Good things

Sunday21

So basically a polite body builder pumped up on Kim Chee who opens the doors of BMWs and cuddles up in his Star Wars jammies at night? 
I like the "good thing" of super quick Photoshop.:D

qqqqqqqqqqqqqq.jpg

Edited by NeedleinA

14 hours ago, zil said:

Lightning is fabulous, but I love the thunder, especially rolling thunder, rumbling across the sky.  Love it. 

12 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I'm so disappointed.  And you call yourself a photoshopper.  tch. tch.

Hey, just trying to give Zil what she ordered. ;) But for you Carb, one bottle of lightning infused Kim Chee!

sssssssssss.jpg

3.5 more days of school.

And today no one broke their arm tripping over shoelaces, attacked the vice principal, was suspended for sexually harassing a second grader, dumped hand sanitizer over another student's head, broke their mom's cellphone they snatched that morning at recess, spent time in the counselor's office for a mini psych eval... today is a good day. Yesterday was not.

18 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

But for you Carb, one bottle of lightning infused Kim Chee!

Kimche.jpg.4cf9a23b5400b02dfd20fa84d0f5e

Now, THAT is a good thing.  I can die happy now.

Edited by Guest

I bet once @Sunday21 logs back on the forum and sees what her "Good Things" thread has turned into, she might want to kick one or two of us. So...
I came across a good thing for her! Yep, just in case you needed them, here they are:

jean.jpg

Good Thing(s):

1.  Is when my Sleep Apnea Dr.'s medical assistant FINALLY gets the prior authorization form for modafinil RX filled out properly, sent in via the CORRECT fax number to my insurance company and then my insurance company pharmacy advocate expedites it and sends it to my pharmacy in 36 hours rather than the 72. Worth the wait, it costs $611.01 and I paid co-pay of $10.00. YEAH, now I can set up my appointment with my audiologist who is 55 miles one way from me. I fall asleep halfway there - not good! On the return trip, I fall asleep several times. Been battling this Rx since the first week of April!

Plus now I can make the road trip with my other forum friend come Aug.

2.  Pharmacist where I pick up my Insulin Rx. alerted me to a new insulin made by the same company who makes what I am on. It is 3x stronger, thus you take 1/3 of it. I go through 10 300mL pens a month. When I see my PC Dr. in a few months, I'll ask him about it. BEFORE that, think I had better call Medimpact to see if it is approved. If it isn't, no sense talking the the Doc.

4 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

...she might want to kick one or two of us. So...

Another good thing: Chuck Norris jokes.

"1/2" was invented when Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the number 1.

When Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick, the earth's rotation changes.

Chuck Norris can kick a field goal through the uprights of the visiting teams stadium.

Only Chuck Norris can kick your face with his fists.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Iggy said:

Good Thing(s):

1.  Is when my Sleep Apnea Dr.'s medical assistant FINALLY gets the prior authorization form for modafinil RX filled out properly, sent in via the CORRECT fax number to my insurance company and then my insurance company pharmacy advocate expedites it and sends it to my pharmacy in 36 hours rather than the 72. Worth the wait, it costs $611.01 and I paid co-pay of $10.00. YEAH, now I can set up my appointment with my audiologist who is 55 miles one way from me. I fall asleep halfway there - not good! On the return trip, I fall asleep several times. Been battling this Rx since the first week of April!

Plus now I can make the road trip with my other forum friend come Aug.

2.  Pharmacist where I pick up my Insulin Rx. alerted me to a new insulin made by the same company who makes what I am on. It is 3x stronger, thus you take 1/3 of it. I go through 10 300mL pens a month. When I see my PC Dr. in a few months, I'll ask him about it. BEFORE that, think I had better call Medimpact to see if it is approved. If it isn't, no sense talking the the Doc.

Good luck with the sleep apnea! It sounds dangerous!

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Another good thing: Chuck Norris jokes.

"1/2" was invented when Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the number 1.

When Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick, the earth's rotation changes.

Chuck Norris can kick a field goal through the uprights of the visiting teams stadium.

Only Chuck Norris can kick your face with his fists.

45alN.jpg

Not wishing to wear out the BMW theme: "A BMW with a particularly obnoxious, impatient (and ugly) driver, stuck behind a tractor towing a specially bulky piece of farm equipment at 2mph along a very narrow country road, with no chance of overtaking for at least another mile!"

(Oh, and if the BMW's a.c. has broken, that would be the cherry on the cake!) 

Edited by Jamie123

7 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Good luck with the sleep apnea! It sounds dangerous!

It can be. It can kill you. We believe my Dad had apnea. He snored so loud we could hear him downstairs and in every room in the house. He also stopped breathing, then would gasp and breath again.

