Anyone here going to "Rally to Restore Sanity" 10/30??

MarginOfError

Rally to Restore Sanity - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 9/16/2010 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

March to Keep Fear Alive - The Colbert Report - 9/16/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

While Jon Stewart wants to hold a restore sanity rally, Stephen Colbert will hold a march to keep fear alive. This seems to be the best of both worlds by respresenting both partisan positions.

Posted Image

John Stewart will be holding a Rally to Restore Sanity in Washington D.C. Steven Colbert will also hold a march to keep fear alive.

Glen Beck and the Tea Party had a rally. Time to hear from another side.

Stewart, Colbert: 'Rally To Restore Sanity' vs. 'March To Keep Fear Alive' (VIDEO)

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will march together on Washington.

Or against each other in Washington.

Either way, expect plenty of Comedy Central fans to show up on October 30 when Stewart's "Rally To Restore Sanity" will meet Colbert's "March To Keep Fear Alive" in the nation's capital.

The duo have been hinting at a major announcement for several episodes in a mock response to Glenn Beck's own "Restoring Honor" rally that was held this year on the anniversary of a famous Martin Luther King speech at the same monument. There's no indication that the announced get-together is a joke, though. Both comedians are telling their audiences to book hotel rooms now (though for different reasons, as you'll see).

"It'll be like being in a chat room," Stewart explained. "But real."

Stewart punctuated his announcement on the earlier program with a homemade-looking banner reading, "Take It Down A Notch For America."

Colbert followed up with an announcement on his own show, and insisted that he would "notch it up a scotch."

If I lived near DC, I probably would attend, but since I'm on the west coast, I can't afford the round trip airfare and other expenses right now. Besides, I have to be home the next day to pass out candy, as most children go trick-or-treating on Halloween, regardless of what day of the week it falls on. After all, our 4th of July fireworks took place on the 4th itself, even though it was a Sunday this year.