Temple Civil Marriages

Anddenex

A friend of mine was married "for time" to her current husband in the temple. But that was about 18 years ago..so I don't know what the current policy is.

Civil temple marriages are still current and are still an option today.

Requirement, both members must have been already married in temple, and both have deceased spouses.

There are other requirements and stipulations but this is the main one. I just read it in CHoI, book 1. I have never heard of this before...yet, I discover here others knew. :)

Requirement, both members must have been already married in temple, and both have deceased spouses.

There are other requirements and stipulations but this is the main one. I just read it in CHoI, book 1. I have never heard of this before...yet, I discover here others knew. :)

Interesting. I just tried to last year they wouldn't let me. They said they didn't do it anymore. But I have not been married in the temple before so maybe that's why (which they knew when I asked).

Interesting. I just tried to last year they wouldn't let me. They said they didn't do it anymore. But I have not been married in the temple before so maybe that's why (which they knew when I asked).

If you have access to the Church Handbook of Instructions, book 1, read section 3.5.2. There are four requirements that must be met in order for a couple to be civilly married in the temple.

I have found no supporting evidence that this has been canceled unless someone here has received a message from the First Presidency declaring this is no longer valid which would have been sent to the bishops and stake presidents of the Church.

Anybody know of this?

I knew it, and I knew the requirements as well. The CHI book 1 is available online if you Google it.

You must have been previously sealed in the temple, to a now-deceased spouse in order to qualify for a time-only temple civil marriage.

The earliest I can recall knowing it was an option was when I was reading Book 1 as a missionary in Ukraine. That was the 1998 version. I don't expect this option will ever disappear unless the government stops recognizing marriages performed in the temple.

In my sister-in-law's case, she was the only one who had previously been sealed. Her second husband had never been married before. That was about 14 years ago, so the policy may have changed since then, that now requires both spouses need to have been previously sealed.

It depends on what country you live in - in the uk civil marriages can only take places where "joe public" can attend. As a result all members have a church service and then go the temple, and in France they have to get married in a registry office, then most choose to have a church service and then a temple sealing.

Well catch up with us here. :lol:

I knew that the Church used to do "time-only" temple marriages; but I thought they had stopped doing that about 5-10 years ago.

From the hand-out schedule at the Portland temple, under Living Ordinances:

Please call to schedule an appointment for a Living Endowment, a Licensed Marriage, a Sealing after Civil Marriage, a Marriage for Time Only, or a Child-to-Parent Sealing.

It depends on what country you live in - in the uk civil marriages can only take places where "joe public" can attend. As a result all members have a church service and then go the temple, and in France they have to get married in a registry office, then most choose to have a church service and then a temple sealing.

Yep. I've always said that if you see a procession of 8 or 9 cars speeding down the M6 in the direction of the preston temple at 80MPH on a Saturday afternoon, you're probably looking at a typical mormon wedding day in the northern half of the UK. I've attended many of these weddings, and that last minute dash to the temple really ruins the day for everyone, let alone the bride and groom.

Luckily, I got married abroad, so didn't have to go through all of that.

Edited by Mahone

• 6 months later...
Guest WABLEACERGE
Hidden

Скачать автоспутник для андроид Скачать:

4gh.jpg

----------

Во Франции, все разрешено, даже если законом запрещено. Эта деятельность протекает последовательно, т. l one и миша крупин ахуенски скачать Хорошая озвучка, класное муз. doodle jump под водой скачать Спокойно сидя на лошади, она заодно и подогревала свой гнев.