Tampering with votes

Traveler

I find this most interesting.  Just for information - I stated before that I am from a political family.  My first real experience with politics was working on a campaign.  While involved I discovered criminal activity but I did not say what it was.  I left the Republican Party because of tampering with ballots.  I reported this to the FBI but no one was ever convicted.  I also reported this to both the Deseret News and Tribune - neither of which would report the incident.  I left the Republican Party because of this and now they are blaming the Democrats.   It does not surprise me that Democrats also tamper with ballots.  When I posted this before - I did not provide the information about what was going on.  This is because historically when I have told of Republican criminal behavior - no one would believe me - that the Utah Republican Party could be corrupt.  For a long time I have been concerned about political parties not just that the law was broken but that no one would do anything about it - and that was 50 years ago.

The Traveler

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

I find this most interesting.  Just for information - I stated before that I am from a political family.  My first real experience with politics was working on a campaign.  While involved I discovered criminal activity but I did not say what it was.  I left the Republican Party because of tampering with ballots.  I reported this to the FBI but no one was ever convicted.  I also reported this to both the Deseret News and Tribune - neither of which would report the incident.  I left the Republican Party because of this and now they are blaming the Democrats.   It does not surprise me that Democrats also tamper with ballots.  When I posted this before - I did not provide the information about what was going on.  This is because historically when I have told of Republican criminal behavior - no one would believe me - that the Utah Republican Party could be corrupt.  For a long time I have been concerned about political parties not just that the law was broken but that no one would do anything about it - and that was 50 years ago.

The Traveler

Well, the RNC has been legally barred from “ballot security measures” for 3 decades due to DNC court wins on allegations of voter fraud against the RNC.

17 hours ago, bytebear said:

I work in fuzzy data every day.  People are constantly wanting exact counts of things.  Things that you think would be easy to count.  It's not.  Ballots are far more complex in terms of counting than what I count.  Just getting a valid list of eligible voters is impossible.

One has to wonder if the complexity and difficulty is by design?  As an expert in automation - human intervention (especially outside of parameters) can easily make simple things complex and impossible.

The Traveler

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Tyme said:

Both sides do it.

Both sides do it, but it's only an injustice to society when the side I don't like does it. 

You raise a great point though @Tyme. In politics, morality changes when the side you want to win needs it. Liberals claim to want to count every vote-but if the vote is from a rural area, they do their best to suppress the vote by any means they can. Conservatives claim to want to stop the recount-but demand every vote is counted in rural counties. Maybe even twice. 

Welcome to politics, where mature people realize these things. Immature or foolish people claim that only their side has morals. 

Edited by MormonGator

2 hours ago, Tyme said:

Both sides do it. That makes it fair right? I still can’t get over how Jeb stole the election for his brother. An example of dems doing it was Wasserman stealing the election from her opponent.

Yes, both sides do it.  And it is wrong for both sides.  So, as far as voter fraud goes, it is what it is.  And we don't seem to have much power to stop it.  I don't like it any more than you do.  But what can we realistically do?

What bothers me about what the Dems have been doing lately is how they completely deny what everyone clearly sees that they are doing.  If Republicans get caught in something illegal, they usually cop to it and bow out.  Dems?  We could have video evidence of them breaking every law in the book and they would still deny it.  And the media would support them in it.

While voter fraud it terrible, and yes, both sides do it.  What bugs me on top of that is this utter lack of shame on the side of the Democrats.

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

But my mommy and daddy say I can grow up just like you.

You lack my hairstyle, my amazing ability to connect with people, my wonderful music taste, my vast riches , deep intellect, sparkling wit and winning smile. 

Other than that, we are clones. 

4 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

You lack my hairstyle, my amazing ability to connect with people, my wonderful music taste, my vast riches , deep intellect, sparkling wit and winning smile. 

Other than that, we are clones. 

I also don't possess your Socratic humility.  Other than that, I thought you were describing me.

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Carborendum said:

I also don't possess your Socratic humility.  Other than that, I thought you were describing me.

It would be a crime against humanity if someone as wonderful as I am was humble. 

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

It would be a crime against humanity if someone as wonderful as I am was humble. 

And, yet, here we are.  I guess your crime against humanity is your Persian Flaw.

12 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

You would think it's my constant attempt at world domination. 

Wait!  You're into world domination too?  I thought I was the only one!  So, do you have your ticket for the Dr. Evil summer convention yet?

10 minutes ago, zil said:

But do either of you accept Medicaid?

Little known fun fact: On the Austin Powers DVD deleted scenes, it explains something that I found peculiar in the movie.

One of the scenes shows Austin fighting with a henchman. The henchman gets thrown somewhere in which he breaks something and dies.  The camera zooms in on his name tag, which Austin looks at.  End of scene.

The deleted scene shows an insurance guy bringing the life insurance check to that henchman's family.  They explain that the father of two worked as a henchman for Dr. Evil.  They never realized it was so fraught with danger.  He only joined Dr. Evil for the benefits package.