The World Will End In 2012

MormonGirl02

The other possible effect that this may have on the Earth is with its wobble (Lookup Chandlers wobble) This polarity change may create a pause in the earths wobble(Spin) and if that happens (Well lets say it just adds on to the already mentioned natural disasters) Although this latter theory is more speculation, there is a great possibility that it can happen.

Don't forget about the cumulative effect of all that Jell-O. That could cause some potential problems as well. Best to continuously monitor the cloggers at the Y.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mayan calandar ends in 2012 because they got bored and tired of all that carving. "Look, we'll all be dead by then anyaway, right? Let's knock off and make some cool statues"...

its either 2012 or according to Al Gore we now have a little over 6yrs left before we all burn up....either way we are doomed....

2,000? You mean I missed it?

Alot of the old 60s and 70s software had no provision to convert the system date from 19xx to 20xx. Strangely enough, the worst software that is king for the old corporate world was Cobol Language. Learning it in was stuff for me since it is considered long structured code language vive on what we see today as to Visual C+ or even Visual Cobol. :D

The Mayans/Lamanites were blessed by having vast knowledge of the heavens. They were a civilization that was way ahead of their time. They were able to predict the Moons orbit and were only off by 34 seconds. They also predicted all Celestial movements, Lunar and Solar eclipses from 3114 BC until 2012 BC.

I don't believe they really did but was received under the hands of those who were enlightened and may had converted from the Jaredites, Mulekites, or even the last surviving Nephites to become a Lamanite in preserving there own lives. Even John Pratt [most well verse person alive in religious and culture calendars] concurs on this statement, knowing it was not the work of the Nephites or even the Lamanites but as I previously stated, it was Enoch Calendar that the Jaredites borrowed.

Why is it that they say the world ends in 2012? Well for (supposedly) 30 Million years the Earth has traveled above the Galactic plane of our Galaxy. So during this time nothing was disturbed in the Earth. It has kept its polarities, its spin and its cycle has always been the same ....always. That is why the Mayans were so accurate in their predictions. Everything kept its course.

More like science speculation. There is no proof or even evidence this was the case. Yes! I know a few here and many in the Astro Physics community, will try to cast stones but there is no actual proof but what was based on a current model. Even this earth, was not created in this solar system but was pushed here. Now if I can point back to the Joseph Smith and perhaps others who had received enlightenment regarding this subject, we can weigh against the story of worlds and spirits into one theme. If Telestial beings cannot abide terrestrial glory then a terrestrial formed world cannot abide in telestial glory worlds. This is why when the earth moves from our current telestial glory into the terrestrial glory, it will be moved back to that area of the galaxy where terrestrials’ worlds exist. We do know today, the magnetic polar cores, are always in constantly moving and there is no exact one spot. As you may be alluding too, there may be a quick adjustment that will realign the earth to its regular polar position. I did noticed with those stellars that were built prior to Christ death, were pointed towards the north were off by 10[-/+] degrees from those stellars built afterwards. I don’t think the Mayans were correct but what Enoch saw and created such a calendar in order to keep a record of time. Even though I am not a scholar in this field, there are others out there that have the same consensus on this subject.

In the year 2012 we will experience something that no one in our time or in our dispensation will ever experience again, The Earth will cross the Galactic plane.

What does this mean and what will happen? Well many scientists say that the Earths polarities will be shifted, in other words the Magnetic North will not be where it is currently located. This shift will cause the earth to become unstable, the waters boundaries will change, Big Tsunamis, Earthquakes, hurricanes and many volcano eruptions will ensue. (These Hurricanes and tsunamis that are happening now, are just setting a precedence of what is to come)

Remember, there is a greater force here than the earth and it is called the priesthood. What we blame nature for maybe a person who brought forth such calamities for a purpose; as the same power of the priesthood can control weather and nature itself.

So in conclusion, this is the reason why the Mayans said that the world would end in 2012. They were not able to see beyond this year because of what was going to happen.

Not having a single living Prophet, noting there own hatred towards each other after the removal of the Nephite culture, or being enlightened as a culture, pure speculation. Not likely….media or speculations on what was inherited or found among there own ruins.

I consider myself to have a strong testimony and faith and I know something like this will occur soon because we are in the last days. I know that if not myself, for sure my children will see the coming of the savior and they will not reach the age of 30 when this will happen (please don't ask my children's age) I'm in my late 30s. I have hope that I will live to see His second coming.

Concur…we may not know the hour but we may know the time frame.

Again, thanks for your excellent post.

excerpt: Rush to prepare

The race is on for better forecasting abilities, as the next peak in solar activity is expected to come around 2012.

While the sun is in a lull now, activity can flare up at any moment, and severe space weather — how severe, nobody knows — will ramp up a year or two before the peak.

Some scientists expect the next peak to bring more severe events than other recent peaks.

"A catastrophic failure of commercial and government infrastructure in space and on the ground can be mitigated through raising public awareness, improving vulnerable infrastructure and developing advanced forecasting capabilities," the report states. "Without preventive actions or plans, the trend of increased dependency on modern space-weather sensitive assets could make society more vulnerable in the future."

The report was commissioned and funded by NASA. Experts from around the world in industry, government and academia participated. It was released this week.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mayans/Lamanites were blessed by having vast knowledge of the heavens. They were a civilization that were way ahead of their time. They were able to predict the Moons orbit and were only off by 34 seconds. They also predicted all Celestial movements, Lunar and Solar eclipses from 3114 BC until 2012 BC.

Why is it that they say the world ends in 2012? Well for (supposedly) 30 Million years the Earth has traveled above the Galactic plane of our Galaxy. So during this time nothing was disturbed in the Earth. It has kept its polarities, its spin and its cycle has always been the same ....always. That is why the Mayans were so accurate in their predictions. Everything kept its course.

In the year 2012 we will experience something that no one in our time or in our dispensation will ever experience again, The Earth will cross the Galactic plane.

What does this mean and what will happen? Well many scientists say that the Earths polarities will be shifted, in other words the Magnetic North will not be where it is currently located. This shift will cause the earth to become unstable, the waters boundaries will change, Big Tsunamis, Earthquakes, hurracanes and many volcano eruptions will ensue. (These Hurracanes and tsunamis that are happening now, are just setting a precedence of what is to come)

It is said that polar shifts have happened at least twice in recorded history. There are ancient Egyptian and Chinese writings that talk of the sun setting in the east, and rising in the west.

The other possible effect that this may have on the Earth is with its wobble (Lookup Chandlers wobble) This polarity change may create a pause in the earths wobble(Spin) and if that happens (Well lets say it just adds on to the already mentioned natural disasters) Although this latter theory is more speculation, there is a great possibility that it can happen.

So in conclusion, this is the reason why the Mayans said that the world would end in 2012. They were not able to see beyond this year because of what was going to happen.

As LDS, we all know that we've been told to keep at least a years worth of non perishable canned goods and supplies for our family. We've been told to be prepared, to be able to have the necessary things in case we were to loose electricity, gas or water.

And most of all we've all been told to be prepared spiritually because of catastrophies of these magnitudes were to happen, Only the spiritually strong would be able to survive something like this.

I consider myself to have a strong testimony and faith and I know something like this will occur soon because we are in the last days. I know that if not myself, for sure my children will see the coming of the savior and they will not reach the age of 30 when this will happen (please don't ask my children's age) I'm in my late 30s. I have hope that I will live to see His second coming.

Anyways, I'm attaching some visuals and please feel free to ask any questions.

The History Channel had a special on this called Nostradamus 2012. It is believed that we will also be in perfect alignment of a black hole and that is why our poles will shift. I am not sure how much of that is nonsense or truth, but it was interesting. Especially in light of the Hadron Collider.

The Hadron Collider is basically one helluva machine that was built in an attempt to duplicate on a tiny scale the Big Bang. In doing so super tiny black holes were formed and disappeared.

Large Hadron Collider: Best- and Worst-Case Scenarios | Wired Science from Wired.com

If The Large Hadron Collider Produced A Microscopic Black Hole, It Probably Wouldn't Matter

What is not talked about and is denied is that earthquakes happened on the same day or the day after it was turned on, which was early morning September 10th. The collider had some electrical problems and is put on hold until May. Here are the major earthquakes that occurred, not all of which were reported very well in the media.

A 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck in northern Chile on September 10, 2008. The center of the quake was near the town of Pica. The quake struck near the town of Pica and about 63 miles from the city Iquique.4Collahuasi, a large copper mine near Iquique, was not affected.

Source: Chile Earthquake - Mahalo

Powerful Earthquake Rattles Indonesia

By NINIEK KARMINI, Associated Press | September 10, 2008

JAKARTA, Indonesia � A powerful earthquake rattled northeastern Indonesia today, triggering a tsunami alert and sending panicked residents fleeing from their homes, officials said.

The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 6.6 and struck 55 miles beneath the Molucca Sea, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

Indonesia's seismological agency said it had a magnitude of 7.6. The agency immediately issued a tsunami alert over the radio and television.

Source: Powerful Earthquake Rattles Indonesia - September 10, 2008 - The New York Sun

A 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck Japan on September 11, 2008, that may have been felt as far away as Indonesia. Tsunami warnings had been issued in response.

(This probably related to the quake in Indonesia)

Source: Japan Earthquake - Mahalo

and

Large earthquakes reported in Indonesia and Japan - Wikinews, the free news source

Wednesday, 10 September 2008 22:58 UK

Earthquake strikes southern Iran

Iranian state TV broke the news within minutes of the quake

A quake measuring 6.1 has struck near the south Iranian city of Bandar Abbas, killing seven people and injuring at least 40, Iranian state media report.

US monitors recorded it at 0630 (1100 GMT), at a depth of 15km (9.3 miles), 60km (35 miles) west of the city which is home to a major oil refinery.

Source: BBC NEWS | Middle East | Earthquake strikes southern Iran

Is this really a coincidence? I doubt it.

Well, the IPCC is now saying that the earth will go through a "cooling phase" for the next 25 to 30 years, so we're back to Global Cooling!

Because of a shift in ocean currents. It will simply mask the effects of Global Warming.

Global cooling theories put scientists on guard | Environment | Reuters

Global Warming refers to temperature increases in the troposphere, which in turn can cause climate change. Natural changes, human activities, or both can cause such warming.

Global climate change is a broader term that refers to changes in any aspects to he earth's climate, including temperature, precipitation, and storm intensity and patterns.

The AVERAGE global temperature of the troposphere near the earth's surface has risen 1.1 Fahrenheit for the entire globe and .8 on the continents. The 20th century was the warmest century in 1000 years and the ten warmest years since 1861 has occurred after 1990. Note, it says AVERAGE. There are bound to be some nice super cool years in the individual samples, but put together there is still an increase in temperature.

The issue is how fast the temperature is rising. The faster it rises the more dramatic the changes in the climate. This does not mean that the entire earth is going to be all warmed up. It means some places are going to be warmer and others cooler, which is why you're going to get snow in Las Vegas and why the ice caps are melting with polar bears dying because of it.

Our thoughtless human activities are what's causing the increase of natural disasters and such in the last days. Global Warming and the Hadron Collider are part of it. So is ingesting harmful substances, and yes, caffeine counts. Harmful substances muck with our brains destroying our ability to think clearly and to be receptive the spirit. For more on the brain refer to the thread I started about The Brain (vids) and how it relates to the Gospel.

Ummm, maybe you need to read this vision from president of the church, John Taylor.

(please be advised that this is detailed and may be uncomfortable to read):

This is a vision John Taylor saw of events that are still to come. From the journal of Wilford Woodruff (Dec 16, 1877).

This is a vision John Taylor saw of events that are still to come. From the journal of Wilford Woodruff (Dec 16, 1877).

I went to bed as usual at about 7:30PM. I had been read*ing a revela*tion in the French lan*guage. My mind was calm, more so than usual if possible, so I composed myself for sleep, but could not. I felt a strange feeling come over me and apparently be*came partially uncon*scious. Still I was not asleep, nor ex*actly awake, with dreary feeling. The first thing that I recognized was that I was in the tabernacle of Ogden, Utah. I was sit*ting in the back part of the build*ing for fear they would call on me to preach, which however they did, for after sing*ing the second time they called me to the stand.

I arose to speak and said that I did*n't know that I had anything es*pecially to say, ex*cept to bear my tes*timony of the Latter-day work, when all at once it seemed as if I was lifted out of myself and I said, "Yes, I have something to say and that is this: Some of my brethren have been ask*ing, "What is be*coming of us? What is the wind blowing?" I will answer you right here what is coming very shortly."

I was then in a dream, im*mediately in the city of Salt Lake, and wandering around in the streets and in all parts of the city, and on the doors of the houses I found badges of mourn*ing and I could not find a house but was in mourning. I passed my own house and found the same sign there, and I asked the ques*tion, "Is that me that is dead?" Someone gave me the an*swer, "No, you will get through it all."

It seemed strange to me that I saw no person in the streets in all my wan*dering around the coun*try. I seemed to be in their houses with the sick, but saw no funeral proces*sion, nor anything of the kind, but the city looking still and as though the people were praying. And it seemed that they had controlled the dis*ease, but what the dis*ease was I did not learn; it was not made known to me. I then looked over the country, north, east, south, and west, and the same mourning was in every land and in every place.

The next thing I knew I was just this side of Omaha. It seemed though I was above the earth, and look*ing down upon it. As I passed along upon my way east I saw the road full of people, mostly women, with just what they could carry in bundles on their backs, trav*eling to the moun*tains on foot. I won*dered how they would get through with such a small pack on their backs. It was re*markable to us[?] that there were so few men among them. It didn't seem to me as though the cars were run*ning, the rails looked rusty and the roads aban*doned; and I have no con*ception of how I traveled as I looked down upon the peo*ple.

I continued east by the way of Omaha and Council Bluffs, which were full of disease. There were women every*where. The state of Illinois and Mis*souri were in a tumult, men killing one an*other, women joining the fight*ing, fam*ily against family in the most horrid manner.

