The beggining of God ? How did God come to be God ?

lizzy12

How did God come to be God...if there is other planets in out places that have life and maybe God has a God.....then who is his God...reminds me of men in black.

Get what I'm asking ?

We know how we can become like God, we only can assume God did something similar (if not exactly the same plan of salvation). The details of God's life and journeyhaven't been reveled, we are more worried about our journey.

Part of the difficulty is our tendancy to apply our mortal construct of linear time and cause-effect to eternal realities. From God's perspective all of time is one eternal NOW. That is why from earthly perspective one can say that God has always been God, because within the crucible of time in which this mortality burns, God has always been God. Outside of time are progressions and growth that are not time-governed. It is within this non-temporal plane that God can be said to have progressed from uncreated intelligence, through spiritual birth, then mortal birth, then resurrection and exaltation to his present state of perfection. The Lord describes his course as "one eternal round". This would lead me to think that progression in eternity is more like a great circle, than a straight line that proceeds from beginning to end. We tend to ask questions like "how did the race of gods begin?" because we are trapped within a linear temporal framework. Outside of mortality, I imagine such a question will prove to be utterly non-sensical.

I realise there was a beginning to this world we live on in the sense that it was changed from one state to another (created). I do not go for the idea that there was a beginning to the gospel and all it entails. I do not think there was a beginning to time or an end time time. I think God uses the "one eternal round" phrase partly because, for most, it is the only way we can best understand the eternities.

How did God come to be God...if there is other planets in out places that have life and maybe God has a God.....then who is his God...reminds me of men in black.

Get what I'm asking ?

There are many variant readings of ancient scripture. As Genesis starts we see the translation “In the beginning”. This is one way to read the ancient Hebrew. One of the more acceptable variant readings of this same Hebrew text could be, “When G-d first established a covenant with man”. Personally I am drawn to this reading. Knowing that covenant is the undergirding concept of scripture this becomes a beacon of understanding to me. This is the G-d of our covenant which by ancient interpretation can also be understood as “G-d our Father”.

And so it is that G-d the Father becomes our G-d by covenant. In other words G-d became our G-d by covenant, and by this covenant Jesus became our G-d and only G-d to mediate with The Father in our fallen state.

The Traveler

I don't worry about it. My head would explode if I did. I think the only thing we need to really worry about is returning to him. At that point we could truly find out from him, what happened, among other things. And potential for learning other things is vast. But for now, I personally won't worry on it too much, because it doesn't pertain to my salvation.

I don't worry about it. My head would explode if I did. I think the only thing we need to really worry about is returning to him. At that point we could truly find out from him, what happened, among other things. And potential for learning other things is vast. But for now, I personally won't worry on it too much, because it doesn't pertain to my salvation.

I think much inspiration can be had, thinking about and discussing all things pertaining to God.

I's say that God alway was period. There was no beginning for him. When the Bible talks about "in the beginning" that is probably when He set things going and not God's beginning. I do not see God once being a man, progression or any of that other LDS thought.

Get what I'm asking ?

the only thing that might give us a Clue is CHrist's life. And how CHrist became exalted. other than that there is no info that might possibly give insight in relation to the OP.

This particular question extends deep in to pseudo-doctrine. People will tell you their own opinion like it was gospel. Some will slyly hint what they believe as if it were the only possible answer.

We don't know. I trust and love God. I believe he was the first. I believe he is the last: The Alpha and Omega, one might say.

Anything else is pure speculation.

This particular question extends deep in to pseudo-doctrine. People will tell you their own opinion like it was gospel. Some will slyly hint what they believe as if it were the only possible answer.

We don't know. I trust and love God. I believe he was the first. I believe he is the last: The Alpha and Omega, one might say.

I agree. Personally, I think some will be given personal insight into the matter while in mortality, but we don't have to accept ANYONE'S word as if it were doctrine unless it is presented by the First Presidency in General Conference and asked for a sustaining vote.

In another words, I DON'T KNOW is the most appropriate answer. Referring to US or WE is not always a correct stand to take when the Godhead has revealed these precious morsels of truth to a few.

Have anyone seen the beginning of our galaxy or even the universe? The answer is yes. See D&C 76. Seeing these two basic observation, opens wealth of truths that is not yet acceptable to the world or those in the church. If it was so, the Lord would allow the prophet and Sidney to teach and write about it. It was withheld for a reason.

Edited by Hemidakota

Gods upon God is ultimately begging the question of an initial creation.

If we must insist on this being so, then let me introduce the concept that the initial God was a product of a random universe in which through time, chance combinations occurred which produced life and through the process of natural selection and evolutionary fortune, this first race developed into Gods. They formed committees and drew up plans.