President Obama has REALLY messed up now....

bytor2112

Norfolk-based group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

:):) http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2009/06/peta-wishes-obama-hadnt-swatted-fly

The goal of PETA is to treat animals as much like people as possible right? If I just rushed into the Oval Office and ignored the Secret Service I'd be most likely killed, I'm just easier to hit with a bullet.

Of course that would be a hilarious sight, one agent tackles Obama to the ground and covers him with their body while another takes out a gun and shoots the intruding fly. :D

Did you hear about PETA's drive to try to rename fish as Sea Kittens? The purpose was to make it abhorrent to eat them - nobody wants to eat Sea Kittens...

or so they believe.

I'll eat my sea kittens still.

Did you hear about PETA's drive to try to rename fish as Sea Kittens? The purpose was to make it abhorrent to eat them - nobody wants to eat Sea Kittens...

or so they believe.

If they really want to be effective, they will say sea snoogies. No one would eat a snoogie, but as you so correctly pointed out, many will still desire to eat kittens.

or so they believe.

Quite frankly just to annoy PETA I'd be inclined to eat regular kittens if they annoyed me enough. :eek:

PETA has cried against the use of gas chambers in the killing of dogs and cats. At the same time, I was asked by a PETA volunteer to sign a petition for a federal law mandating that chickens be killed only in gas chambers. I guess the guys who make those chambers and the gas made a hefty donation.

-a-train

PETA: People Embarrassing Tidewater Area. I can say that, because I used to live in Virginia Beach. Between PETA and Pat Robertson's CBN, there was always something interesting in the local news.

So, if it's wrong to kill flies, is it also wrong to kill mosquitos, fleas, and other disease-carrying insects?

Should I allow the ants, and roaches to frolic happily without bothering them?

Is it now politically incorrect to squash bugs?

Who knows prisonchaplain.

Since there's a lot of "PETA-bashing" going on I'd like to state something. PETA is not the "leader" for vegans, nor do all vegans by any means support PETA.

Here's a friend of mine from Tasmania talking about PETA:

Even then, some vegans absolutely hate PETA.

Just wanted to state this to make sure none of you "bunch in" vegans as PETA supporters overall.

I was a vegan for a while, but I had to stop because my family didn't want to buy me the foods I needed (even though they would have saved money, as such a diet is cheaper) so for now I'm a "freegan" -- I essentially eat whatever I'm given. ;)

Who knows prisonchaplain.

Since there's a lot of "PETA-bashing" going on I'd like to state something. PETA is not the "leader" for vegans, nor do all vegans by any means support PETA.

Here's a friend of mine from Tasmania talking about PETA:

Even then, some vegans absolutely hate PETA.

Just wanted to state this to make sure none of you "bunch in" vegans as PETA supporters overall.

I was a vegan for a while, but I had to stop because my family didn't want to buy me the foods I needed (even though they would have saved money, as such a diet is cheaper) so for now I'm a "freegan" -- I essentially eat whatever I'm given. ;)

I would like to state, for the record:

All Vegans belong to PETA and PETA represents all Vegans.

You see, Vegans do not express agency like you or I. Instead, Vegan is a gestalt hivemind filled with creatures who seek to make you spend your love tickets on things like saving the whales.

PETA's wicked plan is apparent: When we are born, we are given only a certain number of love tickets. If we squander them with things like protecting whales and saving the planet, we'll end up killing and eating our parents.

PETA: They want us to kill our parents.