"Be One"

wenglund

Against the continued vitriol directed towards the Church on racial and other issues, this reflects my sentiments regarding the Blacks and the Priesthood: "Be One" 40th Anniversary Celebration.

It brought tears to my eyes once again.

A special shout out to the Bonner family performance.--my neighbors, Ward members, and very talented friends.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Mine as well.  In my “new” initiative to feed my soul and remove negativity, I deleted quite a few people on social media, left a few groups, and unsubscribed from a few podcasts following this event.  It was SUCH an uplifting and positive event for me as a new convert and yet so many people had negative things to say about it.  

2 hours ago, Grunt said:

Mine as well.  In my “new” initiative to feed my soul and remove negativity, I deleted quite a few people on social media, left a few groups, and unsubscribed from a few podcasts following this event.  It was SUCH an uplifting and positive event for me as a new convert and yet so many people had negative things to say about it.  

Sifting anyone? :)

23 hours ago, zil said:

I find it tragic and baffling that there are still people who think race matters as anything other than descriptive.

It matters in the medical field especially in one's susceptibility to certain diseases or some such.  Also in aptitude for certain talents (there's a reason most NBA and Football players are black and very rarely Asian).  :D

Edited by anatess2

22 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

It matters in the medical field especially in one's susceptibility to certain diseases or some such.  Also in aptitude for certain talents (there's a reason most NBA and Football players are black and very rarely Asian).  :D

Oh go all technical on us, why dontcha?

I thought this article was noteworthy enough for a mention, though perhaps not its own thread.  Basically, a recent survey indicates that 62.5% of Mormons believe the ban was the will of God; only 22% believe it was wrong.  Interestingly, when you break out the subset of black Mormons on the question that figure rises from 62.5% to 67%; and if you poll all nonwhite Mormons fully 70% of them believe that the ban represented God’s will for the Church of that era.

Takeaways:

1). A good chunk of this sound and fury boils down to white Mormons getting offended on behalf of other people who are not, themselves, offended.

2). Don’t let the race-baiters and grievance-peddlers gaslight or shame you into silence here; the Church is largely united on this issue in spite of the efforts of certain snake-oil salesmen.

Edited by Just_A_Guy