What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Just saw 'The Saratov Approach' on YouTube (watch it before YT makes them take it down). Wow. I thought it was going to be another so-so Mormon movie, but it kept my attention throughout. The music is fantastic, again, much better than the usual LDS movie. These guy dealt with a lot. What a terrible situation to be in, but they have a lot to be proud of, as do the parents.

Only con - I thought the actors playing the missionaries looked way older than 20. It might have been an even more moving picture to see these young men deal with their predicament and being so young, with their youth showing in their faces.

Excellent film. And yeah, the eyes are a little misty. Shoot me for having a special place for missionaries..

Just saw 'The Saratov Approach' on YouTube (watch it before YT makes them take it down). Wow. I thought it was going to be another so-so Mormon movie, but it kept my attention throughout. The music is fantastic, again, much better than the usual LDS movie. These guy dealt with a lot. What a terrible situation to be in, but they have a lot to be proud of, as do the parents.

Only con - I thought the actors playing the missionaries looked way older than 20. It might have been an even more moving picture to see these young men deal with their predicament and being so young, with their youth showing in their faces.

Excellent film. And yeah, the eyes are a little misty. Shoot me for having a special place for missionaries..

I helped to write a review on this movie.  I love it.  I agree that the actors that played the Elders were too old looking.  That was my one con.

http://lds.net/blog/buzz/entertainment/pop-culture/the-saratov-approach/

I fell in love with Nikita.  

Since I was on a roll, I watched 'Ephraim's Rescue' as well. Enjoyed that one as well, though it was of a different type than the missionary  movie, and a bit more in the typical Mormon movie style.

I am going to see if I can find '17 Miracles' online as well, but maybe I will make it my reward for after I finish this article I'm working on.

In terms of Ephraim's abilities, do people take them as fact, such as raising a 'dead' woman after 2 hours, or as interesting stories to create a legend?  I found Ephraim's and Thomas' graves on 'find-a-grave.'  There's a lot of info on both sites and some pictures.

Since I was on a roll, I watched 'Ephraim's Rescue' as well. Enjoyed that one as well, though it was of a different type than the missionary  movie, and a bit more in the typical Mormon movie style.

I am going to see if I can find '17 Miracles' online as well, but maybe I will make it my reward for after I finish this article I'm working on.

In terms of Ephraim's abilities, do people take them as fact, such as raising a 'dead' woman after 2 hours, or as interesting stories to create a legend?  I found Ephraim's and Thomas' graves on 'find-a-grave.'  There's a lot of info on both sites and some pictures.

I love Ephraim's Rescue and 17 Miracles.  Pam had tickets to Ephraim's Rescue and she and I saw it together.  Wonderful movie.  Then, Pam found out I had never watched 17 Miracles, and sent me a copy.  Thank you, Pam!

As far as Ephraim's abilities, I tend to  believe in the miracle and I don't think it's a legend.  That doesn't mean I believe that everything that has ever been attributed to a miracle is actually a miracle.

University of Sing Sing

Brought to you by that LDS guy who brought to you Napoleon Dynamite.

Interesting documentary about the college program in Sing Sing prison.  Not sure how I feel about the college program just yet.  I need to research it some more and see more stats of the lives of the "graduates".

Kinda slow in places and seriously, the human had to be told where the safety was but the apes used the weapons like they were Army Rangers.

That is the point of the whole franchise, isn't it?  That apes became smarter than the humans?

Yeeeeeeah.....but, that was some hyper paced learning. I thought the point is that the apes end up making the same mistakes as the humans.

Well, yes.  That too.  And that was also shown in the movie.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic