We keep a stack of German chocolate on top of the fridge and mostly use it for giving chocolate to visiting friends.

The trouble is, as time goes on it doesn't satisfy you and you go looking for harder and harder stuff until you find yourself dead to the world, curled up in a corner and chewing on raw cacao beans.

You know, earlier yesterday, I was presented with a piece of milk chocolate. Now I've been eating only dark chocolate for something like the past 10 days or so. Anyway, when I consumed the piece of milk chocolate (it even had hazelnuts), my first thought was, "This doesn't taste like chocolate." My second one was, "This doesn't taste like much of anything but sweet" and my third was,"Thank goodness I've got some dark chocolate in reach." I then promptly popped a piece of dark chocolate in my mouth.

Just a cautionary tale to those who aren't inclined to take Just_A_Guy seriously.