Have you ever (HYE)...

Dr T

Guest MormonGator

Nope. I'd like to think I'm a fairly brave guy (I'm sure everyone says that) but that's not on my bucket list. 

Have you ever handled a ball python or snake of any kind? I have. Love em. 

Nope. I'd like to think I'm a fairly brave guy (I'm sure everyone says that) but that's not on my bucket list. 

Have you ever handled a ball python or snake of any kind? I have. Love em.

No, and have no interest to, even though I enjoy animals.

Have you ever laughed at something serious that wasn't meant to be funny?

Maybe. Does being sprayed by a skunk count? I had an encounter collecting eggs in the chicken coop as a child, less than pleasant.

Have you ever dated someone only to find out later that you're cousins?

Nope. I've never had the opportunity to live nearby cousins but I'm glad I've never been in that situation! Awkward...

Have you ever eaten something blind folded, not knowing what it is?

On this thread, please do not just yes or no answers.  Please answer in a way we get to know you better and then ask another HYE question.

Have you ever jumped out of an airplane?  

Yes.  Without a parachute, even.  Fortunately it was parked at the time.

Have you ever dated someone only to find out later that you're cousins?

Never been more thankful that I hadn't kissed my date good night.

Have you ever driven 100+ miles to a "Sunday dress" activity only to realize you left the good shoes at home and only have the pair of gray sneakers you wore for the drive?

Thank you NightSG.  I like that you answerd my OP and it was fun reading about you in your answers.  The intension is to answer the person just below the last post.  For example, Yes, I have eaten things with my eyes closed not knowing what it is.  My children and I often do that and I have always given them things they I thoughts they would enjoy eating.  I build my trust with them that way.

HYE found $20 in a coat pocket?

Guest MormonGator

Have you ever grabbed someone thinking it was someone else?

Sort of.  

I was at a rest stop in Route 95 in rural North Carolina. My wife had gone into the rest room and I was on the outside waiting. It was about three in the morning. When "she" came out, I surprised her by going "Boo!" 

it wasn't my wife. The shriek was so loud that I can still hear it to this day. 

Yes, I have! And it's always such a nice and welcomed surprise :D

WORSE!  I came back from making an order at Burger King, went to the table, bent down, and starting reciting the order to my 10 year old daughter, to make sure it was right.  About 30 seconds into this I look closer, and realize it's a 16-ish girl, in a BK uniform (probably on a break).  My daughter is in the next booth over snickering like crazy!

HYE been alone somewhere, and no one spoke English, and you didn't speak the local language?

MormonGator: How convenient that the poor woman had just used the restroom, or else your error could have been very messy.

HYE been alone somewhere, and no one spoke English, and you didn't speak the local language?

Yes, my first visit to Priesthood when I was an investigator.  And I'm still deciphering LDS abbreviations and discovering that I mispronounce many Mormon things... most recently, I discovered that I was mispronouncing "Mia Maids" like Mia Love's first name.

HYE shaken hands with a current or former U.S. President?  (I once sat at Ronald Reagan's desk on Air Force One, but I never saw the Gipper in person.)

Guest MormonGator

HYE shaken hands with a current or former U.S. President?  (I once sat at Ronald Reagan's desk on Air Force One, but I never saw the Gipper in person.)

Yes, George W Bush when he was campaigning in New Hampshire. I was in college at the time and a group of us went to a function where he was at. This was in 2000. 

Have you ever been the recipient of a super good deed? I had someone pay for my breakfast a diner once. It made my day. 

Edited by MormonGator

Have you ever posted something, then regretted it, then tried to change it but it made it worse, then posted something else to explain your posting, only it was like three times as bad as what you originally posted, then you tried to disclaim what you posted but everyone already read it and now you're stuck with it?

Yeah. Me neither.

I cannot think of any times I have done this too badly.  But I have a friend named Mr. K. who was a closeted gay man that worked for a fairly large company.  One day Mr. K. got an email from a coworker asking for a recommendation for a good dentist.  Mr. K. replied with rich, juicy details about his own dentist, using terms such as "super hunky," "hot," and other things that I cannot possibly mention here.

After Mr. K. sent his email, he discovered to his utter horror that his coworker had actually sent the original email to the entire company, and Mr. K. had done a "reply all."  That's why I said above that he "was" a closeted gay man.

HYE gone to some remote place and bumped into someone that you knew?

HYE gone to some remote place and bumped into someone that you knew?

Creepily often; first I can remember was in a mall in Dallas, running into a girl I knew from Stephenville that had moved away years before.

Then a friend's brother delivered a pizza I'd ordered at a party 150 miles from where we'd lived last time I saw him.

Then I ran into an ex girlfriend's ex husband (from after we'd dated) in the same area.

How I met my very first real girlfriend; from behind she looked a lot like the girl I had a major crush on at the time.  Should have kept her; she's still just as cute as she was 25 years ago.

Have you ever been the recipient of a super good deed? I had someone pay for my breakfast a diner once. It made my day. 

The post above mine doesn't seem to have a question for continuity, but this one also appears to have been left unanswered thus far.

As a missionary in Utah I frequently had meals paid for. As far as being the recipient of a super good deed, I really appreciate that my parents changed my diapers as required, I was entirely helpless to do anything about it myself. Although I've also enjoyed others they don't come to mind right now.

Have you ever missed work on account of back pain?

The post above mine doesn't seem to have a question for continuity, but this one also appears to have been left unanswered thus far.

As a missionary in Utah I frequently had meals paid for. As far as being the recipient of a super good deed, I really appreciate that my parents changed my diapers as required, I was entirely helpless to do anything about it myself. Although I've also enjoyed others they don't come to mind right now.

Have you ever missed work on account of back pain?

Yes I have on multiple occasions but ever since I found this Chiropractor I have not missed work due to back pain in several years.

Have you ever gone to the bank to make a deposit or another transaction and waited in line only to discover while talking to teller you were at the wrong bank ???

Sort of, I once put a quart of milk in the microwave instead of the fridge. It was in there overnight. The kids got no cereal that morning.

Have you ever placed an item into a safe location for safe keeping, only to lose it there for an extended period of time?

Have you ever posted something, then regretted it, then tried to change it but it made it worse, then posted something else to explain your posting, only it was like three times as bad as what you originally posted, then you tried to disclaim what you posted but everyone already read it and now you're stuck with it?

No.      :itwasntme:

Edit: Oh...I guess I'm supposed to add my own. Um...

Have you ever sobbed uncontrollably at a Pixar movie? In the theater surrounded by people even?

Stupid UP. 

Edited by The Folk Prophet

Have you ever sobbed uncontrollably at a Pixar movie? In the theater surrounded by people even?

Stupid UP. 

Best love story ever told in eight minutes without any words.

Have you ever gone to the bathroom and forgotten what you were in there for, only to have the need hit again just as you get out the door?

Have you ever gone to the bathroom and forgotten what you were in there for, only to have the need hit again just as you get out the door?

Well... no, actually.  But I have opened the refrigerator and forgot what I wanted to fetch, and then remembered just as I was closing the door. 

Have you ever said something awkward or embarrassing about another person, and then discovered that that person was standing right next to you?