What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Yes, Brooke is not on that one.  Pettyfer is on it (the leading guy).  Did you like the movie?

I haven't seen the movie - I was thinking about it but I didn't like the old Endless Love movie with Brooke Shields and being the only chick in my family, I have to make chick-flicks count...

Yes, Brooke is not on that one.  Pettyfer is on it (the leading guy).  Did you like the movie?

I haven't seen the movie - I was thinking about it but I didn't like the old Endless Love movie with Brooke Shields and being the only chick in my family, I have to make chick-flicks count...

We did enjoy it....Mrs Palerider liked it more than me

Lucy.

Started out great.  Ended up stupid.  It's like the director ran out of brain after Lucy gained 50% of hers.

Hercules.

The Rock surprised me.  He actually pulled off a great serious movie even when he's the only one who spoke with an American accent.  His short and gruff lines masked it and he didn't have his many signature goofy expressions that was noticeable.  The script was skin-deep but hey, it was okay for a back-to-back marathon with Lucy... at least we walked out of the theater satisfied.

But here's my rant... lots of people die in Hercules but of course we expect that.  There's lots of blood in it including those of 3 small children... a little too intense for a PG-13.  And Hercules' wife takes off her clothes giving us a full view of her backside.  Now, this is a PG-13 movie.  There was really ZERO need for flashing a backside and ZERO need for graphically showing bloody children over and over.  Totally unnecessary, totally knocked this movie out of my children's view list... But there were tons of kids in the theater.  Sad state of today's society?

Re Lucy - hard to take a movie seriously when the so-called scientific premise is wrong.

I've watched 'Captain Phillips' twice in 2 days now. I don't know why it intrigues me, but it does, even after going back to the real version vs Hollywood.

I am tempted to send a greeting card to the young pirate doing 33 years at Club Fed. What do you think? Christian kindness or stupid female kinda thing?

Oh my - I'm watching 'Bannockburn: The Real Bravehearts' and I'm pretty sure Robert the Bruce just said 'Okay.'

Ida

"... a moving and intimate drama about a young novitiate nun in 1960s Poland who, on the verge of taking her vows, discovers a dark family secret dating from the terrible years of the Nazi occupation. 18-year old Anna, a shelteredorphan raised in a convent, is preparing to become a nun when the Mother Superior insists she first visit her sole living relative."

Review w/ a trailer: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/mobile/m/ida_2013/

RottenTomatoes 94%

MetaCritic 89%

Roger Ebert 4 stars

It's refreshing to see a film that doesn't deride a person's faith.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

AWESOME MOVIE!  Very fun.  And the boy and the girl DID NOT kiss.  Bonus!  Humanoids getting blown to smithereens or put holes in their chests.  Minus!  70's-80's music and a reference to Kevin Bacon in Footloose.  Bonus!  Lots of not too mild language.  Minus!  More of Thanos who is supposed to be the next Avengers bad guy.  Bonus!

Watched I Am Number Four with the family. Even though it's kind of high schoolie movie and I'm way past that stage I really find this movie entertaining. If you haven't seen it I would recommend it.

SciFi - check

Space Bullies getting pwn'd  - check

Earth Bullies getting pwn'd - check

Awesome Action sequences - check

High School Romance - meh...but check anyways

Watched I Am Number Four with the family. Even though it's kind of high schoolie movie and I'm way past that stage I really find this movie entertaining. If you haven't seen it I would recommend it.

SciFi - check

We watched that a long, long time ago and I agree! I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.

We watched that a long, long time ago and I agree! I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.

I also saw this a long time ago and saw the BlueRay at Costco for $6 so I picked it up. Glad I did, it was as good as I remember.

SciFi - check

ARRRGGG!!!  I loved and hated this movie!  I loved the movie very much.  I hated the High School sweetheart!  I wish they would have just written her off the script!  She was soooo drab and blah and useless and she became pathetic when number 5 showed up... At least the nerdy guy held his own.

Get On Up

The actor was awesome in portraying James Brown complete with the footwork!  The music was great but unfortunately, I didn't like the movie.  I was having a hard time following the movie as it jumped all over the place the reason of which made no sense to me.  I already have a difficult time catching the dialogue with the black accent having to figure out what happened when got to be too much.

Get on Up... I loved the music and dancing. The rest of it I was completely disappointed in. I won't say how I felt about him as a person after watching the movie. Hopefully, he wasn't like the movie portrayed.

Guardians of the Galaxy... AWESOME! Loved this movie. I will see it again and probably again...and again.

Begin Again.

Love this movie! It is refreshing to see Hollywood have a leading man and leading lady not have a romantic relationship. Instead, the leading lady helped the leading man reconcile with his wife and kid!

Rated R for language only.

Teenage Murant Ninja Turtles

Love this movie too! Super fun and funny. The action scenes are a bit chaotic, but who cares! They're Turtles!

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic