Tattoo

Maize

On 6/21/2018 at 8:10 PM, MormonGator said:

Those with tattoos aren't overly concerned with others opinions about them. Speaking for myself of course, but I'm pretty confident that's what other tattooed people would say. 

I was concerned with people's view of my tattoo. My team mates used to constantly mock my tattoo and that upset me. My mother hated it and my wife did not like it so I eventually got rid of it. Of course it matters what people think of your tattoos. I am not against tattoos at all but your statement is wrong. 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Lee said:

I was concerned with people's view of my tattoo. My team mates used to constantly mock my tattoo and that upset me. My mother hated it and my wife did not like it so I eventually got rid of it. Of course it matters what people think of your tattoos. I am not against tattoos at all but your statement is wrong. 

No, it isn't. You just misunderstood it. In my FIRST POST I said "What will your family think? Will they be disappointed in you?" Yes, it does matter what people will think of your tattoos. 

What I said (and what I stand by 100%)  is that  most people with tattoos generally aren't concerned about your feelings about them. If you dislike them, great. They probably don't like you either. 

Just now, MormonGator said:

No, it isn't. You just misunderstood it. In my FIRST POST I said "What will your family think? Will they be disappointed in you?" Yes, it does matter what people will think of your tattoos. 

What I said (and what I stand by 100%)  is that  most people with tattoos generally aren't concerned about your feelings about them. If you dislike them, great. They probably don't like you either. 

I don't understand the difference but I am sure I disagree. 

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

I don't understand the difference but I am sure I disagree. I would still care if someone didn't like me (depending who) just because someone has a tattoo doesn't mean that they disregard people's opinions.

Edited by Lee

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Lee said:

I don't understand the difference but I am sure I disagree. 

Then study harder before you disagree. There will be a test tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, Lee said:

I would still care if someone didn't like me (depending who) 

Depending who, I'd care as well-to a degree. Eventually you just learn to accept it and move on. 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Lee said:

I miss my tattoo a little bit but why would I keep it if my wife hated it. 

Good thing my wife also likes tattoos. 

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

Good thing my wife also likes tattoos. 

That is lucky after 4 months of my wife telling me how much she dislikes it I got rid of it, she now dislikes my scar but I can't do anything about that. 

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, JayKi said:

Is there any church standing on piercings? I was told I could no wear my ear ring on my mission but are they discouraged generally? 

No one has said anything about my earrings, so...

I don't do tattoos are earrings. Neither really matter ....no more than drinking cokes or playing card games. These are not recommend questions. I feel I need to avoid talking about others, it is not Christ like. Satan uses everything to get me not to be Christ like. If I focus on other's faults, even W.O.W  I am wasting energy I need to spend on being Christ like. There's never a time to talk about others, I am overlooking the beam in my eye. The more I look the more I find I am no better than others.

1 hour ago, john4truth said:

I don't do tattoos are earrings

Me neither

no more than drinking cokes or playing card games

ummm... I disagree. Coke and non gambling card games are not the same as permanently defiling your body with a tattoo

These are not recommend questions

Good point bringing this up. I really don't know why they aren't

I feel I need to avoid talking about others, it is not Christ like

Good for you

If I focus on other's faults, even W.O.W  I am wasting energy I need to spend on being Christ like

I really have no idea what you mean about this. Christ was constantly teaching.

There's never a time to talk about others, I am overlooking the beam in my eye

I talk about others if I am planning to help or intervene (legally and ethically of course)

The more I look the more I find I am no better than others

That sucks. The more I look the more I realize there are some pretty crappy people on earth. It helps me be even more grateful for the angels and true saints that I meet. Do I stop serving those who are lost because of ignorance? Nope. I do have less tolerance for willful rebellious though. They are the worst IMO, they take and do without feeling guilt or remorse.  

*Although, If a willful rebellious says they are sinning and know they are sinning and don't try to act like they aren't then I actually do feel more love toward them. Sometimes people are struggling. Their demons seem to have a strangle hold on them. I completely understand how we ALL get knocked repeatedly ,AT TIMES, in certain areas we are working on. The key is to keep working at it and improving. Tackling the sin head on with the help of The Lord, our leaders, family and doing the gospel basics to build back our foundations. 

Edited by Overwatch

On 6/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, Overwatch said:

Me neither

ummm... I disagree. Coke and non gambling card games are not the same as permanently defiling your body with a tattoo

Good point bringing this up. I really don't know why they aren't

Good for you

I really have no idea what you mean about this. Christ was constantly teaching.

