Funny: Coffee/Tea/Cocoa drinkers

NeuroTypical

1 hour ago, NeedleinA said:

That is so our family.
We have tried almost all the flavors of "Cocoa-mate" and love cocoa at our home!

20120427-coffeemate-group-all.jpg

I buy some of these to add to my hot chocolate. Especially the vanilla creamer.  And the caramel.  Oh man...sooooo good.

I would never encourage those with sincere religious motivation against doing so, to imbibe in black coffee.  2 grams of fiber in every cup, zero calories, loads of anti-oxidants, and it's made Seattle the coolest city in the world.  No enticement though...just sayin'.  :lol:

5 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

I would never encourage those with sincere religious motivation against doing so, to imbibe in black coffee.  2 grams of fiber in every cup, zero calories, loads of anti-oxidants, and it's made Seattle the coolest city in the world.  No enticement though...just sayin'.  :lol:

Normally, when a cup of water is run through a filter and comes out brown or black, the whole thing is discarded not turned into a daily ritual.

I went to the Univ of Washington for my PhD. I never saw coffee stands in class buildings before. Class buildings, bus transfer centers, parking structures, all over the place. What an addiction! And what money people spend!  Someone told me coffee is so popular there because of the weather.  Personally, I found the gray and the chill invigorating. But then, I would. :D

1 hour ago, mordorbund said:

Normally, when a cup of water is run through a filter and comes out brown or black, the whole thing is discarded not turned into a daily ritual.

In the past 10+ years here I've demonstrated my open-mindedness in numerous ways.  In this case, I've learned from the Muslims, and make sure to show my submission five-times a day.  :cool:

@pam  I will accept your cautionary words.  On the other hand, a careful reading of my posts would demonstrate that I have studiously avoided encouraging anyone to violate the WoW.  Perhaps I've suggested some health benefits, and described the wide-spread usage in my area, and that some perceive a certain cool-chill factor to coffee...but I meant all that to be informational, and perhaps even of a warning nature.  Why do you think people here call me Chaplain Innocent***?

***... okay...maybe nobody calls me that...but still

7 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

Why do you think people here call me Chaplain Innocent***?

***... okay...maybe nobody calls me that...but still

This is the story of Chaplain Innocent (not to be confused with Pope Innocent).  His is a cautionary tale about the woes of being the resident non-LDS Chaplain on the Mormon Hub forum.  Joy with him as he makes friends among the alien religion of Mormons.  Sigh with him as he sees Mormons struggling to understand his faith.  Contemplate with him as he struggles to balance tolerance and respect with the desire to share the Word as he knows it.  Relax with him as he drinks his sixth cup of coffee on a particularly tiring day...unless you're a Mormon.