Report Swearing Gardener on Temple Grounds

Sunday21

5 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

You think he collects wives because he has no friends? Or that because he is the ward ceremonial dung collector he has no friends?

I don't think you should limit it to just two reasons - there are probably thousands

Guest MormonGator
18 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

You think he collects wives because he has no friends? Or that because he is the ward ceremonial dung collector he has no friends?

e tu, Sunday? 

8 hours ago, Eowyn said:

FWIW, we have a good friend who is a temple gardener. They certainly are required to have a temple recommend and maintain a standard of behavior. The kind of guy JAG is talking about will have  a lot to answer for.

Man, it's just like being at home. Talking to a wall...

36 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Man, it's just like being at home. Talking to a wall...

There is also a sort of divine precedent to communicating with walls, although it was written, rather than verbal

(Book of Mormon | Alma 10:2)
 I am Amulek; I am the son of Giddonah, who was the son of Ishmael, who was a descendant of Aminadi; and it was the same Aminadi who interpreted the writing which was upon the wall of the temple, which was written by the finger of God.

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

You can't imagine the phone calls I receive from your compound!

Well it's only because we got your application to become #15. @zil is giving it serious consideration. We still need a resume and three letters of recommendation. 

3 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

There is also a sort of divine precedent to communicating with walls, although it was written, rather than verbal

(Book of Mormon | Alma 10:2)
 I am Amulek; I am the son of Giddonah, who was the son of Ishmael, who was a descendant of Aminadi; and it was the same Aminadi who interpreted the writing which was upon the wall of the temple, which was written by the finger of God.

Don't you find that little nugget of information intriguing? I am dying to know what happened in this incident. When I returned to church I read through all the scriptures in hope that more scriptures would be released. Did not work obviously! 

5 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Don't you find that little nugget of information intriguing? I am dying to know what happened in this incident. When I returned to church I read through all the scriptures in hope that more scriptures would be released. Did not work obviously! 

Try Daniel 5. It reports a similar incident

12 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

You can't imagine the phone calls I receive from your compound!

Really, you shouldn't be surprised.  Each of the previous 14 has her own interviewing style - and they all get to vet you...  Then there's the background check - those guys can ask some really strange questions.  Then there's the e-PolyHarmony.com questionnaire...  Frankly, if you never send in your references, I'll be relieved at not having to process all that.

8 hours ago, zil said:

Really, you shouldn't be surprised.  Each of the previous 14 has her own interviewing style - and they all get to vet you...  Then there's the background check - those guys can ask some really strange questions.  Then there's the e-PolyHarmony.com questionnaire...  Frankly, if you never send in your references, I'll be relieved at not having to process all that.

Not sister wife material and refuse to wear those homely handmade dresses! I used to live in a prairie town near to many Hutterite communes. The women wore incredibly intricate beautiful handmade clothing. My sister would buy crafts from the women. At age 55 the women would retire no more housework!

Edited by Sunday21

Guest MormonGator
19 hours ago, NightSG said:

I still want to know what happens if a Prophet says he doesn't sustain himself in a TR interview.

"Please accept my resignation. I would never join a club that would have people like me as members."-Groucho Marx. 

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, Backroads said:

I've known a few bishops who have some surprising vocabularies.

Some of the best people I know swear like truck drivers, and some of the best people I know do not. I am convinced that swearing has it's place. In mixed company or with people that you know will be offended by it? Keep it clean. In private with your buddies or close personal friends who you know real well? Knock yourself out. 

31 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Some of the best people I know swear like truck drivers, and some of the best people I know do not. I am convinced that swearing has it's place. In mixed company or with people that you know will be offended by it? Keep it clean. In private with your buddies or close personal friends who you know real well? Knock yourself out. 

I've always tried to avoid swearing because it can become a bad habit and sets a bad example for my friends who aren't believers. Followers of Christ are too be the salt and light of the Earth (Matthew 5:13-16). I don't think swearing "shines the light" of Jesus.

Here's what Paul said about it in Galatians 4:29

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, Larry Cotrell said:

I've always tried to avoid swearing because it can become a bad habit and sets a bad example for my friends who aren't believers.

Good. You shouldn't curse, it's a bad habit and not polite. 

We aren't just talking about swearing, though. We are talking about someone employed by the church who works at the temple, who is bound to a code of conduct, swearing at work. In earshot of an investigator, no less. 

Guest MormonGator
21 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

We aren't just talking about swearing, though. We are talking about someone employed by the church who works at the temple, who is bound to a code of conduct, swearing at work. In earshot of an investigator, no less. 

I agree. I don't think you should curse on temple grounds.