The Pressing Argument: How Do We Wear Our CTR Rings?

daplautz

My friend and I have been in a bit of a disagreement. I want to know what you think. I wear my CTR ring facing me so I can read it and it reminds me to choose the right. He wears his ring facing away, saying that he knows he should choose the right; it faces the other way so other people know what to do. Both seem like valid arguments. What do you think?

My friend and I have been in a bit of a disagreement. I want to know what you think. I wear my CTR ring facing me so I can read it and it reminds me to choose the right. He wears his ring facing away, saying that he knows he should choose the right; it faces the other way so other people know what to do. Both seem like valid arguments. What do you think?

I wear only a wedding band for jewelry, but when I "look" at the face of it, I sort of make a fist and turn it toward me. Thus, "right-side up" for me is the same as "right-side up" for others. So I imagine I would wear it like that.

I face mine (when I wear it) out (right side up to others). I know what my jewelry looks like and it can be a reminder no matter the direction. Jewelry is intended for those looking at you. For example a necklace, when you pick it up and look down at it then it's upside down for you, it's intended to make you look nicer to those looking at you. Bracelets (that have a top and bottom) are the same way. Choosing the right is part of who I am. If I need a reminder I have a wedding band to remind me of covenants, I also have may garments. I wore mine this way before I had other reminders of my covenants as well. I don't "need" a ctr ring to be a reminder. I wear mine like other jewelry as something to make me look nicer, it's also a great conversation starter. If being used to share the gospel then it should be "right" to those looking at you.

All that said lol it is my personal preference. I agree there is no right or wrong way to wear it, just like there is no "proper" finger to wear it on. It's about what you like in jewelry. If you do need it as a reminder (struggling with a bad habit or something) then I would say turn it for you.

I face mine (when I wear it) out (right side up to others). I know what my jewelry looks like and it can be a reminder no matter the direction. Jewelry is intended for those looking at you. For example a necklace, when you pick it up and look down at it then it's upside down for you, it's intended to make you look nicer to those looking at you. Bracelets (that have a top and bottom) are the same way. Choosing the right is part of who I am. If I need a reminder I have a wedding band to remind me of covenants, I also have may garments. I wore mine this way before I had other reminders of my covenants as well. I don't "need" a ctr ring to be a reminder. I wear mine like other jewelry as something to make me look nicer, it's also a great conversation starter. If being used to share the gospel then it should be "right" to those looking at you.

I was actually thinking the exact opposite: I wear jewelry for me. I do it to dress myself up and look nicer, because I like to. I wear a CTR ring because I like to and want to, not to show off to anyone else.

Actually I think the idea of wearing my jewelry as a reminder to others is somewhat sanctimonious, and certainly presumptuous.

I was actually thinking the exact opposite: I wear jewelry for me. I do it to dress myself up and look nicer, because I like to. I wear a CTR ring because I like to and want to, not to show off to anyone else.

Actually I think the idea of wearing my jewelry as a reminder to others is somewhat sanctimonious, and certainly presumptuous.

I'm not talking about wearing it as a reminder to others. I don't pick out what I wear for others (I also choose to look nice for me) but I do think it should look nice (be presentable) to others. Knowing I'm presentable is part of what makes me feel good about dressing up/looking nice. Who doesn't enjoy having someone say "I really like that necklace you are wearing"? If they look at me and see it may say something they shouldn't have to turn their head crazy to see what it is. They should be able to quickly say "CTR? what does that mean?" Can be a great missionary tool.