George Zimmerman Case winding down

bytor2112

Perhaps if you had paid any attention to the evidence introduced during the trial, you would know how silly you sound right now. I would urge you to watch this great summary of the evidence as we know it in this case:

After the 23 minute mark you can probably stop watching because he starts moralizing and putting his own spin on things, but the first 23 minutes are a great wrap-up of things as they happened or were testified to, and a little background on both parties involved. Beware, he uses crude language when he uses exact quotes of what both people said or allegedly said according to testimony given.

Thank you for posting the link for the youtube video. That was very informational.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my...Jessie Looney tune Jackson:

If Trayvon Martin were not a young black male, he would be alive today. Despite the verdict, it’s clear that George Zimmerman would never have confronted a young white man wearing a hoodie. He would, at the very least, have listened to the cops and stayed back. Trayvon Martin is dead because Zimmerman believed that “these guys always get away” and chose not to wait for the police

Oh my...Jessie Looney tune Jackson:

Quote:

If Trayvon Martin were not a young black male, he would be alive today. Despite the verdict, it’s clear that George Zimmerman would never have confronted a young white man wearing a hoodie. He would, at the very least, have listened to the cops and stayed back. Trayvon Martin is dead because Zimmerman believed that “these guys always get away” and chose not to wait for the police

Here are some thoughts about culture and getting along:

It is quite possibly true that if Trayvon Martin was not a black kid in a hoodie with a whopass attitude (not my words but the words of Trayvon’s close friend) that he would still be alive today. It is not a secret that violence is a problem in certain sub cultures of our society and that those with a propensity to address any scrutiny as a threat and with a response of violence; significantly aggravate those perceptions (real or imaginary) of an individual immersed in an overly violent sub culture.

I also find it both interesting and telling that when George Zimmerman used the term “those people” in reference to a group that terrorized his neighborhood with break ins, burglarizing and stealing property and then getting off - that many in the “media” assume the only logical referencing that fits such a profile are “blacks”? Why would anyone connected to reality say that? The truth is that “whites” are capable and will also commit such crimes – so why would anyone assume that “those people” refer to blacks only?

One of the fundamental rights of our constitution is the right to bear arms. That right was instituted by our founding fathers as a primary defense against a whopass attitude of violence. Any individual or culture with a proclivity of violence is more likely to have a shorter life span in confronting a general society of armed citizens that believes that being armed is a constitutional right. This is the conclusion of the court in Florida – that citizens have a right to protect themselves (even with a firearm) against those with a whopass attitude of violence.

The Traveler

In honor of this President continuing to stoke the fires of ignorance and racism with his comments today.

Obama: "Trayvon Martin could've been me 35 years ago" - CBS News

bump..

Why does this President and the media so blatently ignore the fact that Zimmerman was profiled for his race (well half his race..the white side) and found guilty of murder and hate crimes long before any facts came out?

In honor of this President continuing to stoke the fires of ignorance and racism with his comments today.

Obama: "Trayvon Martin could've been me 35 years ago" - CBS News

bump..

Why does this President and the media so blatently ignore the fact that Zimmerman was profiled for his race (well half his race..the white side) and found guilty of murder and hate crimes long before any facts came out?

Why doesn't the President and the media concede the fact that Trayvon was a racist thug and assaulted Zimmerman? I guess the similarity between Trayvon and Barrack is the marijuana use...but is he saying that he too would have sucker punched Zimmerman ( the act of a coward btw) and proceeded to smash his head into the sidewalk?

The President is right when he says when people see a young black man on the street you can hear their car doors lock. It is also true that if a young black man gets on the elevator a woman will clutch her purse closer. What he left out was the reason for this. It is eight times more likely your car or purse will be stolen by a young back man that a young white man. Rather this is due to poverty, lack of education or the absence of a positive role model in their lives is of little solitude if it is your car or purse stolen.

What needs to happen in America is for a generation of black men to be raised to break this cycle. Bill Cosby has been telling them this for years, but they tend to pay more attention to the Rap artists that promote killing, rape and rioting. I grew up in a mixed intercity neighborhood. When I went to a black friends house I met his mother and father. Something happened in the next generation. Most black homes have a single parent. Almost exclusively the mother. Black men don't seem to take on the responsibility their fathers or perhaps grandfathers did. I taught in a large intercity school that was about seventy percent black. One student there that had six different girl pregnant at the same time. One female black teacher told her girl students "If you see him coming up your sidewalk, he's not coming to help you with your homework".

BTW - for the record, I believe OJ is as innocent of all charges as Mr. Zimmerman. My reasoning, because neither could be convicted in a court of law with the actual evidence.

The Traveler

I've always wondered who the thirteenth person in the country was that thought OJ was innocent:)

Just a note - I base my opinion on my personal research and not on inflammatory and biased media commentary.

The Traveler

This is a horribly difficult case. I have strong opinions about the result, the role of the media, the role of certain community leaders, etc. However, if I am with an African-American brother or sister or friend I want to be able to walk with them and offer Spirit-anointed love. We do not have to agree with solutions or conclusions to love and try to understand.

I have wondered why the media is showing many Hispanics aligning with the "Justice for Trayvon" bandwagon. After all, one perspective would be that the President and race baiters are intentionally conducting a witch hunt on an exonerated Latino.

Finally, one has had the courage to disagree with the "enlightened" viewpoint:

I Am Not Trayvon. I Am An American. | Fox News Latino

This is a horribly difficult case. I have strong opinions about the result, the role of the media, the role of certain community leaders, etc. However, if I am with an African-American brother or sister or friend I want to be able to walk with them and offer Spirit-anointed love. We do not have to agree with solutions or conclusions to love and try to understand.

Of course it is only a difficult case because of the false narrative that has been used. Bottom line...Trayvon would still be alive today if he had not chosen to ambush and physically assault Zimmerman.

I want to empathize with Martin's supporters--especially the parents. Sadly, they've become a lynch mob: Family Rescued by George Zimmerman Fears 'Blow Back' - ABC News

One blog-site headlined that "Family Zimmerman Rescued Wants Nothing to Do With Him," as if that somehow underlined his guilt. To the contrary, it shows that too many of Martin's supporters have become the very thing they accused Zimmerman of--vigilantes. This family is afraid to publically thank Zimmerman for saving their lives because they fear violence from Martin's supporters!

Is this the new post-modern America?

Is this the new post-modern America?

No. The new post-modern America doesn't have any longer of an attention span than the pre-post-modern America. If Zimmerman stays off the radar, it'll go away as soon as the news cycle has something else to focus on.

Real quick - does anyone remember the congressman from California who was constantly in the news for having an extramarital affair right before the 9/11 bombing? They never even found her body until 8 months after 9/11, but he basically vanished from headline news the instant the planes hit.

No. The new post-modern America doesn't have any longer of an attention span than the pre-post-modern America. If Zimmerman stays off the radar, it'll go away as soon as the news cycle has something else to focus on.

Real quick - does anyone remember the congressman from California who was constantly in the news for having an extramarital affair right before the 9/11 bombing? They never even found her body until 8 months after 9/11, but he basically vanished from headline news the instant the planes hit.

Gary Condit...that low life reprobate murdering.......