Pet Peeves

theoriginalavatar

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn signals on cars are something to use not to dangle all your cut little unused keychains on.

Nope they are for holding extra rubber bands in the summertime when your driving down the free way at 60 MPH and your hair flies out the window and you lose the rubberband that was in your hair =] , but I guess they work for turning too.

BTW I always use my turn signal.

One thing that really annoys me is the hypocracy of some dog lovers.

Now I've nothing against dogs. I've nothing against people who like them. I'm quite fond of dogs myself. Well maybe not the small yappy ones so much, but dogs in general are fine.

But what really annoys me is people who make a big song and dance over their dogs, scrunching up their faces in front of them and calling them pet names....and even this doesn't bother me *UNTIL* they start berating other people for enjoying the company of cats.

"Oh, you like cats? How can you like cats? Cats are....no. No No No!!! I hate cats! Hate hate HATE! Now dogs...Oh dogs...Oh, snooky wooky diddums..." etc.

It really gets my goat in a big way. It's sheer hypocracy, and I'm not saying that just because I tend to be a cat person. My wife generally prefers dogs though she did grow very fond of my cat Tabitha whom I had before we were married. I loved Tabitha very much. I had her a long time and she grew very old and frail, until last summer had to have her put to sleep. One day though, we plan to get a puppy and a kitten and have them grow up together, hopefully as friends.

Edited by Jamie123

...Oh, snooky wooky diddums..." etc.

:rofl:I have a friend who is like this with her very overweight toy poodle

I had her a long time and she grew very old and frail, until last summer had to have her put to sleep. One day though, we plan to get a puppy and a kitten and have them grow up together, hopefully as friends.

I am sorry for your loss - I love cats more than I love dogs. I like dogs. Especially if they are well behaved and have good manners. Just thinking about the "snooky wooky" stuff - I have one cat that would love that, Fred really does like it, he purrs and drools when I baby snuggle him. Then there is his sister Ethyl - she would shred your face if you tried that on her.

She tolerates me when I call her Baby Girl, and she will come and lay next to me if I put her pillow there and then ignore her.

Cats, just love them! I love their independence and their Attitudes.

People who get mad at the police for doing their job. An example...

I love people who accuse cops at traffic stops of not doing more important things.

Them: Why are you wasting your time stopping me when you should be out catching murderers!

What I wish the Cop would say: Ma'am/Sir, if you know where a wanted murder is you really should report it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to rant but just want to vent. It really bothers me when people send email out directions but don't include an address, Just "turn left at the giant chicken, go up the hill and take a slight right". I mean, if people have access to email, they have access to the Internet which means they have access to mapquest, Google Maps, etc. Why not just give out an address and then people can look it up themselves and decide how they want to get there or just put it in their GPS? Anyone have similar annoyances?

Ok, I'll admit I'm somewhat of a spelling/grammar Nazi. I mean I expect most adults to be able to speak and write at the educational level of a high school graduate........lol

This is one of my pet peeves, also. I would, however, go one step further to improve ...

I've got two apples.

to...

I have two apples. :)

Sorry to rant but just want to vent. It really bothers me when people send email out directions but don't include an address, Just "turn left at the giant chicken, go up the hill and take a slight right". I mean, if people have access to email, they have access to the Internet which means they have access to mapquest, Google Maps, etc. Why not just give out an address and then people can look it up themselves and decide how they want to get there or just put it in their GPS? Anyone have similar annoyances?

Google Maps/Map Quest are not always correct- and here where I live there has been such a massive amount of growth that if you do try to go to Google Maps or Map Quest to find an address all you get is farm land.

So use the internet maps, but also use the peoples directions. They at least know where they live and how to get there.

volleyball, my goodness stupid people who switch teams then one of the people ends up being moved to a different team because of that ONE person who switched teams and then that ONE person is all like "NOOO we need you you need to be on our team" and I think to myself 'our team' no your not on the team you SWITCHED get off and let the other person come back, besides he is better than you and you are just a distraction.

Okay sorry that was more rant than pet peeve but GAH its really annoying =s stupid thing to get annoyed about im pretty sure

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

People who (on the basis of what a few disgruntled police officers told the tabloids) claimed they knew Colin Stagg had "got away with murder", assumed that everyone else "knew" it too and - when the truth of the matter eventually came to light - displayed their utter ignorance by saying "well he did confess to the undercover cop!" (He never did any such thing.)

Sorry - I have morbid fascination for this case in particular, and more generally the way tabloids screw with people's lives.

Edited by Jamie123

volleyball, my goodness stupid people who switch teams then one of the people ends up being moved to a different team because of that ONE person who switched teams and then that ONE person is all like "NOOO we need you you need to be on our team" and I think to myself 'our team' no your not on the team you SWITCHED get off and let the other person come back, besides he is better than you and you are just a distraction.

Okay sorry that was more rant than pet peeve but GAH its really annoying =s stupid thing to get annoyed about im pretty sure

team killers in the Halo multiplayer demo...

People who don't understand the difference between "Reply" and "Reply All" in an email, and then the people after the first one who continue to "Reply All." Especially when the email wasn't relevant to me in the first place.

I logged into my e-mail account one morning to find about 20 e-mails, all sent from two different people. Basically it was an argument between the two, but the person who initiated the argument had "accidently replied all" to an e-mail sent by the intended recipient of his e-mail to several people a few months previously, both him and I being in those recipients. The intended recipient realised there had been a reply all, but due to the argument already being made public, she decided to keep it public, hence the build up of 20 or so e-mails.