What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Black Friday with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi. A movie wherein Lugosi played a gangster rather than Dracula or any other of his normal typecast rolls in monster movies. It was interesting to see him in a completely different persona.

Edited by Silhouette

wow, reading the imdb breakdown of the content of that movie, not one I'm going to go watch. Which is too bad it intrigued me initially. Too much cussing is just a turn off for me, hypocritical I know, I'll watch violent movies...

Edited by jerome1232

Space Wars Documentary of what future space-based warfare could be like. not bad, nothing really new since the strategic defense (star wars) initiative back during the cold war... might be interesting to any sci fi fan who has not looked into real world application and theory for kinetic, energy, conversion, and radiation systems.

they missed extreme long range battles and problems with relativistic times... and also missed nuke pumped lasers, and drone tech. and nanotech.

Edited by Blackmarch

St. Vincent. Made me cry. Which sucked because I was expecting a comedy. Ok, it was funny too but it was a surprise to have that funny actress in Identity Thief being in a mostly serious role...

Interstellar. I loved Nolan's fictional treatment of space-time! He must have had collaborative help/advice from some theoretical physicists or cosmologists. The movie isn't learning friendly, but if you have a decent grasp of the fourth dimension (time), you might be able to wrap your head around the fifth dimension, which was represented by the bookshelf scene toward the end. My only gripe, aside from the weak background story (inexplicable dystopia caused by the "blight") was the difficulty to hear some of the dialogue due to the loud score. Otherwise, masterfully done. The whole issue about solving the problem with gravity with Interstellar's plot seemed to me to be a jab at the movie "Gravity" with Sandra Bullock. That was a well done movie, too, but Interstellar completely eclipsed it.  ^_^

Interstellar... awesome movie. I will see this one again!

"Newton's third law" and "90% truth" said by Cooper as he sacrificed himself for Amelia caught me way off guard. I felt bad for Tars (the robot) that sacrificed himself for Cooper, but then when Cooper did the same for Amelia, it was a complete sucker punch!! In the end, all three made it.

"Newton's third law" and "90% truth" said by Cooper as he sacrificed himself for Amelia caught me way off guard. I felt bad for Tars (the robot) that sacrificed himself for Cooper, but then when Cooper did the same for Amelia, it was a complete sucker punch!! In the end, all three made it.

According to Tars, he is a robot, so he has to do what he's told.  LOL.  I love that Tars character.  Humor level 75% - auto-self-destruct in 10-9-8... LOL!!!!

We watched it again yesterday because Big Hero 6 was sold out all the way through the last full show.

Edited by anatess

Interstellar

In the end, was the human race put on a space ship? And why did Matt Damon do what he did?

The film reminded me of "Contact".

Yes, they were on the same ship, which was being built the entire time Cooper was away. Matt Damon was just a scientist who went mad and became desperate to be rescued. That's why he gave the false information to make it sound like he found the perfect world. When they came, he did whatever it took to get himself away safely, even if it meant killing everyone else.

Gone With the Wind

I finally found the WORST MOVIE THAT EVERYONE ELSE LOVES.  I hated this movie with a passion.  Can't stand that girl!  Everytime she opens her mouth or smiles her sly smiles it makes me want to take a shower.  Best line:  Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.  If the line would have come with a beating, the movie would inch up on the palatable scale.

Edited by anatess

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic