Would you be okay with being a Ministering Angel for eternity?

Everyone in the church's goal is exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom, but let's say for a minute you went through Final Judgment and found out you were going to be a Ministering Angel for eternity in 1 of the 2 lower levels of the Celestial Kingdom, would you be disappointed or would you be ecstatic that you still made the Celestial Kingdom and will still get to be with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for eternity and get to do so many wonderful things for others? I've come to realize I'd be okay with this if that was my fate because any level of the Celestial Kingdom is supposed to be unbelievable unimagined happiness and bliss. I know we're not supposed to settle for less than best, but I would hope that we should accept wherever we wind up as being the place where we would be happiest and why it's called the Plan of Happiness. How would you feel? Or would you spend eternity pouting that you didn't make the best spot?

Edited by Zarahemla

24 minutes ago, Vort said:

God has counseled with, pleaded with, and commanded us to seek exaltation and eternal life. That is my focus.

But do you think the ministering angels are not happy?

14 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Ask your therapist. 

Why don't you ask posters like Rob Osborn about seeing a therapist? Why do all the posters here always pick on me? Don't you know I get super pissed whenever you make this comment?

22 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

But do you think the ministering angels are not happy?

God has counseled with, pleaded with, and commanded us to seek exaltation and eternal life. That is my focus. Whether or not ministering angels are "happy" is beside the point.

Just my thoughts:  We will be satisfied and agree with the final judgement. But, having the knowledge I have, and not attaining the highest degree of glory because of my own willful disobedience or slothfulness will be sad indeed!  Will we be "weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth", I do not know?

4 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

You didn't answer the question. And I can't see my therapist for a while. Busy schedule for both of us.

My primary concern is your well-being.  Tomorrow is the first business day of the new year, I would recommend making an appointment first thing and talk about OCD and possible treatments.  Your well-being is first priority.  

Forum speculative talk comes as a much lesser priority.  

Edited by Jane_Doe

Zarahemla, I'm trying to help you see that the problem isn't worry over the questions you ask. It's the general fixation on a common theme, and as you've been told, you'll continue to find things to worry yourself until you get to the root of your anxiety or OCD or whatever your therapist helps you work on.

We probably will never help you find peace of mind. Your therapist can help, and help you break this pattern.

How many threads a week do you start about these concerns? A day? How many compared to anyone else?

It's a problem, and one you need to address in your treatment. You won't find what you are looking for  on the Internet. It's going to take constant work and professional guidance. So I'll continue to tell you to talk to your therapist about it, not to make you angry, but because it's what you need to do.

7 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Zarahemla, I'm trying to help you see that the problem isn't worry over the questions you ask. It's the general fixation on a common theme, and as you've been told, you'll continue to find things to worry yourself until you get to the root of your anxiety or OCD or whatever your therapist helps you work on.

We probably will never help you find peace of mind. Your therapist can help, and help you break this pattern.

How many threads a week do you start about these concerns? A day? How many compared to anyone else?

It's a problem, and one you need to address in your treatment. You won't find what you are looking for  on the Internet. It's going to take constant work and professional guidance. So I'll continue to tell you to talk to your therapist about it, not to make you angry, but because it's what you need to do.

I don't think I have a problem.

25 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

I don't think I have a problem.

Honestly ask yourself these questions:

Do you have repeated, persistent and unwanted thoughts, urges or images that are intrusive and cause distress or anxiety?  Do you maybe try to ignore them or get rid of them by performing a compulsive behavior or ritual? These obsessions typically intrude when you're trying to think of or do other things.  Obsessions often have themes to them, such as fear of contamination or dirt.  Do you have compulsive repetitive behaviors that you feel driven to perform. These repetitive behaviors or mental acts are meant to prevent or reduce anxiety related to your obsessions or prevent something bad from happening. However, engaging in the compulsions brings no pleasure and may offer only a temporary relief from anxiety. These compulsions are excessive and often are not realistically related to the problem they're intended to fix.  As with obsessions, compulsions typically have themes, such as: 

• Washing and cleaning
  • Checking
  • Counting
  • Orderliness
  • Following a strict routine
  • Demanding reassurances

If so, I would recommend checking out this page by the Mayo Clinic which was the source material for this post: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/symptoms-causes/dxc-20245951

Edited by Jane_Doe

3 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Honestly ask yourself these questions:

