Who would you invite?

breeb

Ok this is going to be the 2nd time I mention Golden Girls on these forums, but I watched an episode last night where Rose is at a dinner party for college professors. She's asked "If you were having dinner and could invite only 2 people living or dead who would it be?" Her answer was something like (I cant remember word for word) "I would want it to be my 2 best friends, but would it be ok if Jesus came for desert?" Obviously for the humor the intellectuals walked away annoyed. Well it got me thinking. Who would I invite? I think right now I would want Joseph and Emma Smith to be my two guests. I just have so many questions about how they felt personally durring the restoration.

So here's my question. Who would you invite and why? Doesnt have to be spiritual. Could be anyone. The reason I picked Joseph and Emma is because I have just recently become very interested in church history. A couple months ago Jerry Seinfeld would probably have been one of them. (I think he'd be a fun conversationalist.)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GhostRider

Well...since He is with us always....

wow toughie here

Mary because I have so many questions about Christs childhood.

And the other....Would have to say after a lot of thinking...Lehi...So many questions there

For desert....Would ask The Prophet Joeseph Smith and his wife to join us! ok..that mightbe cheating..but got it from Rose!

My Cuban grandmother just died on Thursday.

I would invite her. I need to fill the gaps of my Cuban family history. She has been out of her mind for several years with severe cancer. So, getting much out of her wasn't possible while she was alive.

The other person would be C.S. Lewis. I would love to ask him questions about his writings, his life, and I am curious to know what he thinks about everything now, since he has been in the Spirit World.

Those are my two.

~TG