What is your favorite temple?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nine (9) temples do not have an angel Moroni. They are the St. George Utah, Logan Utah, Manti Utah, Laie Hawaii, Cardston Alberta, Mesa Arizona, Hamilton New Zealand, London England, and Oakland California Temples.Interesting Facts About LDS (Mormon) Temples

England this year receive the statue of Moroni until it was strike by Lightening. ^_^

I was in the outside tent at the open house of the Oquirre Mountain Temple when it was hit by lightening. I didn't know until I heard the news, and then I looked at my photos and sure enough, I have before and after shots.

My favorite temples are the old victorian styles, St. George, Manti, Logan and Salt Lake. I also love the San Diego style. It really isn't a huge temple, but the location and the massive spires make it look much bigger than it is.

But, I think my all time favorite is the Los Angeles temple. It was the largest temple ever built, and would still hold the title if the Salt Lake Temple wasn't expanded with additional sealing rooms. It is also the last temple to be built with a solemn assembly hall, so I believe it will have special significance in future gospel events.

Washington Temple. I traveled on a school bus at age 14 from Gatlinburg tennessee, it was awesome! Did baptisms and it was the most spiritual temple event in my life thus far. (Goes to show yes at age 14 one can truly receive).

Second is SLC where I was sealed.

Third is the Oquirrh mountain temple for it's endowment rooms. I love them!

Ps. How do I get the pictures inside the message and not at a attachment????????????

Edited by martybess

Posted Image

I'm partial to the Oakland Temple. The view from it is even more dramatic than in the picture. It looks out over the whole bay, it's probably the prettiest view of San Fransisco from anywhere.

San Diego is a close second, it looks like sugar crystals.

Oakland is the closest temple to me. I love visiting it!

In my original post I said SLC was my favorite... but now I like San Diego or Portland

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's cool how the Portland temple is slightly hidden in the trees.

Oakland is the closest temple to me. I love visiting it!

In my original post I said SLC was my favorite... but now I like San Diego or Portland

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's cool how the Portland temple is slightly hidden in the trees.

Have you been to the Portland temple? The grounds are gorgeous, and it really is tucked into the trees. You can see it from the I-5, but when you're driving down the residential street to actually get to it, you can't see it until you're upon it, because the pine trees around it are so tall.

And to answer the original question: I LOOOOOOVE Oakland. Love it love it love it. I was sealed there, as were all my siblings, my parents, my grandparents, and all of my cousins on my mom's side. I LOVE going there.

Second place would be Timpanogos, where I got my Endowments. The first time I saw it my husband-to-be drove me past it, middle of November, at night, with snow falling. Gorgeous.