Funny things that happen in church

pooter1

Special Stake Meeting to hear the Prophet (Gordon B. Hinckley). An hour before the meeting started, the chapel was packed. A very serious and stern 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency approaches the microphone and tells the people how important that meeting will be and how reverent we are supposed to be....and then he said: "PLEASE, let's show some respect by turning off our cell phones. How embarrassing it would be if our phones start ringing". As soon as he finished saying that his cell phone started ringing VERY LOUD with a Michael Jackson ringtone!

The whole chapel laughed hysterically, including him! It took a long time to get everyone calm again.

I'm not lds, but my funny story is when I brought my grandma to church. She's 90, legally blind and uses a walker. I played the piano so I wasn't sitting with her during the service. She accidently put her envelope with her rent money into the offering plate, instead of the envelope she had prepared with $5. The deacons were a several pews past her when she realized her mistake. She panicked and started chasing them down with her walker yelling, "hey, I want my money back!". They figured it out quickly and everyone was laughing hysterically, including Grandma.

New move-in in ward, today gives her first Sacrament meeting talk. Begins it by singing a song for three or four minutes right there at the pulpit. She actually wasn't half bad, but . . . it was kind of awkward.

My Ward has a Sister with an incredibly beautiful voice. She often will sing a

song, at the end of her talk, appropriate to the subject of her talk. In fact, on the few occasions she has not sung, I have been disappointed.

New move-in in ward, today gives her first Sacrament meeting talk. Begins it by singing a song for three or four minutes right there at the pulpit. She actually wasn't half bad, but . . . it was kind of awkward.

We had a returned missionary who sang a hymn in the middle of his talk once. It didn't phase me, but then I'm new. He really was not a great singer, but you gotta give him kudos for doing that in front of the entire ward. It certainly woke everyone up.

I remember a few years back a woman got up to do a musical number. (it was a singles ward) she sang and she was super nervous and because of it, she messed up a ton. And she apologized over and over and over between messups in the singing. Of course no ones going to say anything, but it was one of the most ackward experiences of my life and probably everyone sitting there. It would have been a mercy for her to have probably just not done it.

I had a 6 month old boy and needed to feed him so some kindly people showed me to the nurses lounge. It wasn't long before I had some company and one of the women came in with her boy to nurse as well. She likely could tell I was not a member - white pantsuit without sleeves kinda gave me away. She starts chatting me up. She finds out I had moved from Saskatchewan earlier that year. She then says to me, "isn't Saskatchewan all one state?"....and this coupled with hearing the word "primary" (and I am thinking US election reference) mentioned in the first part of the Sacrament meeting I had been in - thinking to myself , are all of these mormons from US and not very bright?? So I say " Saskatchewan is a province, not a state!!" Of course, she meant Stake, but what did I know ?? Bet that Sister hasn't forgotten me!! That was 10 years ago. :huh:

We ahve a lot of forighners in Norway who ahve joined LDS. Sometimes language is making some trouble. This elderly South American lady held a prayer in her prayer seh asked that God would give everyone canser.... what she ment to say was strength... kreft/kraft... not much difference.:lol:

Yes and everyone said "Amen" to that.

Okay, so my hubby is 2nd couns. and I sit right in front of him so we can waggle our eyebrows at each other...anyway last Sund. a sister stood up to give her talk.

Immediately the Bishop is holding his breath...my hubby looks like he is choking, he turns red, then purple, I'm just about ready to jump up and give him CPR when he spots me and nods his head towards the sister.

She gave a perfectly normal talk. What we couldn't see was that she had stuck a long bit of toilet paper to hang down the back of her skirt...with a note at the end that said, "Just kidding," but the note had fallen off, and they didn't see it until the talk was almost over.

She sat down, took up the t.p. and wiped her eyes with it. That was it, the bishopric was doubled over laughing and no one knew why.

There was the little boy who decided he wanted a nut and butter sandwich instead of the Sacrament being passed. :)

My first calling was in the Nursery. On my first day several of the parents told me about a little boy and girl that were biters. They never bit each other just the other children. After several close calls I put both in time out. I set a little chair on both sides of a very large cabinet. I talked to them and sit them down. I walked across the room and sit the others down to color some pictures. I heard a clicking sound before I reached the others. I looked back over my shoulder. Both of them had stuck their little heads around the side of the cabinet. They were looking at each other and chopping their little teeth at each other. It reminded me of two old people clicking their false teeth. They so wanted to bite each other. :) After that day, they never bit other children. They would just click their teeth at each other.

As the sacrament was being blessed my cell phone went off. My ring tone is "The Tarzan Yell" I know that is suppose to be the most serious time at church but we couldn't help it.Everyone was stifling a giggle. Note to everyone:Turn cell phone off when going to church.

At least you didn't have 50Cent for your ringtone rappin' ..'go shawty it's yo birthday - we gon' party like it's yo birthday'.