I imagined next that I was in Wash*ington and I found desola*tion there. The White House was empty and the Halls of Congress the same, and everything in ru*ins. The people seemed to have left the city and left it to take care of itself.

I was in Baltimore. In the square where the Monument of 1812 stands in front of the Char*les Hotel. I saw dead piled up so as to fill the street square. I saw mothers cutting the throats of their own children for their blood. I saw them ###### it from their throats to quench their own thirst and then lie down and die. The water of Che*sapeake Bay was stagnant, and the stench arising from it on ac*count of their throw*ing their bod*ies into it so terrible, that the very smell carried death with it. I saw no man ex*cept they were dead or dying in the streets and very few women. Those I saw were crazy and in an ugly condi*tion. Everywhere I went I beheld the same sights all over the city; it was terrible be*yond description to look upon.

I thought this must be the end; but no, I was seemingly in an instant in the city of Philadel*phia. There eve*rything was still. No living soul was there to greet me. It seemed the whole city was with*out any inhabi*tants. In the south of Chestnut Street and in fact everywhere I went, the putrefaction of the dead caused such a stench that it was impos*sible for any living thing to breathe, nor did I see any living thing in the city.

Next I found myself in Broadway, in the city of New York, and there it seemed the people had done the best they could to overcome the disease, but in wandering down Broad*way I saw the bodies of beautiful women lying, some dead and oth*ers in a dy*ing condition, on the sidewalks. I saw men come out of cellars and ravish the per*sons of some that were yet alive and then kill them and rob their bodies of all the valu*ables they had upon them. Then before they could get back to the cellar they would roll over a time or two and die in ag*ony. In some of the back streets I saw them kill some of their own offspring and eat their raw flesh, and in a few minutes die them*selves. Every*where I went I saw the same scene of horror and de*struction and death and rap*ine.

No car*riages, buggies, or cars were running; but death and de*struc*tion were every*where. Then I saw fire start and just at that moment a mighty East wind sprang up and car*ried the flames over the city and it burned until there was not a sin*gle building left standing there, even down to the waters edge. Wharves and shipping all seemed to burn and follow in common destruction where the "great city" was a short time ago. The stench from the bodies that were burn*ing was so great that it was carried a long dis*tance cross the Hudson Bay and carried death and destruction wherever it pene*trated. I cannot paint in words the horror that seemed to compass me about; it was beyond description of man.

I sup*posed this was the end; but it was not. I was given to understand the same horror was being en*acted all over the coun*try, east, west, north, and south. Few were left alive, still there were some.

Immediately after I seemed to be standing on the left bank of the Mis*souri River, opposite e the City of In*de*pendence, but there was no city. I saw the whole state of Missouri and Illi*nois and all of Iowa, a complete desert with no living being there. A short dis*tance from the river how*ever, I saw twelve men dressed in temple robes, stand*ing in a square or nearly so (and I under*stood it repre*sented the Twelve Gates of the New Jerusa*lem.) Their hands were uplifted in consecration of the ground and lay*ing the corner stone of the tem*ple. I saw myraids of an*gels hovering over them, and saw also an immense pil*lar of clouds over them and heard the angels singing the most heav*enly music. The words were "Now is estab*lished the King*dom of God and his Christ, which shall never more be thrown down."

I saw people com*ing from the river and from the desert places a long way off to help build the temple and it seemed that hosts of an*gels all helped to get material to build with and I saw some of them who wore temple clothes come and build the tem*ple and the city, and all the time I saw the great pillar of clouds hovering over the place.

Instantly, however, I found my*self again in the taber*nacle at Ogden. And yet, I could still see the building go on and I got quite animated in call*ing on the people in the tabernacle to listen to the beautiful music, for the an*gels were singing the same music I had heard be*fore. "Now is estab*lished the King*dom of God and his Christ, which shall never more be thrown down."

At this I seemed to stagger back from the pulpit and Brother Francis D. Richards and some others caught my arm and prevented me from falling. Then I fin*ished so abruptly. Still even then I had not fainted, but was simply ex*hausted.

They I rolled over in bed and awoke just as the city clock was strik*ing twelve.

Thank you for this. I have not read it before. Where did you find it?

Also, have you read There Is No Death by Sarah Menet? She committed suicide but she didn't die. Instead she received a vision was given a second chance at life and years later she was given a blessing by faith from a priest who said that her life was being spared so that her voice could be heard. So she wrote this book. She described much of what Taylor has described. I read the book and felt the Spirit bear witness to me that her experience was real and is real and pertains to us now.

It is evidence that God is pouring out his Spirit upon his servants, even if they do not know they are his servants. Ms Menet had no idea. She later btw, was baptized into the LDS church.