Banned members?

GDKT

I am new here, and while browsing many old topics I often see members who are banned. Now, being banned isn't a new concept to me--I've used many forums before this. But generally I associate bannings with obscenely offensive or rude behavior. All of the posts I have seen from these banned members have been very normal posts--many respectful and insightful ones. I'm aware that it's possible that at some later time, they did do something horrible... I guess I just find that hard to believe.

So what's the deal with all the banned members around here? Are people pulling a "Judas" after posting good things for a long time?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new here, and while browsing many old topics I often see members who are banned. Now, being banned isn't a new concept to me--I've used many forums before this. But generally I associate bannings with obscenely offensive or rude behavior. All of the posts I have seen from these banned members have been very normal posts--many respectful and insightful ones. I'm aware that it's possible that at some later time, they did do something horrible... I guess I just find that hard to believe.

So what's the deal with all the banned members around here? Are people pulling a "Judas" after posting good things for a long time?

Some of the more recent ones, it seems, had taken it upon themselves to call out the mods for "not doing their job," and liked to be vocal about it. In each instance, they were reminded that if they had a problem with the moderating team, they should take it up in private. Then the individuals would claim that their right to free speech was being violated. That usually results in the moderators exercising their right to free speech by pasting a BANNED notice next to the user's name.

The moderators here are fantastic. Play nice and they'll take care of you.

Maybe some of them broke the rules of "Not speaking against the LDS church" and eventurally did not relent and got the boot.

Actually, they broke the rules of "Not speaking against the licking cow" and eventually did not relent and got the boot. :P

there is really a quota the mods have to meet or we don't get paid. 3 infractions and 1 banning every three months. at the end of each quarter we just start making up reasons to ban ppl.

And actually, I'm a little low on my quota. Will anyone help me out and volunteer for an infraction or even a banning?

And actually, I'm a little low on my quota. Will anyone help me out and volunteer for an infraction or even a banning?

How about those without vowels in their name? ;)

Edit:

Might as well ban me, I just barely joined so my account isn't worth much, I'll just make a new one if someone needs it for the quota.

How convenient. :D

I love you Beefche. Have I told you how totally awesome you are lately? Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. Pam is my hero. (do I now have banned by my name??, I can't see) why doesn't my login/password work any more?? HEY!!!

Only lately? I've only been awesome lately????

A better question is, when the heck did this happen:

Posted Image

wow... she must have been part of a conspiracy with snow.

Hey that's not fair to do my little thing and turn it around on me. :P

Maybe some of them broke the rules of "Not speaking against the LDS church" and eventurally did not relent and got the boot.

As far as speaking against the church goes, I think its reasonable to allow people say,

"I disagree with the LDS gospel because ______."

There are people of other religions (or no religion) here, and we're not all going to have the same opinion. But we also have the right to say what we think-- as long as we do so in a grown-up way, without intention of picking on the mods, insulting people, or starting fights.