Utah mother pregnant with two babies who aren't twins

pam

i wonder what the odds of being able to deliver both naturally (if the dr's would stay out of it and let it happen naturally) and on time are. given it's not the same uterus then it's a separate labor process.

i read a story of a woman with twins who went into labor early, delivered one of the babies, her body stopped labor and the other baby was carried to term. if that can happen with the one uterus then i would think that would be much easier to accomplish with 2 separate uteruses.

i wonder what the odds of being able to deliver both naturally (if the dr's would stay out of it and let it happen naturally) and on time are. given it's not the same uterus then it's a separate labor process.

i read a story of a woman with twins who went into labor early, delivered one of the babies, her body stopped labor and the other baby was carried to term. if that can happen with the one uterus then i would think that would be much easier to accomplish with 2 separate uteruses.

This news report is, according to all scientific evidence, gross.

Yes. Two uteruses, each impregnated at the same time within the same woman, is gross. That is a medical fact.

This news report is, according to all scientific evidence, gross.

Yes. Two uteruses, each impregnated at the same time within the same woman, is gross. That is a medical fact.

i don't think the topic of the uterus is gross. maybe you just deemed it such because you don't have one. uterus envy maybe?

personally i'm happy with the one i have, no envy for a second.

Not to mention the double PMS that might bring.

Except for the fact that PMS has absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy.

Well, with the two being only less that two weeks apart, she can't have a c-section. If she has one for the first, they'd have to pull both out at the same time. She could probably have one for the second, but it would be rough. It's an interesting thought, though -- will they force both at the same time to prevent a trauma-recovery-trauma-recovery pattern, and just get it over with all at once? I guess it will just depend on how each fetus develops.

uterus envy maybe?

Definitely. Funky's always had uterus envy.

:rolleyes:

Pigs have seperate 'spurs' of uterus and are able to be pregnant with seperate litters several weeks apart from eachother. Its hard on the sow, but its a common practice to pmpregnate them that way in many developing countries. Farrowing time is quite exciting when they give birth. Sow's aren't too good to their offspring; often eating them shortly after birth. Hence they're placed in a 'farrowing crate' that prevents them from turning around for quite some time during and after birth.

Of course, seeing how some children behave throughout their lives, I sometimes think that swine might have the right idea.

Yeah for me, I resisted uttering the terrible joke that maybe this woman has some pig in her.. or has had 2 pigs recently..

From Goshen University: Genitourinary structures

Uterus - The fetal pig uterus is of a type called bicornate, compared to the simplex human uterus. This means that the pig uterus has two large horns in addition to the body. These horns are sometimes confused with the much smaller Fallopian tubes. It is the presence of these horns which allows pigs to have a litter of 8 or 10 pigs. (See p. 57 of the FPDG.) Untitled Document

I would expect the hormonal changes to effect both uteri and cause the endometria to be shed at approximately the same time but that is just a WAG. Where is MoE when you need him?

Why do you think I'd know how have two uteri would affect menstruation. I'm a statistician...I can only tell you about the 99 normal people out of the 100. I can't tell you anything about the one weird person (they're usually the most unstable).

but my big fear is that her menstruations would rise and fall like waves. Can you imagine if they ever peaked at the same time (a mathematical inevitability if the waves are of different lengths). The earthquake would be so incredible that Kansas would fall into the ocean.

Why do you think I'd know how have two uteri would affect menstruation.

Your past participation and knowledge in threads dealing with female anatomical issues. Of maybe I just look up to you and expect you to know everything?

*sigh*

Idols are so hard to find these days.

Your past participation and knowledge in threads dealing with female anatomical issues. Of maybe I just look up to you and expect you to know everything?

*sigh*

Idols are so hard to find these days.

Okay, I'll come clean. I do know the answer to your question, but I'm trying to cover my tracks. If I were to tell you everything I know about female anatomy, I'd probably be excommunicated. Or worse.....banned!