You are probably LDS if...

Gretchen

• 2 months later...

Dravin wrote:

I have often wondered the same thing...only in Utah can you find extra mild salsa (tomato sauce?) and kids who think breakfast cereal is too spicy. :)

I dunno. I've run into my fair share of Midwesterners who only use salt and pepper. And maybe cheese as a spice. Lots and lots of cheese.

Dahlia, Did I touch a nerve? My apologies, if so.

Not sure where you are aiming your comment (mine was aimed at white bread Utah folks)

but I am not Midwestern. There are currently 4 jars of salsa in my fridge, none of which have a heat level below Medium.

Anyhow...I think this started with Funeral Potatoes and perhaps green Jell-O garnished with carrot slices?

I was just saying that fear of spices isn't unique to Utah. My feelings aren't hurt. I'm from the East Coast. I'm black. I put hot sauce on everything. If it doesn't register on the Scoville scale, it's not worth eating. :D

My sister was out at a restaurant with a girlfriend when the woman pulled a little bottle of hot sauce from her purse. As we noted, that's when you know you're black - you carry your own hot sauce. :lol:

You better eat your steaks and hamburgers now because in Heaven, all animals, including cows will be immortal and the animals will be able to talk. Get use to fruits and vegetables.

Amen, brother!

I find it interesting that so many people want their dogs and cats in heaven with them, but don't think about the cows and pigs and chickens...

• 9 years later...
10 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Since I was not on the forum when this thread had its first life ( @prisonchaplain thanks for the resurrection) I've decided to add one.

If at your wedding, the bride isn't pregnant, but her mother is.

This brings to mind the sad story of a young couple who got married in church and then had their first child five months later. The oft-repeated comment was that they had broken the speed limit. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️ (They did repent, btw). 

49 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

This brings to mind the sad story of a young couple who got married in church and then had their first child five months later. The oft-repeated comment was that they had broken the speed limit. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️ (They did repent, btw). 

My grandmother's older sister was born seven months into her parents' marriage. (They later divorced.) The older sister was, of course, "premature". My grandmother enjoyed teasing her sister by saying that their parents' marriage was "postmature". Her father found this funny, but her older sister did not. I don't think she ever dared make this comment in front of her mother.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2013 at 9:42 AM, JodyTJ said:

You might be Mormon if, you somehow get "drunk" off of chocolate milk.

I love chocolate milk and apparently the college kids at BYU do to. :D

It suddenly dawns on me that the chocolate milk was spiked. Outside view here, but that's just wrong. :yuck: