Am I the only aware member with alarm bells going off in his head?

Alex

2 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

That's fine for people who think but we're talking about Gator here. And from what I can remember of Descartes, he never allowed for the possibility that the thoughts he thought he was thinking could have been inserted into his head by an alien exercising some form of mind control. So being aware of thoughts in our head is not a sure sign that we exist. 

Kenneth, what is the frequency?

Edited by DoctorLemon

I had to look that up on google to understand the reference. The idea of aliens inserting stuff into our heads is not too far away from the "ghost in the machine" idea that opponents of Descartes sometimes referred to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_machine

Guest MormonGator
24 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

"I think, therefore I am."  - Rene Descartes.

Because I can think, I have a mind that is functioning somewhere and therefore I exist.  So yes, I am sure I am really me.

Waiter: Would you like some tea?
Philosopher: I think not
*The philosopher magically vanishes*

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Q- Would the general authorities tell us now that the A/C is building his power base, or words to that effect?

A- Christ told the apostles that one of them was about to betray him and how to recognize the betrayer. Maybe the general authorities would warn us of an action about to be performed by the A/C, leaving it up to us to recognize it ?

The General Authorities will reveal it to us when God wants them to reveal it to us.

Okay, we heard all your speculations on the Prince.   

Now, consider this.  What if you're wrong?  Imagine this - you are a Filipino working with the Saudi government in dealing with ISIS who wiped out your hometown.  It then comes to your head all these things you're saying here about the Prince being the anti-Christ.  You're wrong but you don't know it.  What kind of effect do you think that has on your relationship with the people who are genuinely trying to help you?  Do you see how much damage you just did in impugning someone's character to the highest degree of being the Anti-Christ?  Do you see how that can be the gravest example of unrighteous judgment?  All because you want to interpret scriptures beyond it's intent?  No?

Edited by anatess2

49 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

The General Authorities will reveal it to us when God wants them to reveal it to us.

Okay, we heard all your speculations on the Prince.   

Now, consider this.  What if you're wrong?  Imagine this - you are a Filipino working with the Saudi government in dealing with ISIS who wiped out your hometown.  It then comes to your head all these things you're saying here about the Prince being the anti-Christ.  You're wrong but you don't know it.  What kind of effect do you think that has on your relationship with the people who are genuinely trying to help you?  Do you see how much damage you just did in impugning someone's character to the highest degree of being the Anti-Christ?  Do you see how that can be the gravest example of unrighteous judgment?  All because you want to interpret scriptures beyond it's intent?  No?

Hmm, I thought it was the US and Australia that was assisting in the Philippines with islamists who are coming over from Indonesia? I don't see how the Saudi's are involved in that and even if they were providing intell, my theory on a web forum is hardly something to punish philippino's over. 

Just now, Alex said:

Hmm, I thought it was the US and Australia that was assisting in the Philippines with islamists who are coming over from Indonesia? I don't see how the Saudi's are involved in that and even if they were providing intell, my theory on a web forum is hardly something to punish philippino's over. 

You didn't answer the question.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, they weren't very good questions, so I didn't bother with them.

I reckon most muslims, sunni or shia, wouldn't care in the least if a prince of Saud was named as an Anti-Christ.

Did you even bother to read the question?  I wasn't asking if muslims would care.  I was asking about the effects of unrighteous judgment on your soul.

3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Did you even bother to read the question?  I wasn't asking if muslims would care.  I was asking about the effects of unrighteous judgment on your soul.

Yes, I read your questions- how would a 'pino behave if they were dealing with the Saudi's and if the Filipino wondered about the true intent of the Saudi Prince' and to that I can only ask if you want members to be mindless zombies?

The book of Revelation is not the Songs of Solomon you know- it's there to be read and to be pondered upon. I have offered 2 facts and you offered nought but emotion.

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Another day, another lightning fast change from MBS.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20171115-israel-and-saudi-co-sponsor-anti-assad-un-resolution/

Hmm, it doesn't worry me that MBS moved against another prince of Saud who opposed him (the helicopter crash that killed prince Mansour 2 weeks ago) because that's a Machiavellian means that is played out in many nations on earth but it's the praise for MBS's moves to peace, tolerance and moderation that has me rolling my eyes. Well, at least some are cautious-

http://www.businessinsider.com/doubt-about-saudi-prince-mohammed-bin-salman-reputation-as-reformer-2017-11?IR=T

According to the book of Revelations, the last A/C is attacked and nearly killed.

Well, MBS has many enemies within the house of Saud and the establishment in Saudi Arabia who want him gone so that's another thing to watch for- him coming back from the death's door following an attack on his life... and right now, it's prince Faysal who is publicly denying MBS was behind the helicopter crash that killed Faysal's brother. In secret, that branch of the house of Saud will now be plotting revenge against MBS.

