Why Men Aren't Allowed To Take Phone Messages

Bini

Here's a funny I thought I'd share. I think the wives here on the forums will especially get a chuckle out of this one, at least, I did.. Anyway it was printed out at work and left in the employee lounge. Bare in mind, where I work we're all women so maybe that's why we got a kick out of it. Hope it's not considered crude as it's not intended to be. Remove if needs be.

Reminds me of my time in the Airforce and we would send the new guy to CTK (the parts and tools storage) to get 100 feet of Flight line:D

Or in 7th Grade Science class (in the mid 1960's), going to the storage room for Elbow Grease.

Didn't work on me as my Grandmother had already pulled that one on me many years earlier.:tinfoil: Bless her pea picking heart.;)

Guest mirancs8

This was hilarious!

It reminds me of the time my mother's GPS wasn't working and she stopped at a building in town with a sign that said GPS Technology Center. She walked in and asked them if they could fix her GPS as it was not working. They looked at her odd and said, "um ma'am this is the Gilbert Public School Technology Center we don't fix GPS's."

She didn't realize the GPS stood for Gilbert Public Schools. Duh. I still pick on her about that day!

Hilarious!

Ok, my mother has a very thick Filipino accent. Our dialect does not have the long e sound. We only have the short i sound. So she goes to the dry cleaners and asks the lady... "Have you cleaned the bed sheets?" The look on the cleaning lady's face was precious!

Here's a funny I thought I'd share. I think the wives here on the forums will especially get a chuckle out of this one, at least, I did.. Anyway it was printed out at work and left in the employee lounge. Bare in mind, where I work we're all women so maybe that's why we got a kick out of it. Hope it's not considered crude as it's not intended to be. Remove if needs be.

I do not see why women think this is funny. They knew exactly what the message meant - the message was communicated. :D

The Traveler

This was hilarious!

It reminds me of the time my mother's GPS wasn't working and she stopped at a building in town with a sign that said GPS Technology Center. She walked in and asked them if they could fix her GPS as it was not working. They looked at her odd and said, "um ma'am this is the Gilbert Public School Technology Center we don't fix GPS's."

She didn't realize the GPS stood for Gilbert Public Schools. Duh. I still pick on her about that day!

Wish I could laugh at this TWICE! :lol:

My artsy, but not too intellectual, sister was having issues with her computer, back in the Windows 93 days. I was trying to trouble shoot by phone. Suddenly she couldn't get anything to work anymore. I told her, "You have a lot of windows open. It probably froze."

To which she responds, "Oh, I'm not surprised. It is cold in here."

Rep: Hello how can I help you?

Caller: My computer does not work.

Rep: What is it doing?

Caller: Nothing.

Rep: What is your computer screen showing?

Caller: Nothing.

Rep: What color is the screen?

Caller: Black

Rep: Is your computer turned on?

Caller: Yes the switch is on.

Rep: Hmmm – Is the computer plugged in?

Caller: I do not know.

Rep: Why?

Caller: I cannot see the plug.

Rep: Why can’t you see the plug?

Caller: Because the power is out.

This is a true story as well. I took a supervisor call:

Me: Thank you for holding..my name is pam..I'm the supervisor on the floor...how can I help you?

Guy: Yeh this guy just gave me his foodstamp card and there's nothing on it.

Me: I do apologize but I'm afraid there will be nothing I can do to assist you in this matter.

Guy: What? I gave the guy a bag of reefer for this card and you're telling me there is nothing you can do?

Me: Perhaps you might contact the local law enforcement agency and see if they are more sympathetic to your situation. Have a nice night.

Reminds me of when I worked at the Post Office:

Person: This isn't my money order but I'm just going to forge the signature on the back. *forges signature*

Me: *Giving a "for real?" look*

Or the numerous:

Person: Can you do this for me?

Me: No, it is against the regulations.

Person: Please? Cut me some slack man!

Me: It would be a Federal offense for me to do that for you.

Person: So?

Hilarious!

Ok, my mother has a very thick Filipino accent. Our dialect does not have the long e sound. We only have the short i sound. So she goes to the dry cleaners and asks the lady... "Have you cleaned the bed sheets?" The look on the cleaning lady's face was precious!

What happens when she's in a restaurant and asks the waiter for another fork?

Regards,

Pahoran

I once dealt with probably the most computer ignorant person on the planet....I mean seriously....the lady never should have owned a pc. I moved her old data to a new pc she just purchased. She was completely disabled as a computer user because the icons on her desktop were not in the same spot, the background wasn't exactly the same.....

This same lady once called up my coworkers saying she needed an "Apple virus" removed...from her Dell PC. He remoted into her computer and asked her to show him the "Apple Virus." She pulls up the New York Times. In the side-bar of the site, was a flash add with a spinning Apple Computer. He explained that it was an advertisment and yet she still demanded he get rid of it.

My coworker at the time told her he could do nothing to remove it. She exploded on him, demanding why he couldn't fix this virus when the other techs that helped her removed her other viruses.

He simply said "Ma'am, I can't help you because the New York Times doesn't let us change their website."

More funny things my Mom does...

My mom loves to sing. For a 70-year-old lady, she is pretty up-to-date with the songs. But her English is not very good, so she would sometimes misunderstand the lyrics to songs.

I remember when I was a little kid, my mom used to sing - Isabel love, but it's over now... (It Must've Been Love by Roxette) and ta-da-da-da da-da da-da, Injustice... (Can't Touch This by Mc Hammer).

These stories can be fun, but let's try and keep it famiily friendly as this is starting to border on profanity.

In case you were referring to my post: Pinoys (and Pinays) can't say the "F" sound; so when they say "fork" it comes out "pork." No profanity that I can see.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Pahoran