What are things you pray for that you probably shouldn't?

MarginOfError

This is supposed to be a fun thread. No judgmentality allowed. This thread whole-heartedly acknowledges the frailties of man and our temporal mindedness. With that--feel free to tell us what things you pray for even though you probably shouldn't pray for them.

First on my list

I pray that a couple of families in my ward will move away this summer.

This is supposed to be a fun thread. No judgmentality allowed. This thread whole-heartedly acknowledges the frailties of man and our temporal mindedness. With that--feel free to tell us what things you pray for even though you probably shouldn't pray for them.

First on my list

I've generally tried to get away for asking for things other than strength to live, and strength to be able to forsake my sins, and stability and safety for the country and family.

I rarely don't ask for much more than that, unless someone is having a difficult time with something then I try ot remember to pray for them.

I've generally tried to get away for asking for things other than strength to live, and strength to be able to forsake my sins, and stability and safety for the country and family.

I rarely don't ask for much more than that, unless someone is having a difficult time with something then I try ot remember to pray for them.

Party pooper

First on my list

Prayer is that which we do to draw our own desires and will to be in harmony with the L-rd's. (See LDS bible dictionary).

The Traveler

I pray for my marriage to get better and for us to survive as husband and wife....when deep down inside I feel that it is NOT His Will because we've both been praying really hard for 3-4 years and nothing has changed, only gotten worse. We've done all we can do and have turned it over to Heavenly Father long ago. Maybe I should change my prayers asking for strength to go ahead and take action to end the suffering and growing bitterness between us but I have this hang up about divorce. I feel He does not allow it but if we've done all we can do to make things better and Heaveny Father refuses to make things better what is a person to do? We want our lives, our happiness back and I know HF wishes us to be happy, but. ???? HF have mercy on us. :(

A little girl was running as fast as she could trying not to be late for school.

As she ran she prayed, “Dear Lord, please don’t let me be late! Dear Lord, please don’t let me be late!”

As she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and spilling the contents of her bag. She got up, gathered her things, brushed herself off, and started running again.

As she ran she once again began to pray, “Dear Lord, please don’t let me be late…But don’t shove me either.”

I used to work in a plastic mold injection factory. Imagine several machines, multiple tons and 20-40 feet in size operating at 500 degrees 24-7. The larger of them only 10-14 feet apart. It was a hot workplace, even in winter.

A press operator has to stand at the press and catch or remove the parts when the mold opens. And on one 12 hour shift, an operator looked like death on his feet...staring into space, slow to get the parts out of the press...we had an hour to go, and I didn't think he would make it. I was filling the supply of plastic for the press when I saw him jump like he'd been kicked, then he turned around, started waving his arms frantically, turned completely around again, then started shaking his head back and forth while still waving his arms.

I thought he was flipping out, but then I saw this very narrow stream of water come from the press behind him, which then widened out into two high-pressure streams that were soaking him to the bone.

The plastic has to be near 500 degrees to be fluid enough for injection. Once injected, the mold has cold water lines in it to shock the plastic back to a solid state for faster curing and removal. The water he was being drenched in was cooled to 34 degrees, just two degrees above freezing.

Both presses were shut down, and the water was shut off. Two high-pressure cold water lines had been rubbing up against the edge of a peice of sheetmetal, and had ruptured at the abrasion.

I looked at the operator who was standing in a daze, his jaw slack as he watched the action. I asked him if he was okay, and his reply changed my life.

"I was nearly asleep on my feet. The last thing I thought before the water got me was "Lord, will you please do something to help me wake up?"

First on my list

Crap! The Lord doesn't answer prayers!

Now I'm praying to be put into the bishopric! :D