I've Been Cherry-Picking

SilentOne

13 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Ice cream toppers?

My husband got me this out of the blue.  No occasion or anything.  He just passed by it and thought, hmm, my wife would love this.  Of course, I didn't tell him that neither I nor the kids eat cherries.  Not even in a pie or a jam... :D

img84o.jpg

I would so take it off your hands. Nana-in-law has been pestering everyone to come get cherries and my go-to method is a pop bottle and a chopstick.

Heading to Amazon now...

Edited by Backroads

On 6/17/2017 at 11:04 AM, Backroads said:

I would so take it off your hands. Nana-in-law has been pestering everyone to come get cherries and my go-to method is a pop bottle and a chopstick.

Heading to Amazon now...

It is awesome!  My husband likes cherries!  I've been using it to pit cherries, then stick it on a toothpick and coat them with melted chocolate, let the chocolate harden back up and... tat-tada... his favorite cordials.

• 1 year later...

I did it again. And this time I talked to the cherries as they went through the pitter and into the dish. "Okay, move along now. It's your turn. Now go down and join your friends. Alright, move over to make some room for the new guys." And so on. At some point, I decided they were boys, without realizing it until I called them that out loud. Then I thought about giving them all names, realizing immediately that there were too many for that to be practical.

And then I made them into pie filling.

Edited by SilentOne
changed picker to pitter