Serious question: Male or female?

Vort

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivia question: Who was the only person to play Captain Kirk in the original '60s Star Trek series other than William Shatner?

According to Memory alpha Sandra Smith

Posted Image

Episode is Turnabout Intruder Season 3 79th episode produced

Edited by Saldrin

According to Memory alpha Sandra Smith

Posted Image

Episode is Turnabout Intruder Season 3 79th episode produced

The Winnah!!!!!!

A third-season show, but amazingly enough, one of the better episodes, despite that fact.

Vort, when you used to use this picture as your avatar (smaller picture), I always thought of that face as male, but looking at the bigger picture, this person looks female. So it really depends on the size of the picture for me. :)

M.

Posted Image

Make whatever humorous or snarky comments you want, but let the first word of your reply be an honest "male" or "female" judgment on the sex of the person pictured above.

By head size, I would say Male, but by eye size, I would say female. The absence of makeup and those ugly clothes; it hasta be a guy. But then with those lips, gosh female. We find it imposible to tell. However, if this was video, we would know in 3.2 seconds.

After what I have seen, I totally reject the binary construct.

Halldóra Sigrún Ásgeirsdóttir (last name is Icelandic for "Asgeir's daughter") is obviously female. I found her picture years ago by doing a Google image search for something like "big puppy dog eyes", and I chose it for my avatar as a joke and an experiment. The joke was that she represented my "true self", as opposed to the humorous but seemingly intimidating wannabe gangster guy I had been using:

Posted Image

The experiment was to see if people would react differently to me if my avatar were a beautiful and non-threatening young woman instead of Gangster Guy. (And yes, people reacted very differently to me based on my avatar. Very interesting.)

To those of you who think the lovely Halldora is a guy or a transsexual or a transvestite or something else along those lines, I kindly suggest a visit to your ophthalmologist or psychiatrist, whichever is most appropriate.

Very interesting.

Interesting but not particularly surprising considering an avatar is the (rather limited) functional equivalent of clothes for a forum. Though the way people react can be surprising. Well sometimes, I've been asked, "What the heck is that?" Not very surprising as it's not immediately obvious.

Interesting but not particularly surprising considering an avatar is the (rather limited) functional equivalent of clothes for a forum. Though the way people react can be surprising. Well sometimes, I've been asked, "What the heck is that?" Not very surprising as it's not immediately obvious.

Agreed, it is not obvious. So what the heck is that?

So it's a large blue foam guy shooting at a small blue foam reindeer?

It's supposed to be a moose but an artist I am not, but you've got the gist of it. It's a mission picture, the portion of a fellow you can see in the photo was my companion. We were in for lunch and I finished eating before he did and so I amused myself for a bit. I even have shots from different angles.

The things you'll take pictures of when you have a digital camera...

Though that shot isn't my favorite amusing myself moment. That'd be this image:

Posted Image

Edited by Dravin