I talk about others if I am planning to help or intervene (legally and ethically of course)

That sucks. The more I look the more I realize there are some pretty crappy people on earth. It helps me be even more grateful for the angels and true saints that I meet. Do I stop serving those who are lost because of ignorance? Nope. I do have less tolerance for willful rebellious though. They are the worst IMO, they take and do without feeling guilt or remorse.  

*Although, If a willful rebellious says they are sinning and know they are sinning and don't try to act like they aren't then I actually do feel more love toward them. Sometimes people are struggling. Their demons seem to have a strangle hold on them. I completely understand how we ALL get knocked repeatedly ,AT TIMES, in certain areas we are working on. The key is to keep working at it and improving. Tackling the sin head on with the help of The Lord, our leaders, family and doing the gospel basics to build back our foundations. 

Some one believes I am a really bad person . We must be like Christ 

On 6/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, Overwatch said:

I have traveled the world but still tried to remain faithful to my Christian beliefs

I saw that and did appreciate that

None of my business that you don't have one but since you mentioned it get one again. Lots of work to be done. I have to start going to the one nearest me, which is a few hours away but there is work to be done.

(I still think not being able to drink coffee and being able to get tattoos doesn't make sense)

Why thank you.

I have three tattoos.  A turtle, a shark and an eagle.   And planning on building around the shark with multiple other fish.    I also have had many callings In the Church.   I love serving the Lord and my fellow brothers and sisters. 

It is not a commandment to not get a tattoo.   It is not against any commandment to get a second ear ring in the ear either.   Don’t judge unrighteously and you won’t receive unrighteousness judgement.  

It would be interesting to hear your view of homosexuals attending the temple and teaching your kids in primary.......now that it’s ok to be gay, as long as you don’t act on it, whatever that means......or is that ok with your flavor of Mormonism.

53 minutes ago, Pressing Forward said:

I have three tattoos.  A turtle, a shark and an eagle.   And planning on building around the shark with multiple other fish.

Cool story bro

I also have had many callings In the Church.   I love serving the Lord and my fellow brothers and sisters.

Nice! Have a cookie.

It is not a commandment to not get a tattoo.   It is not against any commandment to get a second ear ring in the ear either

We are commanded to not defile our bodies. 

54 minutes ago, Pressing Forward said:

Don’t judge unrighteously and you won’t receive unrighteousness judgement

From who? You? 

55 minutes ago, Pressing Forward said:

It would be interesting to hear your view of homosexuals attending the temple and teaching your kids in primary.......now that it’s ok to be gay, as long as you don’t act on it, whatever that means

hmm

56 minutes ago, Pressing Forward said:

or is that ok with your flavor of Mormonism

Like you care bruh

@Pressing Forward Defile your body all you want bro. You don't need my approval or permission. 

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Pressing Forward said:

I have three tattoos.  A turtle, a shark and an eagle.   And planning on building around the shark with multiple other fish.  

Sounds great my friend! God bless you! 

When my niece was about 8 (her dad was soooooo inactive, thus she was not raised in the church) she saw a young couple in tank tops, shorts with tattoos all over their bodies. She looked at them, looked up at me, and then remarked rather loudly: Look, Auntie Iggy, they are Memo Pads!

Yep, out of the mouth of an innocent child ~ they are indeed Memo Pads.

50 minutes ago, Iggy said:

When my niece was about 8 (her dad was soooooo inactive, thus she was not raised in the church) she saw a young couple in tank tops, shorts with tattoos all over their bodies. She looked at them, looked up at me, and then remarked rather loudly: Look, Auntie Iggy, they are Memo Pads!

Yep, out of the mouth of an innocent child ~ they are indeed Memo Pads.

Haha this story is awesome!

I really don't know what to say to people, getting offended that I think that permanently drawing on yourself for fun is defiling your body. It's almost as if they want me to say that it is a holy thing. Sitting or laying down on a work bench while someone injects your body with ink by repeatedly stabbing you over and over with needles. I feel like the world has lost its mind

Guest Godless
9 hours ago, Overwatch said:

I really don't know what to say to people, getting offended that I think that permanently drawing on yourself for fun is defiling your body. It's almost as if they want me to say that it is a holy thing. 

Perhaps they'd prefer that you do what you please with your own body and respect their choice to do the same.

1 hour ago, Godless said:

Perhaps they'd prefer that you do what you please with your own body and respect their choice to do the same.

Holding an opinion against tattoos isn't disrespecting their right to their choices.  It's expressing an opinion.  Sometimes people argue back because a) this is an Internet forum and that's how it works and b) who wouldn't want to try and change his mind by providingntheir own view?

In any case, @Overwatch does not owe anybody's choices his respect.