Kate Kelly, ashamed, openly admits the Church's actions have actually helped her

Vort

Doesn't the mention of Hitler automatically end the thread?

Funny. I was going to reply to this thread (below) by saying, "Didn't Hitler genuinely believe what he said too?" and then thought...no....Reductio ad Hitlerum. :D

I think she genuinely believes what she says. Sure she likes the publicity though. 

The LDS version is to compare something to Satan's plan.

The Satan's plan doesn't quite work in this case, because I think that we generally believe that Satan knows darned well that he is evil, deceitful, trying to destroy, maim and hurt, and if and when he justifies himself, he's intentionally lying to destroy, maim and hurt. He knows he's wrong. He just doesn't care.

Of course we only presume that isn't also true of Hitler. But as most people tend to think they're honestly justified and in the right...(a la Kate Kelly)....

The Satan's plan doesn't quite work in this case, because I think that we generally believe that Satan knows darned well that he is evil, deceitful, trying to destroy, maim and hurt, and if and when he justifies himself, he's intentionally lying to destroy, maim and hurt. He knows he's wrong. He just doesn't care.

Of course we only presume that isn't also true of Hitler. But as most people tend to think they're honestly justified and in the right...(a la Kate Kelly)....

It's not a simple substitution (Satan for Hitler) in the conversation but rather in the law. The likelihood of someone making a comparison to Satan's plan on an LDS thread is directly proportional to the the length of that thread. The likelihood is multiplied by a sizable constant when politics are involved.

Her 15 minutes were already gone.  She is just looking for another 15 minutes and has not yet realized her own irrelevance.

It may not be her but Huffington Post or whoever gave her that interview wanting to keep her on the limelight as a burr in the LDS saddle.

It may not be her but Huffington Post or whoever gave her that interview wanting to keep her on the limelight as a burr in the LDS saddle.

Who brought everything to the media's attention when all this started?  It was her.  So I can't for a moment put the blame anywhere else but towards her.

Does this mean you are okay with guns in public places now?

:D

In Georgia it is allowed, but most companies will not allow you to do so. Thus, we are required to follow the rules of our employer. So if we did bring a gun to work and was asked, if we lied then we are not being honest in our dealings with our fellow man. A required yes to the question for a Temple recommend applicant or holder of a recommend.