An end or a beginning

Guest missingsomething

Guest missingsomething

Well,

Missingsomething has finally gotten brave enough to face the answered prayers she has received for months.

My husband, whom I still care for and do not hate, and I have decided to divorce. For now, its nice - and I hope we can keep it that way.

We have a relationship of mistakes, resentments, and finally grew so far apart. I have prayed about this extensively and will be in the temple this Saturday. I have received confirmation over and over that I have made the right decision and this is the course I need to be on.

As many of you know - he is not a member. That however is not the reason we are parting.

However, when I got a blessing on Sunday from the Stake pres... he gave me the "the church doesnt ever support divorce....you never give up on someone"... then stopped and said.... but I trust in you to make the right decision, as you have entered this decision after a year of humble prayer.

I have had many many more affirmations. But yet, I dont want to face my bishop - he has told another lady in the ward (whos husband is not a member and is having an affair) that she will need to repent if she leaves her husband. His views are very black and white on this.

Ive been here - feeling the need to get divorced for years....but I finally changed and said to god... instead of "please change my heart"... to "let me be strong enough for your will".

I am a private person and have not ever yielded to the desire to purge my "dirty laundry" here. But many of you have gotten to know me... some know the mask I wear.... and others -well, if I dont seem myself... its because i no longer have to pretend that Im great and Im good. So, just hang with me while I work through this - pray for me and my beautiful girls, and my good husband.

Missing something... hugs! Been there, done that.... God will help those who are faithful! Afer doing that I met a man, I never tought anyone could love someone so deeply... now after 20 years... we still together.

Guest missingsomething

Missing something... hugs! Been there, done that.... God will help those who are faithful! Afer doing that I met a man, I never tought anyone could love someone so deeply... now after 20 years... we still together.

Thank you Maya,

While I am very afraid to ever to this again, I also know its part of my Heavenly Fathers plan for me and only hope I am half as lucky.

I respectfully disagree with your Stake President. There are instances where the Church DOES support divorce. I don't know your circumstances, but I do know "Men are that they might have joy" 2 Nephi 2:25. If you have prayed, God knows what is in your heart.

I have never believed there is only one person in the world for us.

Please just be aware that Heavenly Father will often give us an "Ok" & confirmation to our prayers even if what we want & pray for is against his will for us. (Remember Joseph Smith & the manuscript that was lost?) So just because we get a confirmation doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, but just that he is respecting our free agency & he will let us do what we want. He never forces us to do right & keep our covenants & reap the blessings. Sacrifice is always a choice.

Edited by foreverafter

Guest missingsomething

Heavenly Father will often give us an "Ok" & confirmation to our prayers even if what we want & pray for is against his will for us. (Remember Joseph Smith & the manuscript that was lost?) So just because we get a confirmation doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, but just that he is respecting our free agency & he will let us do what we want. He never forces us to do right & keep our covenants & reap the blessings. Sacrifice is always a choice.

So glad to hear there are still Bishops & Stake Presidents who understand the gospel.

I respectfully disagree with you - if I were praying to get divorced you would be accurate. I was actually not praying for that. It was only when I prayed for His will...that this came about.

I certainly hope for your sake you are right -

Please just be aware that Heavenly Father will often give us an "Ok" & confirmation to our prayers even if what we want & pray for is against his will for us. (Remember Joseph Smith & the manuscript that was lost?) So just because we get a confirmation doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, but just that he is respecting our free agency & he will let us do what we want. He never forces us to do right & keep our covenants & reap the blessings. Sacrifice is always a choice.

Hi Missingsomething,

So sorry to hear about this....I know you didn't come to this decision easily. You should disregard foreverafter's comments, she is delusional. I wish you the best and will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

Missingsomething,

You will be in my thoughts and my prayers. As it relates to your bishop, remember though he does receive inspiration for the ward he is still just a man who can make mistakes and errors in judgment. I would talk to your Stake President about your concerns with your bishop, it sounds like he understands that you have not entered into this decision lightly. I wish you the best in all of this. *hugs*

Well,

Missingsomething has finally gotten brave enough to face the answered prayers she has received for months.

My husband, whom I still care for and do not hate, and I have decided to divorce. For now, its nice - and I hope we can keep it that way.

We have a relationship of mistakes, resentments, and finally grew so far apart. I have prayed about this extensively and will be in the temple this Saturday. I have received confirmation over and over that I have made the right decision and this is the course I need to be on.

As many of you know - he is not a member. That however is not the reason we are parting.

However, when I got a blessing on Sunday from the Stake pres... he gave me the "the church doesnt ever support divorce....you never give up on someone"... then stopped and said.... but I trust in you to make the right decision, as you have entered this decision after a year of humble prayer.

I have had many many more affirmations. But yet, I dont want to face my bishop - he has told another lady in the ward (whos husband is not a member and is having an affair) that she will need to repent if she leaves her husband. His views are very black and white on this.

Ive been here - feeling the need to get divorced for years....but I finally changed and said to god... instead of "please change my heart"... to "let me be strong enough for your will".

I am a private person and have not ever yielded to the desire to purge my "dirty laundry" here. But many of you have gotten to know me... some know the mask I wear.... and others -well, if I dont seem myself... its because i no longer have to pretend that Im great and Im good. So, just hang with me while I work through this - pray for me and my beautiful girls, and my good husband.

Is this a temple sealing divorce?

My father once told me that if I wanted things to change there are two things that I must make happen.

1. I must start doing something I have never done before.

2. I must stop doing some things I have always done before.

This sounds like the end of something and the beginning of something else. I hope that you do not have any children. And I hope you are successful at bringing about a positive change.

The Traveler

Guest missingsomething

My father once told me that if I wanted things to change there are two things that I must make happen.

1. I must start doing something I have never done before.

2. I must stop doing some things I have always done before.

This sounds like the end of something and the beginning of something else. I hope that you do not have any children. And I hope you are successful at bringing about a positive change.

The Traveler

Great advice. Your father is a wise man.