Dealbreakers, conditions, and requests

Wingnut

I don't like watching sports even though I was the top wide reciever from my Junior year on. I don't think I've ever sat thru an entire game of anything on TV. Why watch when you can go play?

I'm preparing myself mentally to have a couple sons in law that will be dissapointed and uncomfortable around me because I can't speak about typical mens stuff.

I do think there is something I'm missing and think perhaps those who are into watching sports might be more competative which might be a good thing when it comes to supporting a family.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I gotta comment, cuz I am the poster of the 'other thread'. And I'm gonna one up you.

I don't believe in unconditional love.

I chose to marry my wife in the temple because I dated her and I knew what I was getting. I knew that she was a hard working upstanding LDS elect lady who wanted to be a stay at home mom and raise up our children in righteousness.

If she were to start smoking, drinking, and sleeping around, we would have to get a divorce.

But if she made a casserole with cream of mushroom soup would you divorce her?

Okay, totally disagree. First--I HATE taking my shoes off in other people's homes. I am not a refined lady. I walk around--inside and outside--barefoot all the time. My feet are rough and ugly. Taking my shoes off in other people's homes is embarrassing for me.

I also have NO desire to see anybody else's feet. Seriously. Crazy toes and yellow toe nails...Freak. Me. Out.

I'll leave mine on, and you leave yours on, and nobody will get hurt. :lol:

Does no one here wear socks? :eek:

LOL

The kind of shoes I wear out and about would look ridiculous with socks! So no, I don't wear socks, unless I'm running. That said, in the comfort of my own home, I wear socks or slippers but NEVER shoes!

I was born and raised in Miami. Either I wore no shoes at all or I wore sandals when I was old enough to have a choice.

When I get home the shoes come off and stay off, even outside. I put all the Christmas lights up this year in my yard with no shoes! :eek:

I live in Georgia now, so it was cold. After awhile my feet got numb, so it didn't bother me not having shoes on. :lol:

I think I'm a Hobbit. My feet look like Hobbit feet. I am only 5'2"...so maybe I'm a really tall Hobbit. ;)

I can't stand to walk around in my bare feet. Socks just aren't enough either. Some of the reasons I like to wear shoes:

My feet get cold on floors. Uncomfortably cold. I hate that the most.

I hate stepping on a stray lego.

I have tender feet.

I hate the feel of any speck of dirt on my feet.

I dislike sliding around on the bare floor with socks.

I dislike wearing socks around the house and then putting on my shoes to go out. It just feels dirty.

Sometimes I have a hole in my sock and it embarrasses me if I'm at someone else's house with the no shoes rule.

I often wear socks with my sandals--but, it's only in my own house. In fact, I've got socks on right now, and I'm going to slip on my sandals and walk downstairs to fold a batch of laundry. I detest walking around the house without shoes.

Edited by classylady

I take that to mean that "ites" from Seattle wear socks with their sandals? :lol:

Doesn't it rain in Seattle...like, alot? Why would anybody want wet socks and wet sandals...at the same time!?! :lol:

How else do you get the moss to grow?

Originally Posted by mikbone

The Lord is not going to let the meth addict thief into the celestial kingdom.

Question - if you happen to make it there, and you see one, what will you do?

I would walk up to them and say, "didn't I arrest you back in 2007?"

The only dealbreaker I had back in the dating years was not being active LDS. If she wasn't active in the church I wasn't interested.

Edited by mirkwood

IMO being a control freak is a lot worse offense. Using ultimatum manipulation is sick. It shows you are full of pride and arogance. There are scriptural standards we all are well aware of. GOD set those for us. It should be good enough for you with out building a petty list for another person to be subject too. Who do you think you are? Maybe your insecurity and the tendancies to manipulate will bring out strange addictive impulse issues in your spouse he/she would otherwise had never experianced.

I can't stand to walk around in my bare feet. Socks just aren't enough either. Some of the reasons I like to wear shoes:

My feet get cold on floors. Uncomfortably cold. I hate that the most.

I hate stepping on a stray lego.

I have tender feet.

I hate the feel of any speck of dirt on my feet.

I dislike sliding around on the bare floor with socks.

I dislike wearing socks around the house and then putting on my shoes to go out. It just feels dirty.

Sometimes I have a hole in my sock and it embarrasses me if I'm at someone else's house with the no shoes rule.

I often wear socks with my sandals--but, it's only in my own house. In fact, I've got socks on right now, and I'm going to slip on my sandals and walk downstairs to fold a batch of laundry. I detest walking around the house without shoes.

lol,You need to train like a Zulu! jk,jk.

If you wear sandals (without socks) then your feet are visible anyway, so that throws out the post I replied to about someone not wanting to see or show their ugly feet.

That depends on the type of sandal. The kind that I wear have a woven back, sides, and top. I wish I knew if the kind I liked had a particular name.

My toenails are always polished, so I have no worries about my toenails. I just don't like people to see my heels or the bottom of my feet.

Now, as far as other people's feet, if they are polished, fine. But I don't like looking at bare toenails. I guess I just have an issue with feet and unpainted toenails. :huh:

Yes! Mine are just slightly different (American Eagle), but that is the style that I LOVE!! I could wear them every day, and I would too, if I had them in every color!!!!

Thank you Wingnut...you truly are awesome! Now, just find that story on prayer that I am looking for and I will put you on a pedestal!!! :huh::lol:

I still do. Mine are red and I still wear them and they are at least 20 years old...If it is not worn out/torn/broken...I keep it forever! :eek:

Mother!! You finally posted!! SO glad to see you back!

Yes, my mother is telling the truth. However, I will not benefit from her horde of shoes...as she is a 6 1/2, and I am a Hobbit (8 1/2 or 9). :lol: