Happy Birthday Prison Chaplain

pam

As a tremendous birthday present to myself, I stayed home sick. I really was sick, and spent much of the day getting some needed rest. Perhaps a sign of old age is that being able to stay in bed and rest was truly enjoyable. Hey...thanks for the happy-b-days folks. Next time you're in federal prison, in the seattle area, feel free to visit my church. :-)

Slam, I actually had an LDS fellow in my church once for about 3-months. The last day, he asked to testify, and I said "Sure." He said that he was LDS and believed Joseph Smith was a prophet and his church was true. Then he added that he really felt the Spirit in our chapel, and encouraged the others to learn from their chaplain. I took it as high compliment.

I awoke from my slumber about 6PM, and we ended up doing the equivalent of a Family Home Evening. Nice dinner, cake, Apples to Apples, and birthdday Dad giving a family blessings at the end. Really great stuff. I thought b/day 47 would be relatively mundane...but it's ended with a sweet spirit. This little string was kinda like the sprinkles on a frosted donut. Thanks again!