All of my siblings have sleep apnea. All have Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure and lots of bad cholesterol. My bad cholesterol is under control. But my Triglycerides are not good.

Good Thing: 3.  Called the place where my c-PAP machine will be coming from. There never received the Rx from my Apnea Dr. By the time I was able to call them, it was 4 PM. As soon as I hung up I called my Dr. His assistant took the call. I was L. I. V. I. D. Or as my mother used to say: I was so made I could spit railway track spikes. I am proud of myself for not yelling, shrieking, and sputtering at him. Wasn't his fault. Said: I am not a happy camper. i am beyond livid. Find that prescription  NOW. <<heard clicking on the keyboard>> Ah says the young man, hear is the Rx along with the pre-authorization. I said: Good, now fax it off to them. Here is the fax number: XXX... I will stay on the line until you have sent it and received confirmation that they received it. Then I added: When you finish writing this conversation in the call log, put down that I, Iggy, have had quite enough of this nonsense.  The screw-ups and unnecessary delays with my Rx for the modafinil - over a month ~ ridiculous! Then this fiasco with the cPap machine. The first delay was my mistake. I told the Dr to sent the Rx to the wrong place. But when I discovered the error and got the correct information to you there was a delay of 6 weeks! SIX WEEKS before I decided to call the supplier. Then to find out that the Rx had never been faxed. If the assistant I spoke with each time (same young woman - 5 conversations.) is the one who was to fax the Rx, then she failed in her job and I want her reprimanded. I named her. I also had this assistant read back what I wanted entered into the phone log. I also forewarned him that on Monday I am calling the supplier to see if they received the faxed Rx. IF not, then on Tuesday [when the Dr is actually in the office] I am storming the Dr's office. Why do I feel this is a Good Thing? Because I found out now rather than keep on waiting and waiting and waiting,

Good Thing: 4.  The *keep awake* pill works. Doesn't make me dizzy, nauseated, diarrhea, insomnia, anxiety, or have gastrointestinal problems

18 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Did you serve a mission in Korea? Where do you buy your Kim cheer or do you make it - bury it in the back yard?

I'm an ethnic Korean who was born in Seoul, Korea.  I was adopted when I was young by a family of Austrian and your basic European Mutt heritage.

One of the few things I maintain of my Korean is my love for Korean food.  I can tell good kim chee from bad kim chee, etc.  It takes too much effort to make for minimal cost savings.  So,I just buy it.

My first husband was Japanese, Irish, Native American. Mother was Japanese. He loved Kim Chee. The first time I was introduced to Kim Chee was in Alameda CA. We were renting a kitchenette at a motel. Bringing in the groceries, he dug into the bag, got out the jar and dug in with his fingers. I was just coming in the door with a bag and the smell hit me. I thought there was something dead and rotting. The closer I got to him, the more nauseated I got.

Now, my father is Norwegian, and he ate some pretty disgusting, smelling ?food?, but this Kim Chee outdid Dad's gamalost any day of the week. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamalost

A friend of ours gave me her Grandma's recipe for Kim Chee. I dutifully made it, put it into crockery jars (4 4gal ones) and put them into the unused coat closet off the kitchen. I then went to visit my mother in So. Dak. [driving from the Oregon Coast] knowing that when I got back, it would be time to do the next step. Well, husband was too impatient to wait, and he moved one of the crocks into the kitchen about two days before I was due back. Rather than place the crock next to the sink, he put it in front of the sliding glass door.

When I got home, the smell was enough to knock me off my feet. The sun shone down on that crock from about 1pm until dusk. For lids on the crocks I used heavy glass turntables from microwaves, then put a heavy river rock on top. Well, the kim chee heated up, fermented too much and blew up all over the kitchen. The turntable went flying and lodged across the room in the oven door. The large river rock landed on the Jen Air burners on top of the oven and there was kim chee all over the place. Ceiling, walls, floor.

Took me the rest of the day - got home at 4 PM - and well into the next to clean up that mess. Oh, and it cost a small fortune to replace that Jenn Air convection oven door! My girlfriend came over and helped me to can the rest of the kim chee. That was the first and last time I made it. It was also the last time Hubby was allowed to eat it in the house. I would buy it, but he had to take his plate and go outside to eat it.

He loved it with everything. Well except spaghetti, lasagna & chili. You know, there wasn't one member of my hubby's family that wanted that recipe. They didn't like the stuff. Now Carborendum, do you like the hot spicy kind? Hubby sure did. The hotter it was the more he liked it. Our little local grocery store would carry it just for us. We bought a case every other week.