So far the only things that point to MBS being the A/C are his public love of 'peace' and the fact that he is the son of one of the ten kings of the house of Saud. Yeah, it ain't much to form a theory upon but it's the unnatural speed of change here that has me paying attention.

Revelation 13:9-10 is interesting because it defines an attribute of the saints in the last days- patience with what is prevailing around them.

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Anyway, it's after the A/C is miraculously restored to health that a false prophet arrives who performs miracles and forces the ignorant to accept the A/C as their savior.

Hmm, the assertion that the brethren will identify the A/C is correct; when the A/C begins actively opposing the work of God. At the moment, I think we're seeing the sudden rise of the A/C though- he is building his power base.

Q- Would the general authorities tell us now that the A/C is building his power base, or words to that effect?

A- Christ told the apostles that one of them was about to betray him and how to recognize the betrayer. Maybe the general authorities would warn us of an action about to be performed by the A/C, leaving it up to us to recognize it ?

Anyway, I am interested in your thoughts pertaining to the subject, for here is the (my) patience.

I'm not sure if you read the links which I posted.  If not, you probably should, as that probably addresses many of your worries.

For an example of what may happen.  When the Babylonian apocalypse descended upon Israel, it was seen as a type and shadow by many.  Most of Jeremiah is NOT dedicated to who is the bad guy, but on HOW the people of Israel were acting and how they should act.  He told them of what was coming, and the why, but much of his book was more on the things that the Israelites were doing and the sins.  He told them all about the coming captivity, but in many ways focused on what the Jews were doing and should do.

In the same light, today, I think prophets are going to focus more on what we should be doing in light of the time period.  If you note the links I posted earlier, they are just one of a few that specifically address that this is the last days, and how we, as Saints of the Lord, should act.

In that light, it's very much like how prophets of old acted.  They did not normally go out and specify who it was, but rather what the people were doing that was bringing about such terrible things and how the people could change (or call the people to repentance).  You'll find that same idea in those things I posted earlier.

That does not mean that we won't recognize the events that are coming around.  The people in the days of the Babylonian apocalypse already had prophecies of what was coming, that of Isaiah, for example.  They could have easily recognized what was going on, but instead chose to continue as they did.  There was no need for the Lord's prophets to continually try to spell that out for them when the lord had already provided that roadmap for them before. Jeremiah continually pointed out what was coming or what had come, but he hardly needed to.  In that light, he utilized it as a means to point out how it was directly related to the people and what they are doing.

In some ways, the Lord has provided a roadmap  that is far more explicit in what is coming to us today.  The Latter-day prophets have pointed out what is occurring and what is coming multiple times already.  The question that is more to the point is whether we are more like the people of Jeremiah's day or not, where the prophets can tell us what we should be doing but are we listening to that or not?

I'm not so certain the twelve will name the A/C by name.  They may or may not.  Instead, it may be telling us what we should do, and as the time comes closer, forecasting the punishments and events from the wrath of the Lord that are going to ensnare us if we do not repent or change our ways.  I'm looking at it more like a Jeremiah situation than a Daniel situation.

For a guy like me, death could be just around the corner any day.  It may not take me, but it may.  In that light, I need to live everyday as if it is the time I will meet the Lord.  Our second coming may not necessarily come when the Millennium comes, but when we meet the Lord in person.  When we die, that is the time to be prepared to meet the Lord.  We should live every day in that aspect in that preparation, and if we are so fated to live to reach the Millennium, so our blessings will be. 

Forum doing it's thing again.  The above said, in regards directly to the Saudi Prince, I am taking a wait and see attitude.  We will see where it leads.  It's not like there is any actions that we can take in and of ourselves right now even if he turned out to be the A/C. 

If he is, this will eventually become obvious to those who have read the Bible and read the prophecies of our time (as I alluded to above).

What we CAN do is prepare ourselves, much as has been being told to us to do for several decades now (and I have talks on this that I posted links to going all the way back to the 70s).

The Israelites had prophecies and warnings of the Babylonian onslaught for over 100 years prior to it.  They never really heeded it to themselves in what THEY personally could do.

The question then, is whether we will heed what the prophets have already been telling us to do for decades, or whether we will turn out like the Jews which led to great tragedy.

Edited by JohnsonJones

6 hours ago, Alex said:

There are actually a LOT of Filipinos  in the Saudi Peninsula.  I'm not sure why they come over here.  If they had someone telling them abut the great job opportunities over here and come over, I would warn them...DO NOT DO THIS.

