Two missionaries killed in Texas

annewandering

Oh gosh, how tragic! We actually have a missionary coming home from Austin, TX in a few days, so I bet this was a heart-dropping headline for his family! He wasn't one of the ones killed, thankfully, but one of the missionaries currently serving in my ward is from Huntsville, AL, which is where the injured missionary is from.

I hope they find the person responsible. It's bad enough to be killed in such a tragic way, but to have the person responsible just walk away... Ugh.

Seems there are more and more accidents with missionaries. Sad. Thoughts and prayers with all three families.

It seems that way, but I have to think that the death rate for missionaries is significantly lower than for others in that age group. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better in the face of sending my son out in the next few months.

Maybe we just have better access to news?

I thought of that, too, howeverit seems more than that. I don't know why this is happening, seems the missionaries are following the rules, seems to be "the other people's" fault. Perhaps there are just more missionaries in the field and so the chances of accidents is greater.

Vort, I know you know this, but should anything happen to your missionary, he will be blessed more than we can even imagin. Of course, chances are he will be fine. (Sorry I assume you are sending a son, but my appoligies if it is your daughter.)

Suspect arrested in hit-and-run that killed LDS missionaries | The Salt Lake Tribune

The driver has been apprehended.

Thank Heavenly Father the third victim has been treated and released...

This is from the above article and is heartbreaking to me... what a wonderful young man. tragic loss.

"Trevor Strong was reportedly just two weeks away from completing his mission, which he had earlier extended by four weeks at his request. "There were people he was working with [that] he wanted to see through," said Strong’s bishop, Lowell Caldwell."

Trevor Strong was reportedly just two weeks away from completing his mission, which he had earlier extended by four weeks at his request. There were people he was working with [that] he wanted to see through

I believe that is what you call a "calling election made sure."

How terrible. I always worry about my elder on his bike - people dislike Mormons so, I wouldn't be surprised if some people aimed for the guys on bikes on purpose. How awfully sad.

In this case it was involving passing another car and probably not seeing the missionaries well in the time between light and full dark. Just my guess but it does seem likely.