I'm very glad that the Priesthood session is available for all to see on TV or online. I generally find them very useful for filling in my gaps in Mormon knowledge. But of course, I have a question or two -  Can women attend the session at the Conference Center? Can men attend the Women's Session? I assume that's rarely done, but I wonder if you could do it or if you'd be blocked from entering the hall?

Normally this is a non-issue because... well, let's be honest: there's already a lot of conference to attend.  With the exception of the general authorities, the men go to the priesthood session, the women to the women's.  

Though, a couple of years ago, there was group of women that wanted to attend the main live Priesthood session because they wanted to be ordained to the priesthood (this was blatantly declared to be their intention).  They made it a whole giant publicity stunt out of it, and of course they were turned away for it.   Now, that being said, if some mom wants to sit in the back of a local chapel because she's playing taxi for her son & it's too long to drive home, that's usually fine (or vise versa). 

I love general conference, it is wonderful and uplifting. I devote approximately 10 hours of my life to it each time the opportunity comes around (not counting follow up reading/listening).  That being said, I have no desire to attend more General Conference than what is my responsibility.  I feel sorry for anyone who is burdened with the desire to do more than what the Lord expects of them.

I imagine that men and women would be encouraged to watch the session elsewhere should they attempt to enter the Conference Center during a session that was not designed specifically for them.  That being said, you need a ticket to get into each session (tickets are free), and there probably wouldn't be any leftover tickets/seats to allow men to enter the women's session anyway, and vice-versa.

No, women do not attend the Priesthood Session in the Conference Center. They will not (knowingly) be allowed in as attendees; their attendance there means that a Priesthood-holding man will be denied seating. I assume the same is true of the Women's Session; men (other than pertinent leaders) will not knowingly be allowed in as attendees.

Both are available to watch live on television, and both are available for perusal afterward. I personally listen to each Women's Session six times, once per month for each month from session to session. I often find them useful and instructive. Because of this, the only reason I can think of that a woman would try to sit in at the Conference Center for a Priesthood Session (or a man at the Women's Session) would be in an attempt to make a sociopolitical statement. I have no sympathy for such.

11 hours ago, person0 said:

I love general conference, it is wonderful and uplifting. I devote approximately 10 hours of my life to it each time the opportunity comes around (not counting follow up reading/listening).  That being said, I have no desire to attend more General Conference than what is my responsibility.  I feel sorry for anyone who is burdened with the desire to do more than what the Lord expects of them.

Listening to the prophets and apostles speak is a burden?

12 hours ago, person0 said:

Not sure I understand you. The Lord expects us to desire to follow him and to waste and wear out our lives in bringing ourselves and others to him. Why would a person devoted to such a pursuit not want to receive more instruction at the feet of apostles and other divinely called leaders?

"I feel sorry for anyone who is burdened with the desire to do more than what the Lord expects of them."

@Vort @The Folk Prophet
The statement was intended to be satirical in nature (Fail! :P).  I was using overly PC language to poke fun at those who:

11 hours ago, Vort said:

". . . attempt to make a sociopolitical statement. . ."

I almost made another comment that Vort's comment was a more direct version of the intended meaning behind mine.

My satire logic: To magnify one's calling is to do your duty.  Attending the Priesthood Session is my responsibility as a priesthood holder, it is not my wife's responsibility to attend.  If my wife were to feel a compelling desire to attend the session (especially in public) I feel 'sorry' that she has the (incorrect) desire to do something that is not her responsibility.

In all sincerity those who are part of groups such as Ordain Women are in a sense burdened by their desire to the extent that they propagate their desire in ways that are prompted by the adversary and by pride.  Just like I feel sorry for those who are addicted to drugs, I feel sorry for those who are beguiled to actively seek more than that which the Lord expects of them.

21 hours ago, Vort said:

...Because of this, the only reason I can think of that a woman would try to sit in at the Conference Center for a Priesthood Session (or a man at the Women's Session) would be in an attempt to make a sociopolitical statement. I have no sympathy for such. (Quote #1)

10 hours ago, Vort said:

...Why would a person devoted to such a pursuit not want to receive more instruction at the feet of apostles and other divinely called leaders? (Quote #2)

@Vort, I think you answered your own question in Quote #2 with Quote #1.

M.