They are considered Third level workers, or Third party nationals...and basically have little to no rights.  When they come over here, it could almost be equated to slavery, not just in Saudi, but in many of the surrounding nations.  Hundreds of Filipinos probably died constructing some major buildings in a nation just East of Saudi recently, and there are other atrocities that happen.

In that light, there is also the LDS church on the Saudi Peninsula, but unrecognized typically.  A LOT of it's members are actually TPNs from what I've seen, which must mean the LDS church has a large number of members in the Philippines (I've never been there, this is just a though based on how many Filipinos I see in the Middle East that are LDS, and basically I'd say a bulwark of the LDS church there). 

I think @anatess2 question was an applicable one.  For many of those Filipinos who are working there, what this prince decides and does can have a direct impact on their lives.  He can actually make the living conditions better, there treatment better, the contracts better (and most of those who are treated in a more slave like manner, it's due to the CONTRACTS that they sign that enables this, with contract laws changed to a degree in that regards, their lives may be changed drastically for the better). 

This doesn't mean every Filipino there is under those conditions that I spoke, there are good employers and bad (just like anywhere), but the bad ones can be truly terrible in their treatment of the TPNs.  I can see how the actions of the prince, if they continue as they are, could directly impact the views and actions of the citizens of the area (and not just Saudi Arabia) could affect those Filipino's who are under contract to Saudi employers and other native citizens of the peninsula in giving them more rights and other things to greatly improve their lives and change the situation here in that regards.

Which would call into question, we do not know who or where this prince is going yet.  If he is the A/C and that is shown later on...how should they react?

I'd say that right now though, we do not have enough information on him in any manner on what is going to happen.  This could be the calm before the storm.  This could be him purging his enemies to wrest power.  Or, he could be moving his nation forward in a far more progressive manner than what has ever occurred in the past decade.  Or it could be all the above.  Right now, I'd say a wait and see attitude is far better than taking it for granted if he is the A/C or anything else.  Time will show his true colors, but for now, I'm waiting and seeing what is in store.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Yes, I read your questions- how would a 'pino behave if they were dealing with the Saudi's and if the Filipino wondered about the true intent of the Saudi Prince' and to that I can only ask if you want members to be mindless zombies?

The book of Revelation is not the Songs of Solomon you know- it's there to be read and to be pondered upon. I have offered 2 facts and you offered nought but emotion.

Reading comprehension matters.  WHAT IF YOU'RE WRONG about the Prince?  Is a very important part of that question.  You are tasked to work with him to serve people.  You think he's the Anti-Christ when he is genuinely trying to serve people.  So you serve with this dark cloud in your heart against an innocent man. You don't think that is a grave disservice to God's Kingdom and the worst case of unrighteous judgment that impugned a man's character?  

By the way.  The verses are facts.  Your interpretation and judgment of the Prince is speculation.  UNRIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT kind of speculation.  You didn't just judge a guy condemned, you judged a guy as the Anti-Christ!

Edited by anatess2

45 minutes ago, JohnsonJones said:

Right now, I'd say a wait and see attitude is far better than taking it for granted if he is the A/C or anything else.  Time will show his true colors, but for now, I'm waiting and seeing what is in store.

Yep. Watch and wait and of course, be aware. The scriptures have outlined some specifics that will happen to him next, if this is indeed him- an attack on his life from which he survives when he should be dead and he moves to subdue 3 kings. It's after the attack on the A/C that the false prophet appears who works miracles and commands all to worship the A/C.

The whole 'bringer of peace' in a turbulent world aspect to the A/C is what fools many and if I can draw a possibly clumsy analogy, the culture that is being exposed in hollywood currently, where people haven't spoken up for years for fear of losing their comfort level in life, is exactly the same tool that the A/C is going to use on many many millions of people.

People are not going to give up food or luxury in their day to day lives if they feel they don't have to- many will simply worship the A/C as they are instructed to, in order to keep that instantaneous comfort level.

I know we are focusing on the Filipino's here but those Catholic Filipinos working in Saudi are probably the most likely to believe a false prophet who works miracles in front of their eyes- after all, stigmata claims in the Philippines among Catholics are almost commonplace.

Look, I want to keep on posting articles to this thread, over time. Things that are needful are:

1) Relevant warnings from the brethren, from conference talks or Ensign articles.

2) Info about MBS- not his spending habits but his maneuvering as it corresponds with the scriptures.

3) Disagreement on the identity of the beast- let's stick to the facts that the scriptures foretell. 

If people don't like this thread, that is fine. Nobody is forcing you to read.

As I've said before, the pointers are quickening at an unnatural pace- particularly in the last 2 months. I doubt it's a coincidence. Just when the 5 nations where Ephraim is established in order to disseminate the gospel (USA, Can, UK, Aus, NZ) spiral into a sharp moral decline, MBS begins laying a foundation of lies to build an empire of misery.

