What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

For a film based on a true story, other than the hijacking there isn't much truth to the story!  Been a rash of films lately paying lip service to the actually facts there suppose to be based upon.

Same as Million Dollar Arm... the left-pitching recruit was portrayed as a javelin thrower while the right-pitching one as a truck driver for his dad's truck driving business.  In real life, the left-pitching recruit is the son of the truck driver and both recruits are javelin throwers... i don't know what makes screen writers change things around... i guess they couldn't find anything interesting about the right-handed pitcher's background...

For a film based on a true story, other than the hijacking there isn't much truth to the story!  Been a rash of films lately paying lip service to the actually facts there suppose to be based upon.

I tend to take any "based on true events" stories with a heap of salt as a matter of course, they're entertainment not documentaries. Not that some of the seemingly pointless changes don't bug me as much as the next man, I just don't feel so cheated when a fiction movie turns out to be more fiction than true events.

XMen: Days of Future Past

Bryan Singer movies are solidly my favorite movies. This was no exception.

Tip: the bonus scene is all the way to the very end.... And it's a teaser for the next XMen movie slotted for May 2016 release... Another Bryan Singer offering. Yeay. But, they signed on Channing Tatum as Gambit. That will seriously ruin the movie for me that not even Singer can save it... Gambit is my all time favorite XMan... and Channing cannot hold that character.

X-Men Days of Future Past.

I missed the one where they introduced the new "young" cast...

So this was really exciting to me :)

I wonder if the old cast is sad about passing the torch, or just kind of grateful?

Apparently time travel is a theme... Next weekend it's The Edge of Tomorrow

(Live, die, repeat... A Groundhog Day style movie with Tom Cruise fighting aliens. Awesome!)

Q

Chef - awesome movie. Rated R for some F-bombs.

Good to know.  That would be a reason I wouldn't watch this movie.  I can't stand a movie that feels they have to drop the F-bomb through it.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic