LDS tattoo ideas

RMGuy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see this forum is for tattoo ideas, not to preach to us saying we've been counciled not to do it. So much for having fun.

Who's preaching? You stated why you haven't gotten one, I stated why I haven't gotten one. I'm only responsible for myself. I stated my reasons that is all. You, yourself opened it up to reasons for not getting one. If you feel it's preaching, I find that your problem not mine.

So what's your idea of a tattoo then? You can dream of doing stuff but never doing it can't we? I feel like you've taken a fun topic and made it not so fun.

Thanks for your 2 cents of why you won't get one. It's a great reason don't get me wrong but to me it was you telling me that I'm wrong for thinking of doing it. Oh well, I guess I won't have the last word in a fun forum. Keyboard cowboys yee haw!!!!!!!!!!

I'd get the title of liberty across my back if I could. Now that would be a great statement to live with. Nothing fancy, just the words written in bold so others can understand why I serve in the military and what a great leader he was.

So what's your idea of a tattoo then? You can dream of doing stuff but never doing it can't we? I feel like you've taken a fun topic and made it not so fun.

Thanks for your 2 cents of why you won't get one. It's a great reason don't get me wrong but to me it was you telling me that I'm wrong for thinking of doing it. Oh well, I guess I won't have the last word in a fun forum. Keyboard cowboys yee haw!!!!!!!!!!

I'd get the title of liberty across my back if I could. Now that would be a great statement to live with. Nothing fancy, just the words written in bold so others can understand why I serve in the military and what a great leader he was.

And if you looked at the beginning of this thread, you will see where I threw out some ideas for LDS tattoos. It was not until you mentioned why you haven't gotten one I threw out why I haven't gotten one. If you felt that I was preaching and taking away the fun, you could have just read my comment, rolled your eyes and moved on. Instead you brought up about the fun being taken away.

BTW, Title of Liberty would be an awesome tattoo.

Guest tbaird22

As being a military member we've been given permission to do so. My rules are different than yours as a civilian. I have a little red book that says I can if I choose to but so far I've stuck to the rule that this isn't my body so why would I trash something that isn't mine?

wait.. lds members of the millitary are allowed to get tattoos? like permission from the church and everything?

Yes but not huge ones with naked girls or guys on them.

I'll get the book from home and type in what it says for service members. It mostly states that you can get your SSN put on you and blood type.

Not sure I would want my SSN on my bosy, a rapist could then become a identity theif! Ok, or a person looking at me while at the beach could steal mmy identity, too. But I can see the reason for it. Isn't there some other military number or something that could be used instead?

Nope that's our service number. I don't plan on being rapped or going to the beach and taking my top off, I'm not cut enough hehe. Dogtags are still mandatory when deployed but this would be a second set of numbers to verify. Plus the blood type is needed just in case you need a transfusion while unconsious.

Wow, this went from ironic joke to serious. While I would never get a Tattoo (for more reasons than church counsel), back in my rebellious years I did have 2 piercings, I guess I wasn't that rebellious, I went with piercings specifically because I could chose to remove it later.

The only one I have ever considered was one I heard a nurse got after working in the ER and seeing people placed on life support that should not have been, as they were already old or had no brain waves etc, and had even told their family never to do that, but that was written down in a statement that could be produced in time and the workers were mandated to go ahead with life support,

which drained the family finances, and then created guilt and arguments in the family about

"pulling the plug" ! I heard that the nurse had one of directions "no heroic life support measures" or something like that. --- yikes! (but what if your spirit is off in NDE talking to God?)

• 7 months later...

The only one I have ever considered was one I heard a nurse got after working in the ER anI heard that the nurse had one of directions "no heroic life support measures" or something like that. --- yikes! (but what if your spirit is off in NDE talking to God?)

Then it's His decision whether and how your life will be supported.

Personally, I've always considered the advice I got from a friend a long time ago to be pretty good. The only things worth getting tattooed on are your blood relatives, (you're stuck with them for this life) dead people, (they don't usually do anything that would change your opinion of them) military service, (another one of those things that would be with you forever in a sense) and useful information. (Like the SSN, medical instructions, etc., though I'd tend to put any of these in the least visible place where they'd still be easily spotted in a situation where they'd be needed; SSN probably somewhere just below the waistband, drug allergies high on an arm, and so on.)

I might include a bit of scripture that one actually needs as useful information, since it could serve as a really good lifelong reminder of something that one could benefit greatly from. Having had some anger issues that occasionally pop up when I thought they were gone, I've thought about Colossians 3:8 or Proverbs 16:32 somewhere I'd have to see it every day at least in the shower.

A white CTR on my right ring finger OR the title of Liberty (white also) on the inside of my wrist.

I really do not like the look of tattoos. Especially as people age. I worked in a nursing home and not one resident with a tattoo, whom I took care of, didn't apologize for their tattoo and express regret in getting it. I realize there are people who probably feel differently, but it really caught my attention that none of those I took care of still wanted their tattoos.

A white CTR on my right ring finger OR the title of Liberty (white also) on the inside of my wrist.

I really do not like the look of tattoos. Especially as people age. I worked in a nursing home and not one resident with a tattoo, whom I took care of, didn't apologize for their tattoo and express regret in getting it. I realize there are people who probably feel differently, but it really caught my attention that none of those I took care of still wanted their tattoos.

Ha, back home in California one of the missionaries I used to play basketball with purchased a tattoo of the CTR shield, while on his mission, specifying it was his way of saying to the Lord, "I am coming unto you and truly changing my life."

Now, what type of Mormon tattoo, I am going to be cheesy and say a tattoo of the San Diego Temple, I am sorry to anyone else who disagrees, the most beautiful temple of all the temples built thus far.