How often do you pay tithing?

ChronoTrigger

When one pays shouldn't really be the question, though I will say it is easier to spend on other things if you don't pay it soon after it hits your wallet!

Generally I tithe on a quarterly basis using rough calculations of what my actual income that quarter was with the exception of a "random guess" payment in August.

I rarely pay any tithes or any other church donations between Sept 1 & January 1 because my tax year ends September 1. I find it easier for my tax records if my Tithing/Donation Statement for the year states what was paid during my tax year, so I hold those donations & make them in January.

Once in a while I'll get a payment after Sept 1 that was actually credited or recorded before (plus the payments that the law permits me to choose which year I record it), so I will tithe those incomes immediately if they are going into "old year" books.

After I get my taxes done for the fiscal year I shrug off tithing over-payments or make a payment if it turns out I under paid tithing.

Some question if I can sit down with the Bishop in December & honestly say "Yes" when asked if this is a full tithe. Yes, I can and do.

Business operators, farmers, etc don't have the luxury of a regular paycheck or having a check stub to reference for their income amount. Their "income" isn't cut & dried ... well, maybe it is cut & dried in the case of Hay. I got record dollars for my annual haylage crop this year but also paid record process for the seed & fertilizer & near record for diesel. So it was good thing that drought & high demand drove up the hay price a bit.

I generally pay Fast Offerings in 1 or 2 lump payments too, generally early in the calendar year.

Twice a month with my paychecks. Then since I forget sometimes, I write an end of the year check to make up whatever I forgot.

As a side note. I also pay my full year fast offerings in January so the bishop has the funds (at least from me) available immediately. Then I pay more during the year as prompted.

Every month? Once or twice a year? Every bi weekly paycheck? What's your tithing system? I like to go once a month, but sometimes every 2 weeks when I get paid.

I do not pay tithing, but I put $10-$20 in the offering plate on Sundays depending on how much the "Charity of the Month" tugs my heart strings.

We pay our tithing as soon as we get home from depositing money in the bank. Or as soon as something an electronic deposit becomes available.

Its easy to spend the money if you wait.

I am with you on this approach. As soon as I am paid, it's the first thing that gets paid. For me, that money simply just does not exist in my budget. Also, the counsel I've always heard is to pay tithing first. Makes sense to me. Why should I keep the Lord waiting when I wouldn't keep my landlord, utility companies, etc. waiting?

Twice a month with my paychecks. Then since I forget sometimes, I write an end of the year check to make up whatever I forgot.

As a side note. I also pay my full year fast offerings in January so the bishop has the funds (at least from me) available immediately. Then I pay more during the year as prompted.

Excess funds go to the stake center. In fact I think all fast offerings go directly to the stake after every deposit. Then when the bishop uses fast offering funds the stake will take it out of the fast offering budget.