13 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Reading comprehension matters.  WHAT IF YOU'RE WRONG about the Prince?  Is a very important part of that question.  You are tasked to work with him to serve people.  You think he's the Anti-Christ when he is genuinely trying to serve people.  You don't think that is a grave disservice to God's Kingdom and the worst case of unrighteous judgment that impugned a man's character?  

If I'm wrong, I shall cease writing this.

But what if I'm right and good people don't know because do-gooders made discussion on the A/C a taboo topic?

Hmm, you keep on talking about his character being assassinated by me but truly, he's someone who doesn't believe in Christ as our god. He wouldn't care. Heck, he just befriended Muqtada al-sada and that Islamic cleric is a Christian-hating butcher. 

Edited by Alex
grammar

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

But what if I'm right and good people don't know because do-gooders made discussion on the A/C a taboo topic?

Hmm, you keep on talking about his character being assassinated by me but truly, he's someone who doesn't believe in Christ as our god. He wouldn't care. Heck, he just befriended Muqtada al-sada and that Islamic cleric is a Christian-hating butcher. 

Here's a challenge for you:  Line by line comparison.

What the Book of Revelation describes as the characteristics of the Anti-Christ:
What the Saudi Prince is doing.

That is something I'd listen to.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

IF you're right, the prophets will reveal it.  Nobody here is preventing you from talking about the anti christ.  As a matter of fact nobody here claimed that he is not the anti-Christ in the same manner that nobody here but you claimed that he is.  We simply refuse to make judgments that only Christ should make.

Now, here's the thing, if you're right, there's nothing we can do to stop him other than living righteously and prepare for the reaping.

If you're wrong, you impugned an innocent child of God.

Regardless, right or wrong, the unrighteous judgment stands.

But sure, ride your hobby horse as much as you please.  We can add him to the list of top 10 possible Anti-Christ compiled by doomsday enthusiasts.

33 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Now, here's the thing, if you're right, there's nothing we can do to stop him other than living righteously and prepare for the reaping.

Actually, being aware is what prevents us from making bad choices- after all, we wouldn't have been warned in the scriptures about the A/C if it wasn't for our benefit. 

If Americans had have known that the A/C Khomeini was about to seize control in Iran in 79 and either kill or hold them hostage, they wouldn't have gone to work in Iran ! And yes, he was an Anti-Christ because he outlawed Christianity in Iran.

And please, dignifying MBS with the title of "an innocent child of god" is unwarranted given his penchant for revenge and thuggery.   

Edited by Alex
grammar

Hmm, and just noticed this as well and I don't believe it is coincidence.  The day --JULY 30TH 2017-- MBS went to Iraq and befriended Muqtada Al Sada (Muqtada hates Jews and Christians alike btw) there was an odd event emanating from the earth beneath.

Now remember the scripture in Acts 2:19-21 says:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

So, we've always assumed that the signs from the earth beneath would be earthquakes but on July 30th, the earth's magnetic field, or more precisely the earth's resonance wave JUMPED from its regular 7.8Hz to 120Hz!

It was an unprecedented jump for it had jumped up to 14Hz and 30Hz once or twice before but on that day, a massive, never before seen spike.

Just coincidence? Hmm, I don't think so- in the Old Testament the earth actually swallowed evil doers up, right on cue so I'm thinking this spike was a sign triggered by the unholy alliance being made above.

Edited by Alex
grammar

On 11/16/2017 at 8:05 AM, Alex said:

I know we are focusing on the Filipino's here but those Catholic Filipinos working in Saudi are probably the most likely to believe a false prophet who works miracles in front of their eyes- after all, stigmata claims in the Philippines among Catholics are almost commonplace.

Just read this.

There are 2 descriptors that could fit this statement.  1.)  Bigoted  2.) Ignorant.

None of them positive.

6 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Which of these lines illustrates the 7.8 to 120 spike? Thanks

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Hmm, yes, I am wrong here. I was looking at some info that was misleading re the wave and this 30th July date and didn't qualify the source. So yes I am totally wrong here.

Best to leave it up here though as I don't mind being wrong as it teaches me to better check my sources.

4 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Just read this.

There are 2 descriptors that could fit this statement.  1.)  Bigoted  2.) Ignorant.

None of them positive.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/philippines-baby-born-with-stigmata-of-jesus-christ-attracts-thousands-of-believers/

Stigmata is usually associated with the Roman Catholic faith so it makes sense that catholic Filipinos would flock in the thousands to see it.

Hmm,  I'd offer you a tissue for such a meaningful issue but alas, it wouldn't wipe away your deep-seated need to be perpetually offended.