mormons and coffee ice cream

lizzy12

I read the link but I did not see anything about flavored coffee ice cream unless you think is ungodly?

I read the Miracle of Forgiveness many years ago, I don't recall what it says about coffee flavored ice cream. Would you mind to expand? Thanks.

Edited by Suzie

Read the book first then we can talk...

I read the book already and again I don't recall talking about it but maybe my memory is failing me so please expand if you can, thanks.

anyway, how is your husband Dave doing?

Who? Hmmmmm I think you are confusing me with someone else? ^_^

One small sin leads to other small sin, which leads to bigger sins later. We not only focus on the small measures of life, as we focus on the larger measure of life. Anything, no matter how small, or how big that will take away the Spirit of the Lord.

Do you think that's the case with flavored coffee ice cream?

It always starts with the innocent coffee-flavored ice cream and then next thing you know you're heading down that dangerous road trying things like real coffee cake. :o

M.

It always starts with the innocent coffee-flavored ice cream and then next thing you know you're heading down that dangerous road trying things like real coffee cake. :o

M.

That's the time when the phrase, "Abandon all hope ye who enter" becomes personally meaningful. Like moving from rootbeer to ginger beer.

;)

The Word of Wisdom itself specifies "hot drinks," which has been interpreted to mean coffee and tea. Never has there been any explanation or official word as to why these substances are prohibited.

I think that anyone with some common sense that knows what is in cofee and tea and knows what it does to the body would understand why these are prohibited. It is very obvious why. God doesn't need to specify because we have the information at our own finger tips and we can find out for ourselves. It is very easy to destinguish which hot drinks we can have and which we can't by what they have in them.

If it's so obvious, then why have Mormons been arguing among themselves for 150+ years about the reasons why these substances are banned? They are banned because they are banned. There has never any reason been given, and until some official word is made regarding the underlying reasons, I will hold that it is the drink itself.

I think that anyone with some common sense that knows what is in cofee and tea and knows what it does to the body would understand why these are prohibited. It is very obvious why. God doesn't need to specify because we have the information at our own finger tips and we can find out for ourselves. It is very easy to destinguish which hot drinks we can have and which we can't by what they have in them.

its obvious to you clearly. But personally until I understand and do 100% of the Lord's commands I am not about to argue with someone elses interpretation of a scripture.

That's the time when the phrase, "Abandon all hope ye who enter" becomes personally meaningful. Like moving from rootbeer to ginger beer.

;)

You can have my ginger beer when you pry it's ice cold deliciousness from my cold dead fingers!

You mean this information:

Coffee or Tea: Enjoy Both in Moderation for Heart Benefits, Dutch Study Suggests

ScienceDaily (June 19, 2010) — Coffee and tea drinkers may not need to worry about indulging -- high and moderate consumption of tea and moderate coffee consumption are linked with reduced heart disease, according to a study published in Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology: Journal of the American Heart Association.

Researchers in The Netherlands found:

Drinking more than six cups of tea per day was associated with a 36 percent lower risk of heart disease compared to those who drank less than one cup of tea per day.

Drinking three to six cups of tea per day was associated with a 45 percent reduced risk of death from heart disease, compared to consumption of less than one cup per day.

And for coffee they found:

Coffee drinkers with a modest intake, two to four cups per day, had a 20 percent lower risk of heart disease compared to those drinking less than two cups or more than four cups.

Although not considered significant, moderate coffee consumption slightly reduced the risk of heart disease death and deaths from all causes....

Coffee or tea: Enjoy both in moderation for heart benefits, Dutch study suggests

M.

It's terrible tasting stuff, along with its sister ginger wine. :yuck:

M.

Do you not like ginger in general? Or is it the beers your palate finds so objectionable? Personally I love ginger. I have yet to taste a ginger beer that is strong enough.

/me pops a ginger Altoid into his mouth.

I have loved an ice cream flavor called Dulce de Leche, but I have yet to hear an official pronouncement as to its acceptablity in spiritual matters.

Ohhh my goodness you are talking about SINFUL stuff there, I think the Bishop may call you to confess. ;) I LOVE dulce de leche ice cream!

It's terrible tasting stuff, along with its sister ginger wine. :yuck:

M.

I started drinking a locally brewed ginger beer to get something with more bite so that I could feel a part of the group when sitting and watching a ball game with my roommates. They would pop open their beers, I'd pop open my ginger beer.

Ah, the memories.

I have loved an ice cream flavor called Dulce de Leche, but I have yet to hear an official pronouncement as to its acceptablity in spiritual matters.

It's just "milk jam" or basically carmel.

Other than the components that are bad for you, like sugar and cream, there isn't anything addictive... other than it's sheer goodness!

Oh man, those really clear you out, don't they? Have you ever tried the black licorice Altoids? Those are pretty powerful, too.

I love those as well, good strong flavor. Of course I love strong flavors, I'm the guy who when he's finished with his sushi likes to just snack on the left over wasabi paste.