What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

The Maze Runner.

I quite enjoyed it. The beginning was a bit sluggish, and there wasn't too much crazy action going on, but the story was solid and kept me curious the whole way through. The ending was a bit of a disappointment but I'm guessing they're gearing up for a sequel.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein, which also happens to have Bela Lugosi as Dracula, and Lon Chaney as the Wolfman.

It's presented by this really cool show called Svengoolie, which comes on at 10 on Saturday nights here in Northern California. Hilarious show, great old black and white horror flicks. More corny than scary.

http://svengoolie.com if anyone is interested in these old black and whites. I adore them, so I'm a fan.

Edited by Silhouette

I watched the first part of a documentary called "Half The Sky". Oh MY Goodness! It's so eye opening and humbling to watch. The book is just heart wrenching, too.   It's about girls being trafficked and abused. Also about the importance of education for girls in third world countries and how much some have to sacrifice to get basic education. Highly recommended for mature audiences. We are so insulated from all this.

My 17 yr old daughter has watched it umpteen times, too. She'll announce that it feels like a Pride and Prejudice night and off she goes to her girl nest to watch it. It's like comfort food.

I vascillate between Pride & Prejudice, Prince & Me, Jane Eyre (Michael Fassbender), Ever After, and Pretty in Pink.  Okay, my PnP obsession is not about the main love story but the love story of Duckie...

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic