Profundity

Wouldn't it be amazing to see all the spiritual support we have received or rejected from the viewpoint of the Lord.

E.g. "Today I attempted to give [fill in your name] the inspiration to visit Sister Faith Thompson around the corner from him. I was very sad that he chose to watch an episode of that inappropriate show instead." 

I will die soon, within about four decades at absolute most, and probably well before that. Maybe tonight. Who knows? And on that soon-to-be day when I stand before my Maker, I will show him a veritable litany of unfulfilled potential and wasted opportunities. How can I face him? How will I stand the shame? If I am to stand clean and justified before my Creator, I have only one possible hope.

16 hours ago, Vort said:

I will die soon, within about four decades at absolute most, and probably well before that. Maybe tonight. Who knows? And on that soon-to-be day when I stand before my Maker, I will show him a veritable litany of unfulfilled potential and wasted opportunities. How can I face him? How will I stand the shame? If I am to stand clean and justified before my Creator, I have only one possible hope.

Wait... is that a song?

Ok, I'm making it so.  It's a song.  And in its honor, I'll continue the song theme:

Can you feel me inside your heart as its beating?  Why can't you believe you can be loved?  I hear you scream in agony and the horse stampedes and rages in the name of desperation.  Is it all just wasted time?  Can you look at yourself when you think of what you've left behind?  I never thought you'd let it get this far, boy.

I am under the impression that very few have much of a handle on what is going to happen during the time following our death and the moment that we stand before G-d for the final judgment.   If it was just a matter of embarrassing  everybody for everything they did wrong - there would be no purpose or reason for even a second before we are judged.   Consider this possibility - the reason there is time and that Alma said there must be time is so that those that have regrets - can do something about it.

Then as I understand, those whose hearts are Celestial and have address their regrets in a celestial manner - will go first and present their efforts to G-d - when they and G-d agree that their efforts are complete (whole and perfect) they will move on and become a Celestial resurrected being or what-ever else that they have worked so hard to achieved for how many billions of years they took to accomplish it.

The Traveler

9 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Can you feel me inside your heart as its beating?  Why can't you believe you can be loved?  I hear you scream in agony and the horse stampedes and rages in the name of desperation.  Is it all just wasted time?  Can you look at yourself when you think of what you've left behind?  I never thought you'd let it get this far, boy.

You know that skid road is a Seattle thing, right?

Just now, anatess2 said:

Whaaat?  I thought it was an LA thing!  I'VE BEEN DUPED!

In all truth, I have a hard time imagining a city with a more sordid and unpleasant past than Seattle. I honestly believe that Seattle's ignominious history has a lot to do with its present state and mindset.

Just now, Vort said:

In all truth, I have a hard time imagining a city with a more sordid and unpleasant past than Seattle. I honestly believe that Seattle's ignominious history has a lot to do with its present state and mindset.

Can't y'all claim they all came from Vancouver?

4 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Can't y'all claim they all came from Vancouver?

Aw, leave poor Vancouver alone. They have to deal with being right across the Columbia from Portland.

Wait, do you mean Vancouver, BC? Is that, you know, a real thing? The maps I've seen tell me that there is nothing between northern Washington and southern Alaska but an undistinguished red blob.

9 hours ago, Vort said:

giphy.gif

And then submit it for possible inclusion in the new hymnal?

_____

On the original topic of this thread, I will say that is often uncomfortable to think about. How many more people could I have helped in my life if I were better at recognizing and quickly responding to promptings?