Do you have repeated, persistent and unwanted thoughts, urges or images that are intrusive and cause distress or anxiety?  Do you maybe try to ignore them or get rid of them by performing a compulsive behavior or ritual? These obsessions typically intrude when you're trying to think of or do other things.  Obsessions often have themes to them, such as fear of contamination or dirt.  Do you have compulsive repetitive behaviors that you feel driven to perform. These repetitive behaviors or mental acts are meant to prevent or reduce anxiety related to your obsessions or prevent something bad from happening. However, engaging in the compulsions brings no pleasure and may offer only a temporary relief from anxiety. These compulsions are excessive and often are not realistically related to the problem they're intended to fix.  As with obsessions, compulsions typically have themes, such as: 

• Washing and cleaning
  • Checking
  • Counting
  • Orderliness
  • Following a strict routine
  • Demanding reassurances

If so, I would recommend checking out this page by the Mayo Clinic which was the source material for this post: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/symptoms-causes/dxc-20245951

I dont have any of the issues you listed in bold. I'm normal.

9 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

Everyone in the church's goal is exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom, but let's say for a minute you went through Final Judgment and found out you were going to be a Ministering Angel for eternity in 1 of the 2 lower levels of the Celestial Kingdom, would you be disappointed or would you be ecstatic that you still made the Celestial Kingdom and will still get to be with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for eternity and get to do so many wonderful things for others? I've come to realize I'd be okay with this if that was my fate because any level of the Celestial Kingdom is supposed to be unbelievable unimagined happiness and bliss. I know we're not supposed to settle for less than best, but I would hope that we should accept wherever we wind up as being the place where we would be happiest and why it's called the Plan of Happiness. How would you feel? Or would you spend eternity pouting that you didn't make the best spot?

My personal opinion, and its pretty far out there, is that if we choose the path of eternal life in Gods kingdom that eventually we all will become Gods. Everyone will and must find a companion for salvation. I find it interesting that the entire endowment ceremony, which is the path or pattern for salvation, is weaved together by covenants that we make as married couples towards each other. Even at the veil, the wife is brought through by her husband.

The scriptures sate that neither the wonan or the man is perfect without the other. So, if we are on a path that leads to perfection, then its inevitable that eventually all on that path will fill the measure of their creation and find and marry a partner. I honestly do not see single people in heaven for all eternity, it defies our very creation and purpose.

10 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

I dont have any of the issues you listed in bold. I'm normal.

Have you ever tried not thinking about the afterlife for the small space of a week?  Were you successful in that endeavor?

(I'm not asking you to post your answer here.  More I want you to think about it- if you're unable to go a small week without thinking about this, that's indicative of something.  My only hope is for you to be at peace and happy.  There is nothing wrong with needing help for any problem, and it is bravery to admit we have problems and to admit we could use help.)

Edited by Jane_Doe

The scriptures say that we will end up where we feel most comfortable so I don't really think about it other then when it makes me feel happy thinking about being with my family forever as I love them.   I think you should listen to the other posters though as they just want to help.

1 hour ago, Jane_Doe said:

Have you ever tried not thinking about the afterlife for the small space of a week?  Were you successful in that endeavor?

(I'm not asking you to post your answer here.  More I want you to think about it- if you're unable to go a small week without thinking about this, that's indicative of something.  My only hope is for you to be at peace and happy.  There is nothing wrong with needing help for any problem, and it is bravery to admit we have problems and to admit we could use help.)

I'm LDS and had a life changing psychosis episode where I thought I died and went to the afterlife in 2013 and have been thinking about it since.

11 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

I'm LDS and had a life changing psychosis episode where I thought I died and went to the afterlife in 2013 and have been thinking about it since.

And can you physically stop thinking about it for time as small as a week?  If not, that would imply OCD.  Do these persistent thoughts cause you distress?  This would also imply OCD.

(Again, you don't need to answer here, this is for you to think about).

20 hours ago, Vort said:

God has counseled with, pleaded with, and commanded us to seek exaltation and eternal life. That is my focus.

Going along with your thought - I see no reason not to at least plan to reach both mine and G-d's expectation.   I do not think of G-d in terms of falling short concerning his work and glory.

The Traveler

21 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

And can you physically stop thinking about it for time as small as a week?  If not, that would imply OCD.  Do these persistent thoughts cause you distress?  This would also imply OCD.

(Again, you don't need to answer here, this is for you to think about).

Can you stop thinking about Jesus and God for as small as a week?