What to do with about 700 pounds wheat. Ideas?

• 2 months later...

Here is another update.  I have ground up over one hundred pounds of wheat now into flour by my estimate.  I have probably given away over sixty pounds of wheat flour to people in my ward.  Recently I gave one hundred-fifty pounds of wheat to my neighbor.   The estimate on how much wheat I had was low.  Likely I have over two thousand pounds of wheat remaining.  It has become a fun side hobby of mine now to grind wheat.

Another person I was also talking to in my ward said she would take five pounds of wheat flour.  If you live in northern Utah and are interested in wheat or whole wheat flour send me a personal message.

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

20 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

Here is another update.  I have ground up over one hundred pounds of wheat now into flour by my estimate.  I have probably given away over sixty pounds of wheat flour to people in my ward.  Recently I gave one hundred-fifty pounds of wheat to my neighbor.  

But, what will your daughter have for a dowry?

The estimate on how much wheat I had was low.  Likely I have over two thousand pounds of wheat remaining. 

Phew!

On 3/11/2018 at 2:46 PM, zil said:

I've eaten bread I made with 20+ year old wheat, so I'm thinking if it's sealed and stored correctly, it's not going bad any time soon.

No idea where / how to sell it.

Good points.....

http://www.bible.ca/b-pyramid-seed.htm

The Bible and the

4500 year old seed found in the pyramids!

On 3/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, Still_Small_Voice said:

I have about 700 pounds of wheat in my food storage. It is close to ten years old. There is no way my family will consume this food in the next fifteen years. I wish to sell it for a modest price, exchange it for other food storage or give it away slowly to charitable organizations. I have a wheat grinder and can grind the wheat to flour for others. Any ideas on how I can use this commodity to bless others who are less fortunate and will use it?

I see too many Latter-Day Saints acquire food storage and then wastefully throw it out after it goes bad. This is sad to me and I do not wish to do this.

I have been giving this question some thought and I have a possible idea on this.......

Please visualize the wheat....... as not merely wheat... but as a PROP in a proposed reality film series..........

May I ask what State or Province you live in?

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and the following basic idea may help you to get a few ideas:

On 7/29/2018 at 10:03 PM, Still_Small_Voice said:

Here is another update.  I have ground up over one hundred pounds of wheat now into flour by my estimate.  I have probably given away over sixty pounds of wheat flour to people in my ward.  Recently I gave one hundred-fifty pounds of wheat to my neighbor.   The estimate on how much wheat I had was low.  Likely I have over two thousand pounds of wheat remaining.  It has become a fun side hobby of mine now to grind wheat.

Another person I was also talking to in my ward said she would take five pounds of wheat flour.  If you live in northern Utah and are interested in wheat or whole wheat flour send me a personal message.

You live in northern Utah.... very interesting.......

I believe that President Trump is facing a massive problem involving 4.3 trillion USA petro-dollars being dumped on the world markets by

China, George Soros...... and other nations that want to knock out the USA economically........

so that they can get at the nation of Israel.......

The State of Utah.... is one of the only USA States capable of getting into what would amount to large scale monetary policy......

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php?threads/could-a-utah-state-dollar-save-the-usa-dollar.349935/

Could a Utah State Dollar save the USA Dollar?

Do you know if you have anything like Ithaca Hours.... or Calgary Dollars near where you live?

A local or alternative currency?

These things were pretty big during the Great Depression!

https://money.cnn.com/2012/01/17/pf/local_currency/index.htm?iid=F_Jump

Local currencies: 'In the U.S. we don't trust'

Whole wheat grains store infinitely better and longer than ground wheat. Good grief, if I were able to I would travel the miles (I live 20 miles from the western end of Hwy 20) to load up on as much whole grain wheat that would fit in a small U-Haul truck! I bought wheat through  BePrepared.Com and also at my local Wal Mart - Auguson Farms. Then I set up my dining table with my scale, vacuum sealer and plastic totes. Took me three days to re-package the 116 pounds into 3.5 lb & 5 lb packages. I grind as I need it. Then I store it in rectangle tubs that fit my storage cupboard. Since the package vacuum flat - only about 1/8th will go back into the buckets. Those buckets I use to store the re-packaged vacuum sealed freeze dried/ dehydrated goods.

If you have flour that has been sitting around for years, empty it into a container that has an empty head space of about 5 inches, then take a good sturdy wire whisk and WHISK it. Get a lot of air into it. That is why your Mother and Grandmother used a sifter, then MEASURED the flour they needed. Add the air to it.

My Mom got flour in 50# and 100# tightly woven unbleached muslin bags. Dad made a pull out drawer lined with tin - all the seams he welded good to keep the mice and bugs out. Mom's sifter could hold about 5 cups and had a handle that rotated - I loved helping her with that. Once the flour was sifted she used a huge mixing spoon (held 1 liquid cup) to gently spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, then level it off and gently empty into the mixing bowl. She used 68 cups of flour for her Monday Bread Making Batch. Started at 4 am, and yes I got up that early so I could help her. From the time I was 8 years old, until I graduated at 18.

Edited by Iggy